Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

Lite Beer

A post using all bold large and different colored font has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Understood. Those are the rules. Please can I ask that you edit the first post that shares the link to have

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?lang=en-GB

to avoid hundreds of posts describing how to change it to English.

I signed it days ago, but I actually consider it strange that they always change their "needed" target.

When I signed it was 10.000 signatures needed, then it went to 20.000 and now it's 25.000 needed.

Any explanation for that ?

A post using all bold large and different colored font has been removed:

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Understood. Those are the rules. Please can I ask that you edit the first post that shares the link to have

http://www.change.org/p/the-government-of-the-united-kingdom-independently-investigate-the-horrific-murders-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller?lang=en-GB

to avoid hundreds of posts describing how to change it to English.

I signed it days ago, but I actually consider it strange that they always change their "needed" target.

When I signed it was 10.000 signatures needed, then it went to 20.000 and now it's 25.000 needed.

Any explanation for that ?

Automatic scaling by change.org

• Like 1

Meanwhile, local officials in Surat Thani said yesterday that tourists were returning to Koh Tao resort island in droves after the alleged culprits in the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were arrested.

Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.

"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said.

Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatrapoot said the arrest of the suspects had helped restore confidence among prospective tourists to Koh Tao.

Not one bit of regret offered to the families of the victims, but hey the tourists are coming back so all is good in la la land so lets get back to scamming...thumbsup.gif

Well it's their fault for partying and staying out too late.... :| The solution, cattle brand all foreigners coming into the country see we can be identified and returned to our proper kennels when lost.

Thailand. There's no place like it.

Welcome to koh tao

post-184082-14125776199859_thumb.jpg

So Hannahs phone was given back to her relatives on September 18. Another blow for CSI LA and other conspiracy theorists.

Maybe its time to believe in some of the facts provided by the real investigators ?

John, you make me feel physically sick.

One of the most important aspects of a murder is MOTIVE. Do you understand??? Is it difficult for you to comprehend???

Please explain to me the motive?? I really want to hear you views on this as the rest of what you say is absolute horse shit!

How about just simply being crazed out their minds on drugs and alcohol? Do you not consider that as being a possibility?

How many crimes around the world are actually fuelled by drugs and alcohol, or just opportunist crimes where there is no apparent motives?

What about the families of the victims? Have any of them made up to date statements since the arrests? As they should have more knowledge than we do regarding the situation so far, rather than speculators playing guessing and who done it games.

Come now beetlejuice, surely the honest and hardworking police would not take their own products?

Motive Bruce? The police stated in the first days that the motive was rape as nothing had been stolen!

Not even a phone. They should know and if it`s good enough for the good generals it should be good enough for us. w00t.gif

Meanwhile, local officials in Surat Thani said yesterday that tourists were returning to Koh Tao resort island in droves after the alleged culprits in the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were arrested.

Thawisak Inphrom, the chief of Koh Pha-ngan district, of which Koh Tao is part, said that tourism on Koh Tao has become "busy again" following the arrests.

"Tourists now have become more confident about safety on the island, and they are confident the authorities can provide safety for them," he said.

Surat Thani Governor Chatpong Chatrapoot said the arrest of the suspects had helped restore confidence among prospective tourists to Koh Tao.

Not one bit of regret offered to the families of the victims, but hey the tourists are coming back so all is good in la la land so lets get back to scamming...thumbsup.gif

Well it's their fault for partying and staying out too late.... :| The solution, cattle brand all foreigners coming into the country see we can be identified and returned to our proper kennels when lost.

Thailand. There's no place like it.

Welcome to koh tao

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1412577618.597441.jpg

This is sick and anyone who pushes this sort of stuff around the media is also sick in the head.

I hate to think what other types of sick, twisted banter referring to this case will be showing up on Internet and one good reason why I would give much more credibility to the official reports than go along with the crack pot theories of those who would create such warped images in order to get their points across.

It is those like you who are turning this investigation into a sham and are of no benefits to the memories of the tragic victims, their families and those who are trying to represent the accused, whatsoever.

So Hannahs phone was given back to her relatives on September 18. Another blow for CSI LA and other conspiracy theorists.

Maybe its time to believe in some of the facts provided by the real investigators ?

Balo do you actually live in Thailand?

Balo do you actually live in Thailand?

I moved here in 2010 so lived in Thailand for 4 years .

Corruptiion is a part of daily life in Thailand. But it doesnt mean that the investigators working for RTP in Bangkok and sent to the island are protecting a powerful family there because he paid himself out .

I believe in justice but hate to see rumors and speculations that leads to nowhere.

