What weapons can I carry

ukrules

OP mob attacks happen all the time be careful. I was just at KFC and I saw one then again at Tesco waiting inline mob attack from no where.

To protect yourself get a Uzi for your lady friend and maybe an m16 for yourself. Be safe.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for that answer UKrules

100 baht fine and confiscation does not sound like much of a punishment,

Does that induces a fire arm ? If I wanted to illegally carry a weapon , I don't think $3 fine and the possibility that I might loose it to confiscation would deter me.

PS: could you please point me to that link?

A legal full carry permit in Thailand costs between 2-3M Baht. If you can get one.

UKR - you've read the links so now know the legal side.

You could learn self defense, martial arts if you are really worried.

As always in Thailand, money speaks. One very wealthy Thai I know told me he put a pepper spray in all of the family vehicles. He's worried his sisters will get attacked in a road rage incident. One sister was returning home late one night when some pissed up prat nearly drove into her. He reacted to her use of the horn and light flashing by waving a gun out the window at her. Moral - rich Thais can and do carry weapons as they know they can get away with just about anything. Foreigners - going to cost you a lot more and depends how connected the Thai you piss of is.

Good advice on earlier posts though - just buying a taser, knife, baton, kubaton, spray or whatever doesn't mean you automatically know how to use it. Many people who carried knives have had them used on themselves.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where do you see these people with armed body guards? In Bangkok? At nightspots, in banks, in the park? I've never seen that. Pray tell.

It's been pointed out to me once in Bangkok and once in Hua Hin.

If it wasn't pointed out to me then I wouldn't have noticed them myself. On both occasions it was during a night out in different bars which passed without any major incident.

One of the bodyguards was chatting with someone and he got his gun out to show someone who was curious. I don't remember what kind of weapon it was as I don't know anything about guns (they're banned where I come from) but according to an American who knows his weapons it was a good model.

Sounds like a very professional bodyguard if he is showing his hardware around...............................coffee1.gif

That would be one of the 'just for show' ones.........................wink.png

I've only seen a bodyguard in Thailand once. That was in the lounge at Don Meuang 20 years ago. Elderly, rather drunk American guy, young Thai wife. He had a police office, in uniform standing next to his seat. The officer nipped off at some point and the guy nearly freaked out when he noticed.

In the Philippines a lot of police moonlight as bodyguards, security etc, Guess the BiB do the same,

Hi. Do you feel a particular need to protect yourself? Has something happened to make you feel you need to carry a weapon?

Catching rabies or being attacked from street dogs is why I feel I need to protect myself and my young children by carrying weapons.

Carrying a weapon is a personal decision and does not concern anyone else.

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

If I genuinely thought Thailand was dangerous enough that carrying a weapon was necessary, I'd leave the country.

Thankfully, I'm nowhere near that paranoid.

I don't think Thailand is that dangerous, in fact it's quite peaceful where I live. However you occasionally come across dangerous people.

In 'merica it's the nutters carrying guns, legally, who are dangerous. Good reason to keep away from there!

If I genuinely thought Thailand was dangerous enough that carrying a weapon was necessary, I'd leave the country.

I don't think Thailand is that dangerous, in fact it's quite peaceful where I live. However you occasionally come across dangerous people.

In 'merica it's the nutters carrying guns, legally, who are dangerous. Good reason to keep away from there!

Almost 12,000 patients are dying needlessly in NHS hospitals every year because of basic errors by medical staff, according to the largest and most detailed study into hospital deaths ever performed in the UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/doctors-basic-errors-are-killing-1000-patients-a-month-7939674.html

Firearm homicides (USA). Number of deaths: 11,068

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm

So which is safer USA streets or British hospitals?

Well it's true that the Police are very dangerous and kill many innocent people in America. But the truth is legally carrying a gun is not dangerous. It's those that don't have the legal right that commit virtually all the gun crime.

In fact, if someone is legally carrying a gun, how is that a threat to you unless you are intending to harm that person?

Well it's true that the Police are very dangerous and kill many innocent people in America. But the truth is legally carrying a gun is not dangerous. It's those that don't have the legal right that commit virtually all the gun crime.

In fact, if someone is legally carrying a gun, how is that a threat to you unless you are intending to harm that person?

If there's a gun in the room, my chances of getting shot increase. I don't give a toss who's carrying it - I'd rather it wasn't there.

• Like 1

Do American policemen mind being called, "nutters?"

Most commonly called "donut munchers". They're bad enough but it is the nuts wandering around with their penis extenders either concealed or openly carried that worry me the most. I have been threatened, without provocation, by some of these and it's not fun being around their ilk.

