• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Breaking news from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29604685

Thai diplomat summoned over murders

_51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66dd

Thai diplomat summoned by UK Foreign Office over inquiry into murder of tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Wow, David Cameron, we love you !!!!

Now, we have a case for a reinvestigation.

Didn't read the content of the story, sad.

I cannot believe your negativity, you are in need of ant-depressants. Cheer up it's Christmas soon.

• Like 2

Breaking news from the BBC:

Thai diplomat summoned over murders

_51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66dd

Thai diplomat summoned by UK Foreign Office over inquiry into murder of tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller

Wow, David Cameron, we love you !!!!

Now, we have a case for a reinvestigation.

Didn't read the content of the story, sad.
I cannot believe your negativity, you are in need of ant-depressants. Cheer up it's Christmas soon.

I meant you hadn't read it, and that was sad.

As for your medical advice...and your religion comments... LOL

That story re The Sanctuary of Truth is beyond belief. I am gob smacked. Of course he needs to come back and sue them or the dirty rotten police win again. The story needs to be spread far and wide so when he does come back its front page news around the world. Then we can c the Thai justice system put on trial. Everyone involved needs to do time like that poor chap did. Simply inhumane in this day and age.

I love to put those stories on my facebook side.

Thailand must face the truth,its a dangerous minefield for most people especially tourist first timer.

Most dangerous is the RTP because they have the power to destroy you

anywhere anytime

• Like 1

'Summon' is the operative word. The UK does not lightly 'summon' ambassadors.

This indicates extreme importance.

Indeed.

Youll notice they didnt state summoned Thai ambassador to the UK but rather charge d'affaires.

A chargé d'affaires represents his or her nation in the country they are accredited to, and enjoys the same privileges and immunities as a regular ambassador. However, chargés d'affaires are outranked by ambassadors and have lower precedence at formal diplomatic events. In most cases, a diplomat would only serve as a chargé d'affaires on a temporary basis in the absence of the ambassador.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charg%C3%A9_d'affaires.

Theres a difference whistling.gif

And its an official press release https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office

Edited by englishoak

Amid all the bad news this is the best that could happen: the eyes of the world are focused on Thailand, and they are giving LOS the stink eye.

I don't expect truth or justice. They could quite easily arrange for the DNA samples of the guys they're setting up to match the ones from the crime scene (doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure that one).

Worst that could happen is tourism is down this season. All will be forgotten a year from now.

Unless there is a similar incident.

But maybe none of this will deter the bp crowd because hey, it would be so uncool to miss the Full Moon party.

Post containing news report with no source & contravening fair use parameters & subsequent posts quoting it removed.

Also post removed for this Forum rule violation:

5) You will not use Thaivisa as a platform to gather support to effect changes on religious, political, or governmental issues.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you are British & you want more to be done here is the direct email address;

http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/mr-philip-hammond/105

I have personally thanked Mr. Hammond for his timely intervention in this case.

Welcome to England, the seat of human rights & its ambassador.

right now i wish to be british so i could help more

Done.

Amid all the bad news this is the best that could happen: the eyes of the world are focused on Thailand, and they are giving LOS the stink eye.

I don't expect truth or justice. They could quite easily arrange for the DNA samples of the guys they're setting up to match the ones from the crime scene (doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure that one).

Worst that could happen is tourism is down this season. All will be forgotten a year from now.

Unless there is a similar incident.

But maybe none of this will deter the bp crowd because hey, it would be so uncool to miss the Full Moon party.

The criminal experts on this type of crime - repeatedly say , its almost impossible for the killer to stop- and reoffending is only a ""matter of time"" .

They base it on knowns ""Rape and extreme violence in the subsequent killings , even penetration after death "

Most people agree the Burmese workers are not the culprits -

Another killing is therefore likely-

If anything a signal to westerners of entrenched hatreds-

As far as crimes go this one is Right up there with the worst.

Unfortunately , there are no Jodie Fosters and good detective work in "real life "" Thailand.