I FOR ONE AGREE WITH YOU 100%. THEY ARE GUILTY

Good news, everyone should have legal counsel when jailed guilty or not. However, this will not help those who cannot accept the overwhelming evidence against these two or those who want to believe it was the rich Thai kid (for no other reason than he is rich and Thai) that did it who was taking an exam at school in Bangkok and appeared on security cameras that day in Bangkok.

No doubt the lawyers will be able to collect new DNA samples from their clients and have it compared against the DNA results from the semen taken from the scene originally and sent to both Thai and Singapore labs. But again, doubt this will convince some of admitting their original suspicions were wrong.

While police may have done things wrong, there is no plausible way they could fake the DNA and expect to get away with it unless these two accused disappear from the planet and nobody can ever check their or their family's DNA ever again.

What exactly is the "overwhelming evidence" you keep referring to? I think most people have very little faith in anything the BIB say especially after their lamentable performance in this case and we only know what they say about the DNA.They seem to be mostly relying on the "confessions" which are not evidence.

Again based on what is being reported ...

There friend who was with them right up until the crime will be a witness against them.

Witnesses have put them around the scene at the time of the incident as well as video.

They didn't come forward despite weeks of the publicly stating they were looking for those singing/playing guitar and in at least one of the videos.

A phone of one of the victims was found at their place. (not the phone Facebook forensics keep showing that was collected and displayed by police in the first days of the investigation)

They confessed

They reenacted in front of hundreds of people.

And the big kicker -- their DNA matches the semen on the victim.

And to add ...

The Semen DNA collected well before these two identities were known was also sent to Singapore. So, at least two labs have typed the DNA. Now we have two suspects who match that DNA. Two suspects unless who disappear from the face of the earth (along with their family) will be able to be checked again by their lawyers, NGO and others who want to prove their innocence down the road. (something the police know)

Ok, that's fine your opinion. This will all change when Sean Mcanna sings and sing he will. Just a few quick questions.

Why was the Patriarch and his Brother Mon filmed on the beach at dawn with a blue glove sifting through things before Police arrived. Mon then puts himself smack bang into the middle of the crime scene metres from the bodies.

Why was Mon included in the re-enactment next to one of the boys? he was also observed things from behind a tree..

Sean McAnna was there have you seen his injuries from that night? his arm and calf had identical cuts to Davids. The wounds were a message.

Had it been the Burmese boys why would Sean be running around paranoid trying to get off the Island he was very happy there. I can assure you there was one reason he had to leave and it wasn't for Asian killers on the lose.

Why did Mon and the undercover policeman give Sean a courtesy call in a supermarket of all places.

Why didn't the Patriarch offer a 1 million baht reward for the arrest of these killers on the loose messing up the tourist season.

Do the Thai police allow an original suspect to join in an investigation. Even if he wasn't a suspect truly bizarre.

At the end of the day these poor souls are looking at death. If they happen to not make it to trial for any reason, remember Sean is still out there and that must be a big worry for some.

He told the truth from the get go.

I, for one, endorse that the majority of police workers were trying to do a good job even if their aptitude to carry out this high-profile investigation was found wanting. And whatever the man at the top says, no-one will contradict him - that's normal. I am also sure that they have arrested the wrong men - for political reasons - and if the top guy says DNA matches, they're guilty, that's it. (I would have preferred him to say the migrants DNA matched the semen DNA, but he was not that specific, so matched with what? A cigarette butt?)

My belief that they have arrested the wrong men is in the questions above that I have taken the liberty to highlight. Both statements are factual (Sean leaving the island in double-quick time after the courtesy call), and have been acknowledged and witnessed. This occurred many days before the arrests were made, to put it in perspective. One could draw the conclusion that Sean received a significant threat to his well-being from a couple of (influential) Thais, and certainly not the Burmese migrants.

That is factual.

If the Thais motive had merely been to indict Sean, why didn't they grass him to the police? And why did the police release him after questionning? One could draw the conclusion that Sean suspected the real killers, would name them to the BKK team - so he was warned off the island. That conclusion is conjecture, and I accept that.

I would like to think any reasonable person would accept that there is a huge doubt regarding the arrests and charges made of the B2 - the above being only one piece of a questionable jigsaw.

I have read every post in every thread Re this topic but haven't posted as I have had nothing concrete to contribute.

However my wife (Thai) has just now read on social media, in Thai script, that an employee of the Samuii airport has found a record of the village headman (pooyai baan) catching a plane on the morning of the murder, but as we know he was always on the island. They believe that it was the son, Worat, the psycopathic murderous rapist and that the police actually advised him to do this (and not too clever an idea, as usual). It is posted on CSI LA, facebook.