No, I will not carry as I have done nothing wrong and have no intentions of doing wrong.

Most commonly called "donut munchers". They're bad enough but it is the nuts wandering around with their penis extenders either concealed or openly carried that worry me the most. I have been threatened, without provocation, by some of these and it's not fun being around their ilk.

No, I will not carry as I have done nothing wrong and have no intentions of doing wrong.

Many people have businesses that make cash transactions in a bank. They have to get from their place of business to the bank. There are places in America like Detroit or Miami or many other places where police don't come when called. America is a big country and many people live in homes where it would take police an hour to drive there even if they wanted to come. There are armed gangs roaming the streets of many towns in America who break into people's homes and rape and kill the inhabitants. Charles Manson was the most famous.

I certainly respect your decision not to carry a weapon. I wouldn't call you a nutter. I would not mock your sexuality or cast any other aspersions like kindergarten children. I carried weapons in both Thailand and the USA when I was in the Army.

Why do you feel it is necessary to insult me? Calling me a nutter and penis extender, is an insult.

Many people have businesses that make cash transactions in a bank. They have to get from their place of business to the bank. There are places in America like Detroit or Miami or many other places where police don't come when called. America is a big country and many people live in homes where it would take police an hour to drive there even if they wanted to come. There are armed gangs roaming the streets of many towns in America who break into people's homes and rape and kill the inhabitants. Charles Manson was the most famous.

I certainly respect your decision not to carry a weapon. I wouldn't call you a nutter. I would not mock your sexuality or cast any other aspersions like kindergarten children. I carried weapons in both Thailand and the USA when I was in the Army.

Why do you feel it is necessary to insult me? Calling me a nutter and penis extender, is an insult.

"There are armed gangs roaming the streets of many towns in America who break into people's homes and rape and kill the inhabitants." hilarious!!!

The gun is commonly referred to as a "penis extender"... not the person. Charles Manson did his nastiness way back in 1969 so he really is not relevent to this current gun craze in 'merica. Perhaps the name Darren Wilson would fit for the present mess 'merica finds itself dealing with.

I too carried weapons at one time while in Vietnam with the 'merican military... but, as a medic, I was to use them primarily to protect patients, not in an offensive manner. My experiences convinced me that no good for anyone comes from using guns of any type.

"There are armed gangs roaming the streets of many towns in America who break into people's homes and rape and kill the inhabitants." hilarious!!!

I doubt Sharon Tate thought it was hilarious.

The gun is commonly referred to as a "penis extender"... not the person. Charles Manson did his nastiness way back in 1969 so he really is not relevent to this current gun craze in 'merica. Perhaps the name Darren Wilson would fit for the present mess 'merica finds itself dealing with.

I too carried weapons at one time while in Vietnam with the 'merican military... but, as a medic, I was to use them primarily to protect patients, not in an offensive manner. My experiences convinced me that no good for anyone comes from using guns of any type.

What nutty society do you come from where a gun is referred to as a Penis Extender. It is an insult plain and simple, the same as Merican or Septic tank. Now ISIS is cutting the heads off people on UTUBE and American men, British men and Australian men are put in harms way again with guns killing the murderers who have done these atrocities. Your experience is quite limited it you think ISIS will go away with a kind word.

What nutty society do you come from where a gun is referred to as a Penis Extender. It is an insult plain and simple, the same as Merican or Septic tank. Now ISIS is cutting the heads off people on UTUBE and American men, British men and Australian men are put in harms way again with guns killing the murderers who have done these atrocities. Your experience is quite limited it you think ISIS will go away with a kind word.

Lol! the loonies have been cutting heads and arms and legs off people in the congo and many other african countries for decades and no one gave a sh-t. now all of a sudden the big brave americans and their lackeys have decided to ride to the rescue against a group they armed in the first place! lol. what a comedy!!

Lol! the loonies have been cutting heads and arms and legs off people in the congo and many other african countries for decades and no one gave a sh-t. now all of a sudden the big brave americans and their lackeys have decided to ride to the rescue against a group they armed in the first place! lol. what a comedy!!

The Americans are also going to Africa to fight Ebola too. You think cutting heads off of journalists and aid volunteers is a comedy? You think Australia and the UK are lackeys of America? Boy you don't read much Thai Visa do you. The Australians and Brits dislike America if this forum is any indication.

See, but you are not being fair. You are attacking my country but not mentioning yours. Is it a cowardly nation? Get off my case and I'll get off yours. If you attack my country you should at least be man enough to post your own as a example of all that is good and just in the world.