And yes unsolved murders of this nature are sometimes forgotten-

Until like in real life too-

They strike again.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's about time the British did something

Foreign Office calls in Thai diplomat over murder inquiry concerns

Summons follows allegations that two Burmese men were beaten by Thai police into confessing they killed British tourists

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/13/foreign-office-thai-diplomat-murder-investigation

Regarding theGuardian article linked above, it contains 17 paragraphs. The first 11 paragraphs relate to the UK government's concern over the Thai investigation. The next 6 paragraphs express the Royal Thai Police spokesperson's response.

The post with the link above only offers a summary of the first 11 paragraphs.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but it's about time the British did something

Foreign Office calls in Thai diplomat over murder inquiry concerns

Summons follows allegations that two Burmese men were beaten by Thai police into confessing they killed British tourists

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/13/foreign-office-thai-diplomat-murder-investigation

The wheels are starting to turn

Let's hope it's quick enough.

They forgot to mention that there is at least one highly suspect individual who refuses to give a DNA sample (for what reason other than being guilty?) and whom the Thai police continues to overlook

Not knowing Thai law I am at a loss to understand why the RTP have not compelled the "...highly suspect individual..." to give a DNA sample. One would think that he has no choice in the matter.

Because he has an alibi?

which is quite arguable

have just read in a well known paper that they have 3 YES 3 witnesses, christ where did they spring from ?? yep 3 big brown envelopes, what i cnanot understand is how the people in the bar at the time have not come forward, must have been some brits amongst them and are no longer on the island or even in Thailand (just a thought)

They forgot to mention that there is at least one highly suspect individual who refuses to give a DNA sample (for what reason other than being guilty?) and whom the Thai police continues to overlook

Not knowing Thai law I am at a loss to understand why the RTP have not compelled the "...highly suspect individual..." to give a DNA sample. One would think that he has no choice in the matter.

Because he has an alibi?

which is quite arguable

Arguing over "evidence" has got to be the dumbest approach to this topic.

The REAL issue is how the Thai authorities have handled the whole affair......just read the words of the UK FO couched in diplomatic terms and you'll get an idea of what is going on......bickering over alibis or whether the hoe was blue or green is nothing more than a furphy.

Because he has an alibi?

which is quite arguable

Arguing over "evidence" has got to be the dumbest approach to this topic.

The REAL issue is how the Thai authorities have handled the whole affair......just read the words of the UK FO couched in diplomatic terms and you'll get an idea of what is going on......bickering over alibis or whether the hoe was blue or green is nothing more than a furphy.

Actually an alibi is important. The sheer number of theories by the armchair detectives is nuts but then again so are the statements to the press from the police.

The police should not have commented on an ongoing investigation other than to ask people with information to come forward.

No matter what anyone says here all I have to say is that : Thai Police is CORUPT and I myself was a victim of one of their little game . It is all about how much you pay and what they can do for you. I was being charged and prosecuted for the Crime Thai Government Did ( Visa problem awhile ago ) and believe it or not almost everyone in charge of the case was and did ask for Bribe money and funny that I paid what they asked and yet I still went to jail for few weeks till bailed myself out.

There is no Rules or Law in this country , there wasn't and there won't be. Money talks and bullshit walks. It is all about money and case is closed. This goes to those poor Burmese in Kho Tao. Is this the first time the murder case is trying to be closed Silently in this country ? I have been here 15 years and I have seen buddies of mine that have been died for unknown reason and case was closed and reasons mostly was given as either he was drunk or overdose or broken hearted or an accident and that's it. Open up your eyes and see exactly where you are. This is Thailand and for money they Sell their Soul here ( not everyone though ).

My thought and condolences are with the family of the victims :

There is no accountability here. Absolutely none. Some independent investigators need to get in there. Hopefully one day international organizations will compel Thailand into this. More and more cases like this will lead organizations toward that direction I hope.

I am not so much for others telling a country how to do its business, but if you take tourist dollars then you should be held accountable to some extent.

• Like 1