Tanasak tells UN why Thai Army took control of the country

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hong Kong: Fresh clashes as pro-democracy protests spread

Prbkk post # 9

Powerful institutions did nothing to support a govt under siege but the military deemed it necessary to act to "protect democracy" and "return happiness to the people". The happiest people would be those few powerful and mega rich business families whose interests were challenged by the policies of the former government.

The rest of the world knows exactly what happened and will not be easily conned by this "rationale"

Previously written as

''Thailand: Fresh clashes as pro democracy protests against the Shinwatra regime spread.''

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

Powerful institutions did nothing to support a govt under siege but the military deemed it necessary to act to "protect democracy" and "return happiness to the people". The happiest people would be those few powerful and mega rich business families whose interests were challenged by the policies of the former government.

The rest of the world knows exactly what happened and will not be easily conned by this "rationale"

don't u have that backward?

• Like 2

But he failed to explain that the army failed to support the elected government making it powerless.

It needed to be powerless to get rid of the crooks running the country at the time!

Ahhh...an act like in Tainaman Square reflects genuine democracy...

I wonder how it was received ?

They went for coffee probably. 2 coups in 8 years, what would you do ?

I wonder what time the speech was scheduled, and as yellowboat alluded to, how many people were actually in the chamber to listen. These sort of presentations are often done in the quiet time with very few in the chamber at the time, but having been presented the speech is on record as having been presented.

Saying the things that the UN want to hear is nothing new, the problem is some of those things he is saying are quite simply not true

"the opposing political parties were given the chance to save democracy but failed because they were unwilling to compromise"

Truth. The opposing party protesting calling government to step down, so government followed correct procedure and the law, dissolved government and called for elections, which the EC tried to illegally (delay) stop, protesters illegally blocked entry to government buildings cut water and power and intimidated threatened staff to get out. destroyed public property, claiming with the judicial support that they are peaceful, NOT SO, blocked polling stations, beat any and all man woman young and old (FACT backed by video evidence), that wished to exercise their legal right to vote, Still claiming peaceful protesters, throwing grenades at police blowing apart one officers leg, and injuring others still claiming with judicial support that they are peaceful and police can not touch them, the list goes on.

opposition to protesters shooting and throwing grenades killing men woman and children (fact backed by video evidence)

"We all wish that things did not have to turn out that way" <deleted>, It was planed and put into action, and the mob let loose to do as they pleased, without police interference. so as to give cause for yet another planed coup.

Now some he will call this propaganda, it's not it's fact backed by video evidence, some will call it bias, so before they get their shot I'll sat this, I do NOT support violence by either side of the political divide and any guilty of it should be thrown in gaol.

As for human rights and human trafficking well we know just how that works here, it's ok until you get caught then after the brown paper bag it's back at it again

as the money being made by those that are responsible to stop it is just to irresistible, and the consequences of the threatened inactive post is not a deterrent.

"without police interference" A very polite way of saying that the police did nothing to prevent or catch the perpetrators of over 100 attacks on the protestors. What a twisted version of the "truth" you are peddling.

ramrod711, Didn't take long,

Are you really saying that? WOW, "the police did nothing to prevent or catch the perpetrators of over 100 attacks on the protestors"

Think you may need to have a little look at your " twisted version of the truth" think you might find that in fact there have been arrests, and sure I think not enough.

Everything I have said in my post is fact, and I'll say it again is backed by video evidence, it's just not to your liking, which I find rather twisted, but ok each to their own. So can you say the same? do you have video evidence of police sitting by watching a pick up full of gun toting killers and throwing bombs and shooting people and they just sat there and did nothing, REALLY...

• Like 1

noitom, on 29 Sept 2014 - 08:01, said:

But he failed to explain that the army failed to support the elected government making it powerless.

He also didn't explain why there have been 19 coups, 12 successful, since 1932, and why this one will make any difference compared to the others...on an average a coup every 2 years, who are this the greatest failures in providing democracy and change, the elected governments, or those who have been in power the most, ie, the military. Seems to me there has been failure after failure after failure. To me, being a foreigner, there just doesn't seem to be another, in Thailand, capable of forming government dedicated to Thailand's, and Thais, future.

• Like 1

ramrod711, on 29 Sept 2014 - 08:06, said:
noitom, on 29 Sept 2014 - 08:01, said:

The Shins had the support of the police, like Ali Baba had the support of the forty thieves. Thank goodness they are gone and the power of the police is in decline.

Do you really believe the "power" of the police has declined? Can you tell us how you came to this conclusion? Their "power" will only decline when "heads roll," so far that has not happened.