When it becomes Personal - Posting

David48

Now I am really confused ... are you playing the Man or the Ball?

BTW ... for those interested ... the Sun has finally broken though in Samut Prakan ... thumbsup.gif

I always played the ball but it's irrelevant in this case since it seems the man isn't around any more

Sadly, I am none the wiser.

When you say 'it seems the man isn't around any more' ... which man?

Has he passed?* Been banned? Referring to some the previous posts removed on this thread?

* RIP if this is the case ... I didn't know.

• Like 1

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't quote again, it's tedious but THAKYOU CH, I feel confused a bit, obviously there's no link, maybe the thread was closed.

Anyway, often I'm accused of being in a clique, but the reality is I have many followers that love and follow me around the place, I understand why they are attracted to me, I'm <deleted> sexy mutha.

Anyway, most people here aren't appropriately certified to run with me. Sometimes people bark at me (CM) but I've never eaten doggie, I'm prefer pussy, I mean of the two domestic meats.

Anyway, sometimes I enjoy a laugh and don't mind playing the douchebag, I mean man, from time to time.

I can't saying feel any anger towards anyone on the internet, it's only for laughs, the serious world is outside the front door ;)

There are several posters though who think it's okay to post personal details of a poster, threaten to report them to immigration, spoof an IP address and set up an account in the name of the person, that to me is taking it way too far, it's only a bloody web forum.

What have I missed during my absents from TVF? Are you able to provide me a link to a thread or news article or something? The good things always seem to happen when I'm in Jordan.

Is this another Keith Summers moment?

Secondly, I agree with ur other point too, everyone hates a bully. I've awarded you two 'likes' this week, what's happened? Did you change your colone?

This concerns a particularly offensive and nasty member of a forum clique "run" by some very prolific posters including "the frog guy" - they know who they are.

During an exchange of posts with this member, I DID post vague details of the location and the industry of this member's employer but no names, addresses or contact details.

I DID put the wind up him a little by promising to send some BiB contacts to lay siege to his employer but I didn't intend to deliver on that "promise".

The next day - ALLEGEDLY - the immigration department paid his employer a visit asking to see "Alien's registration/documentation".

The understandably shaken member concerned then accused me of sending immigration around in a bid to have him arrested and deported.

I am then supposed to have faked an IP address and set up a TVF account using the guy's real name which, incidentally, is connected to his TVF username ALL OVER THE INTERNET.

I maintain that I did NOT send my contacts around to his employer but unfortunately, this member had insulted half the bloody forum with his bilious posts so any of them, having seen the info I provided, would have found it simple to figure out the name of the employer and tip off immigration. He obviously insulted the wrong person and one of them decided to piss on his cornflakes.

No idea where he is; he may very well have been bounced out of the country

BTW ... for those interested ... the Sun has finally broken though in Samut Prakan ... thumbsup.gif

Would I be playin the man if I said David, I'm not sure which place is the bigger shitthole Samut Prakan or the GC. What's the attraction to such places ? :)

Edited by neverdie

Would I be playin the man if I said David, I'm not sure which place is the bigger shitthole Samut Prakan or the GC. What's the attraction to such places ? smile.png

As for Samut Prakan ... without going too far off topic.

A certain Farm Girl and ... the Sunrises/Sunsets (only in Winter mainly though).

We Farmers are early rises.

I always played the ball but it's irrelevant in this case since it seems the man isn't around any more

Has he passed?* Been banned? Referring to some the previous posts removed on this thread?

How weird. I thought you knew who he was because you mentioned Samut Prakarn. That's where he lives.

• Like 1

There are posters who make comments and those who comment on the comments.

Saying that half of my post is adhominem and for that I apologize.

Although it does show that I can make both kinds of posts and that in itself is probably an accomplishment in that at least I know the difference. .

Welcome back thailiketoo ... now, lets go chase that ball around.

Let's stick him with a shoulder charge and hope the referee doesn't notice

Youse'll all be glad the Grand Final will be on soon, and I'll be off back to the cave to watch it....

Anyway, would anyone else be in favour of a separate thread for ad hominem attacks and personal abuse, since this thread (and many others) have shown how they detract from constructive discussion

SC

getting personal is what a forum is all about - otherwise only mods could see usernames and who posted what ...

the key is to remain respectful of others' opinion.

biases develop over time as an early and quick recognition system of other users' biases...

Bias causes bias.