If this is the case then someone should be able to get hold of cctv footage from that airport, the airport of arrival, Donsak pier or any other point on Samuii. And his phone records would also show his location; can phone records be accessed by subpeona? I do know PI's in Thailand can and do bribe phone company employees regularly to obtain phone records so hopeful that defense lawyers of the accused will get them one way or another.

The outrage amongst normal, honest and law-abiding Thais is palpable and I am hopeful some in the know will put aside their fear of gangsters and put evidence out there.

When the truth is known I do hope RTP (and all things Thai) apologists such as beetlejuice will take off their rose tinted specs and see past their family member's police connections and see how rotten the Thai system is.

Cheers.

If true, others will have already got to any CCTV footage I expect.

But wasn't David's phone found at the scene of the crime originally?

There is something that could be a phone in one of the photos but the resolution is too low to blow it enough to see exactly what it is.

a phone was found early in the investigation...no clue who it belongs to

This phone is identical to the phone in the news coverage of them recovering the phone from the bushes. A black smart phone with a grey metallic edge. I wish I had the link now it is burried back in the threads. I think it was a channel 7 clip it was all in Thai.

In HD Quality

• Like 1

SINGAPORE DNA TESTING A MYTH?

Apart from contradictory police reports (which were more will be, are being than have been), I can`t fin anything to support that original genetic material, from the poor victims, was sent to Singapore. You`d think the Strait Times or similar would cover a Singapore Lab`s involvement.

What is the NAME of the Lab? Is it a commercial lab? If so, why would RTP prefer it to help offered by FBI?

There are no reports at all that any cross-matching of suspects DNA to material on the victims (RIP) was done in Singapore!

Not even from the police.

The DNA from 3 Burmese was crossed matched in impossibly record time by RTP Forensic Lab in BKK.

Some posters are even suggesting that it only matched the cig, not the semen?

Either way, please someone give me the name of the Singapore Laboratory.

This phone is identical to the phone in the news coverage of them recovering the phone from the bushes. A black smart phone with a grey metallic edge. I wish I had the link now it is burried back in the threads. I think it was a channel 7 clip it was all in Thai.

a phone was found early in the investigation...no clue who it belongs to

But wasn't David's phone found at the scene of the crime originally?

There is something that could be a phone in one of the photos but the resolution is too low to blow it enough to see exactly what it is.

In HD Quality

I'm a bit confused here. Are you saying the phone found originally, and identified as David's in this video clip, found its way to the bushes by the migrant's lodgings - confirmed by the RTP as being David's phone, today, in the Nation report?

I have read every post in every thread Re this topic but haven't posted as I have had nothing concrete to contribute.

However my wife (Thai) has just now read on social media, in Thai script, that an employee of the Samuii airport has found a record of the village headman (pooyai baan) catching a plane on the morning of the murder, but as we know he was always on the island. They believe that it was the son, Worat, the psycopathic murderous rapist and that the police actually advised him to do this (and not too clever an idea, as usual). It is posted on CSI LA, facebook.

If this is the case then someone should be able to get hold of cctv footage from that airport, the airport of arrival, Donsak pier or any other point on Samuii. And his phone records would also show his location; can phone records be accessed by subpeona? I do know PI's in Thailand can and do bribe phone company employees regularly to obtain phone records so hopeful that defense lawyers of the accused will get them one way or another.

The outrage amongst normal, honest and law-abiding Thais is palpable and I am hopeful some in the know will put aside their fear of gangsters and put evidence out there.

When the truth is known I do hope RTP (and all things Thai) apologists such as beetlejuice will take off their rose tinted specs and see past their family member's police connections and see how rotten the Thai system is.

Cheers.

It is posted on csi LA, so therefore this must be true, similar to the elusive Abigail who is claimed to have turned over the victim`s phone into the police. Who is this elusive employee of Samuli airport? Will this person be willing to send a certified copy of the apparent records to the authorities and the news agencies? Of course not.

To be honest the threads and posts regarding this case has been done to death and the more this continues on the more ludicrous these unofficial reports are becoming. No one is going to take them serious, just a load of trouble makers, try their luck as being detectives simpletons and extremists who for some reasons are determined to discredit Thailand using the tragic victims as a front.

The good news is for the likes of you that I don`t believe it is even worth the time and effort to continue reading these posts, just a total waste of Internet space inhabited by fools that are an affront to the integrity of anyone with intelligence.

• Like 1

Cheers.

It is posted on csi LA, so therefore this must be true, similar to the elusive Abigail who is claimed to have turned over the victim`s phone into the police. Who is this elusive employee of Samuli airport? Will this person be willing to send a certified copy of the apparent records to the authorities and the news agencies? Of course not.

