Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

You are right...They only kill 2,000 drug suspects...rape and kill little girls to throw out the window....physician cut up his spouse into pieces that can be flushed down the drain...rape and kill the baby-sitter and the two little kids she was babysitting.....kill a 100 protesters in the bed of flat bed trucks...kill muslim and buddhists on a daily basis in the deep south....

The list goes on and on...

Surely you jest...

CB

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

"...where the natives are known to have a low IQ." Jesus, could you people stop saying this kind of rubbish? Factually unverified and blatantly racist. Why? Why even give an opinion if you have nothing to offer the conversation?

actually the Thais say it themselves, tests done in primary schools throughout Thailand have shown Thai pupils have a lower than average iQ. I read this some time ago in the BP, i was put down to poor nutrition.

It seems many out there want the murderer to be from a high ranking family...but maybe...jut maybe these guys are the real killers.

Maybe the police did keep somethings to themselves...

The Thais are the forum scapegoat. In their view the murderer cannot be anyone but the Thais.

As you live in Australia, you'd know that people there question those in authority regularly- we don't just accept what we're told. Maybe this a relatively new concept in Thailand but I guess that the large disparity in wealth and power is to blame as well as the poor education system.

Some of us have been posting many times per day since September 15, asking questions of the procedures and evidence released by the investigators. Over those two weeks I didn't have the sense that posters on this forum were trying to pin it on a Thai just because they were Thai. There was certainly some evidence that hinted that specific people may have been involved who were Thai and yes, we hounded for clarity. There were just as many posters who believed the Scotsman, Sean McAnna was one of the culprits and the police were also very quick to detain David's British friend who was labelled as a jealous homosexual.

Having been involved in virtually every thread since the beginning of this investigation, I take exception that you just appear here today and start pointing the finger at us. May I suggest you go to 'CSI LA' on Facebook where you will find that hundreds of Thai's have been supporting the theories that maybe a Thai family was involved as well.

Time to lose that chip on your shoulder.

Edited by Tazwa

This latest farang assault, rape, and murder needs a university study. What is it the draws Kampuchean and Burmese illegals to Siam in search of western prey? In almost every case of violence against western tourists, it's always the Burmese or Cambodians behind it. Golly, since the Thais are obviously pure as the driven snow, why not close the borders with Myanmar and Kampucha right now. Problem solved.

and another study needs to be conducted, "Why Tourist go to Thailand and commit Suicide"

Thailand is the only country in SE Asia never to be colonised by Europeans.

Do you really think the Thai authorities care what the hell we think of their judgement? Thais love Thais.

The French annexed large amounts of land along the Mekong and the British colonised the south of Thailand with Malay.

It was colonised by the Japanese, the Chinese/Thais effectively run the place now.

But yes like you say no one could come in and tell the Thais what to do.

Going off topic - but when exactly was Thailand colonized by Japan?

Psst. If you are thinking of saying WW11 - do some research and think again.

A guy named 'Win' can't be such a loser!? tongue.png

well I think his family back home just wont the lottery... so they will be well provided for smile.png

Win means nothing on its own, as Burmese don't have fore and surnames in the western sense.

Burmese are always referred to by their full name i.e Daw Aung San Su Kyi, you would never call her Daw Aung (Mrs Aung). Therefore this guy has a full name which either the police won't release or don't know.

Win is a native Burmese word, so his name could be something like Saw Win Htoo Lay not just Mr Win, so I doubt too many know of his arrest yet.

I have my doubts....these guys obviously had remained on the island all this time, but their DNA has not been tested until now? These guitar playing guys were mentioned at the start of the investigation, and one works in a bar there. I would have thought they would have been tested long ago. Anyone with any sense would have escaped the island immediately. I hope the DNA is sent to Singapore for a proper comparison with the original sample from the victim.

Were these guys on the island at the time of the murder?

Another topic I know but will anyone consider boycotting Thailand and visiting another country, yes I know it's all same same but different, would we be cutting our noses off to spite our faces?

Or do we just carry on playing the game?

I have my doubts....these guys obviously had remained on the island all this time, but their DNA has not been tested until now? These guitar playing guys were mentioned at the start of the investigation, and one works in a bar there. I would have thought they would have been tested long ago. Anyone with any sense would have escaped the island immediately. I hope the DNA is sent to Singapore for a proper comparison with the original sample from the victim.

Oh you mean like the way the members of the influential family did ? Like that ?

UK, YOU...........DNA the guy.............Please..........thumbsup.gif

The good news is Singapore forensics HAS the actual suspects DNA found on Hannah . I don't think the police could have planned that far ahead to plant false evidence. If there is any doubt, a third party can independently go get a swab from these Burmese suspects and squash any doubts!

Strange that they didn't wait to confirm the DNA matches before all this fanfare.

I thought they had already checked the DNA of all 600 foreign illegals working on the island with police connivance. Surprising they missed these three.

Just looked on facebook CSI LA they mentioned Sean must had something to do with it

Most of us believe this I think. It's to what extent that we differ.

His silence speaks volumes to me and if that were my mate I called brother, I actually would not have left Bangkok ensuring I was here for as much as the investigative process as possible. Just me!

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

"...where the natives are known to have a low IQ." Jesus, could you people stop saying this kind of rubbish? Factually unverified and blatantly racist. Why? Why even give an opinion if you have nothing to offer the conversation?

actually the Thais say it themselves, tests done in primary schools throughout Thailand have shown Thai pupils have a lower than average iQ. I read this some time ago in the BP, i was put down to poor nutrition.

Thai children's average intelligence quotient (IQ) is just 98.59, a little lower than the world's median of 100, according to new research ... By region, students in the Northeast had the lowest average scores, with 95.99. In the South, students did a bit better, scoring 96.85. On average, Northern students' scores were 100.11 while students in the Central region achieved 101.29. Students in Bangkok had average scores of 104.5. See: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07/08/national/Thai-students-found-below-global-average-30159779.html

Interesting, according to this rangking, Asian countries make up the top 5 for highest IQ ... http://www.statisticbrain.com/countries-with-the-highest-lowest-average-iq/