A small list of my own "user categories":

- attention whore

- red shirt fanboy

- yellowshirt fanboy

- libertarian

- US fanboy

- US basher

- Thai(land) basher

- self-righteous

- leftwinger

- gay rights activist

- feminist

- mysogynist

- conspiracy theorist

- underdog lover

- treehugger

- IT illiterate

- IT geek

- alternative/new age fan

etc.

I can immediately think of a dozen usernames and more that fit into one or more of the above categories.

That being said, I'm not someone who believes in categories... Everyone can have a good thought!

And then there is one special category of users:

the "intelligent poster with interesting standpoint".

We might not hold the same opinion, but they have a different, intelligent perspective on a topic, usually something my thoughts completely missed, and they are able to explain it, so I can integrate it into my own thoughts.

Yes, I will click on their topics and read their posts.

Well said sir.

I seem to fit into most of those categories, do I win something? :P

How weird. I thought you knew who he was because you mentioned Samut Prakarn. That's where he lives.

CH,

I was accused of running in a clique here but I don't run with people, nor do I think MrT does, he's a friend of mine and I make no secret of it, however I'm harsh on him and have gone after him numerous times, a clique member wouldn't do that. What you will find s that some people here agree with others strongly on issues and there's a group of people on the forum that like to laugh, silly or not. People like MrT, Harry, Costas and many others are what make the forum tick.

I've disagreed with u before but I've also agreed and clicked ur like thingy. I enjoy ur point of view some days and think ur a douche others. No big deal, life's like that. You are a strong character. I could crush u like a bug but would rather play with u. :)

There are real doucgebags on the forum I can't be bothered with, so I don't engage them, simples.

Anyway, I've missed a lot here obviously but I will work it out eventually, I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times.

You should relax a bit and stop imagining everyone is in a clique

There are posters who make comments and those who comment on the comments.

Saying that half of my post is adhominem and for that I apologize.

Although it does show that I can make both kinds of posts and that in itself is probably an accomplishment in that at least I know the difference. .

Nothing wrong with mixing it up, gentle ribbing.

I imagine you have lived an intense life. Were you a spring in a past life?

Yes, I know ur not the ball, but ur still fun to play with ;)

• Like 1

My bias is against posters who stalk.

I may have a difference of opinion with a poster on a topic and the next day give him "likes" because I agree with him.

On the opposite end are people with on-going feuds where they stalk a member or simply flame repeatedly.

Costas has some good posts.

To the OP, David, my bias is against posters who come up with this "if you don't like it go home", they seem to forget that the UK is far far worse than Thailand. (that's those who come from the UK) or refer to us as "guests in this country", We have to put up with the ridiculous 90 day reporting, and the hassle of getting a marriage extension, some way to treat a guest. I know I'm not the most popular poster, but it won't stop me from saying it as I see it. I will always respect another posters opinion, 99% of the time, even if I don't agree with it.

• Like 1

I may have a difference of opinion with a poster on a topic and the next day give him "likes" because I agree with him.

On the opposite end are people with on-going feuds where they stalk a member or simply flame repeatedly.

To the OP, David, my bias is against posters who come up with this "if you don't like it go home", they seem to forget that the UK is far far worse than Thailand. (that's those who come from the UK) or refer to us as "guests in this country", We have to put up with the ridiculous 90 day reporting, and the hassle of getting a marriage extension, some way to treat a guest. I know I'm not the most popular poster, but it won't stop me from saying it as I see it. I will always respect another posters opinion, 99% of the time, even if I don't agree with it.

Driving in LOS...you forgot to mention that.

Driving in LOS...you forgot to mention that.

Could you be more specific?

we're guests. get used to it

Reading properly what is written......this thread is a perfect example of that till now .....not...personal preferences........putting people down.......with silly oneliners......

The moment i have let go of posts effecting me was, when on a comment of mine, a familiar group of posters referred to me as the Rolf Harris guy.

But according to some.....those references are allowed......harmless fun ??

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-05-20-21-49-04-1.png

You don't have an extra leg do you?

Guests are invited.

Is there a word for someone who just turns up at your house, drinks all the booze and then sleeps with your sister?

If you want to start a flaming war with me it is not going to work, your ignored.

Guests are invited.

Is there a word for someone who just turns up at your house, drinks all the booze and then sleeps with your sister?

Fortunate?

• Like 1

Guests are invited.

the invite took place when you got your visa