To be honest the threads and posts regarding this case has been done to death and the more this continues on the more ludicrous these unofficial reports are becoming. No one is going to take them serious, just a load of trouble makers, try their luck as being detectives simpletons and extremists who for some reasons are determined to discredit Thailand using the tragic victims as a front.

The good news is for the likes of you that I don`t believe it is even worth the time and effort to continue reading these posts, just a total waste of Internet space inhabited by fools that are an affront to the integrity of anyone with intelligence.

Excellent, so no morec posts from Constable BJ of The RTP ☺

• Like 1

Cheers.

Excellent, so no morec posts from Constable BJ of The RTP ☺

I do have some sympathy for BJ's position, he's 6th century BC thinking. The Greeks believed the world was flat until some philosopher fool called Pythagoras pointed out it wasn't. And Thailand is quite capable of discrediting itself, without any outside influence. In case he hasn't realised it, justice for the victims is the sole motivation for the numerous posts on here and elsewhere, plus the 25k petition signatures calling for an independent review, including David's G/F and his friends.

So he can take his so-called integrity and so called intelligence and retire to his bolt-hole. Thank god.

Apart from contradictory police reports (which were more will be, are being than have been), I can`t fin anything to support that original genetic material, from the poor victims, was sent to Singapore. You`d think the Strait Times or similar would cover a Singapore Lab`s involvement.

What is the NAME of the Lab? Is it a commercial lab? If so, why would RTP prefer it to help offered by FBI?

There are no reports at all that any cross-matching of suspects DNA to material on the victims (RIP) was done in Singapore!

The DNA from 3 Burmese was crossed matched in impossibly record time by RTP Forensic Lab in BKK.

I seem to remember the narrative was that Thai police had turned down the FBI's offer to help with DNA testing, saying they would send the samples to Singapore instead. Since then there was no further comment from the police about testing in Singapore. It seems likely that was said to fob off the Americans but there was never any intention to send anything abroad. It was originally suggested in the media that DNA testing would take some time in Thailand but miraculously they now seem able to get results in lightening speed and can even predict the results beforehand.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

Cheers.

What the post in CSI LA says is a friend told him the police put out a request asking if some one was on an airline passenger list to Bkk that morning but by the name of the village headman, not his son. Naturally the results were negative. CSI LA appeals for people working at the airline to give him information about passenger lists. However, if his theory is correct, the passenger list would have been doctored by now. I saw something that said the village headman had originally said his son left Koh Tao in the morning of the murders but later said he had left earlier. In that case he probably should be on an earlier passenger list. I doubt that family takes the magic bus to Bkk.

There is also a post of a photograph of the village headman's son with longish hair quite similar to one of the Burmese who was matched up in the CCTV footage. They claim he has been to be barber since then.

I seem to remember the narrative was that Thai police had turned down the FBI's offer to help with DNA testing, saying they would send the samples to Singapore instead. Since then there was no further comment from the police about testing in Singapore. It seems likely that was said to fob off the Americans but there was never any intention to send anything abroad. It was originally suggested in the media that DNA testing would take some time in Thailand but miraculously they now seem able to get results in lightening speed and can even predict the results beforehand.

Yes, well put. They seem to have fobbed off many of our posters who pin their hopes on SINGAPORE.

What with secret pyramid societies communicating with aliens, talking rings, ghosts etc, not surprising they can predict results.

BTW AndyHall says mission not able to see accused migrants today as Samui Prison visit time ends 3.30pm. They will try again 2mrw am.

Yes, well put. They seem to have fobbed off many of our posters who pin their hopes on SINGAPORE.

What with secret pyramid societies communicating with aliens, talking rings, ghosts etc, not surprising they can predict results.

BTW AndyHall says mission not able to see accused migrants today as Samui Prison visit time ends 3.30pm. They will try again 2mrw am.

Good grief. Not Samui prison. The British consular based on the island is/was? Dave Covey. Andy needs to contact him. I pray for these guys safety tonight.

I was somewhat sure they had used Singapore because they came back with the declaration that the Semen was Asian. which indicates a high tech lab was involved, also the results were not instant like the other results later on.

It really seems to me that they started out with a genuine investigation but when the headman's family became implicated. Things changed around pretty fast.

Cheers.

That could add credence to the speedboat theory?

jb1

I was somewhat sure they had used Singapore because they came back with the declaration that the Semen was Asian. which indicates a high tech lab was involved, also the results were not instant like the other results later on.

It really seems to me that they started out with a genuine investigation but when the headman's family became implicated. Things changed around pretty fast.

Not so. RTP Forensics Lab came up with Asians (2). Police, declining FBI help, then said samples would be sent to Singapore for further testing to determine skin,hair, eye colour and height

Did they ever send them? Possibly not. What is the name of the Singapore Lab??