GIVI Top Case

GaryB1263

I was thinking of a Top Case and mounting plate for my PCX 150. I think I will get the small top case.

Where are the shops in the Jomtien/Pattaya area that can do a reasonable job with installation and what can I expect the cost to be.

Thanks in Advance.

most of the larger Honda shops can do it; the main one on Pattaya Tai/3rd. Head down Tai and the shop opposite Duk Com has some.

Can'r remember if the larger one on Thepprasit Rd has them.

At a guess i would say around THB 3,000 for a rack and small case.

i have a Givi but don't like the locking mechanism (too fiddly), others prefer Shad.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753132-givi-or-shad-topbox/

Edited by taichiplanet

I would look at Shad. Are they more money? Are they in the same places?

I could never find what I wanted at the Thepprasit Rd Mityon Honda. She said they was a shop on Thepprasit Rd across from the night market. I drove up and down past both markets and I didn't see anything. I drove to the shop on Patts North and they didn't have them.

if you go to the main Mityon on the corner of South Pattaya Rd and 3rd Road (Thanon Chaloem Phrakiat) they will have some top boxes. a few years back i bought a rack and case and had it fitted at the one opposite DukCom further down on South Pattaya Rd.

There is also a shop that sell Chinese made ones, maybe they sell others. it is a helmet and motocy shop on the corner of South Pattaya and Ko Phai (opposite Pattaya Tai 16). If you go from the Mityon Shop on Pattaya Tai towards Sukhumvit, it is on the right hand side about 500 meters.

• Like 1

These people usually have a good selection. In Pattaya Tai also. I have a Give and a Shad case. I prefer the Shad for the same reason as taichiplanet, the locking mechanism is a bit more straightforward on the Shad.

https://th-th.facebook.com/GTRiderpty

Their fb shows the shop Thepprasit but as drift said it is on Pat Tai, on the corner of Soi 8. i might check them out as need a rack for my Yam SX and due for another 'Real' Helmet.

I have two Givi topboxes and never had a problem with the locking mechanism. What seems to be the problem that you guys have and how is it different with the Shads?

both Givis i have had, the lid has to be perfectly closed otherwise the catch locks into place on the outside (so the key can be turned) but does not actually lock onto the lid on the inside. It is locked but can still open the lid. Also happens if something in the way of the lid catch inside. The other thing i don't like is the hinge pins holding the lid can easily be removed so not very secure (probably same for most boxes).

Both were Malaysian made ones, so don't know if the Euro ones are different.

I went to the Mityon at Tai and 3rd road. They had them Wrong color.

Went to K-Speed. Nice shop! They have many accessories that come on a piece of card board etc. They had them but I was not confident that they knew how to mount it. So I left.

I will keep looking. It looks like I need to buy that bracket some people use.

I will get a few pictures and keep looking.

I have two Givi topboxes and never had a problem with the locking mechanism. What seems to be the problem that you guys have and how is it different with the Shads?

both Givis i have had, the lid has to be perfectly closed otherwise the catch locks into place on the outside (so the key can be turned) but does not actually lock onto the lid on the inside. It is locked but can still open the lid. Also happens if something in the way of the lid catch inside. The other thing i don't like is the hinge pins holding the lid can easily be removed so not very secure (probably same for most boxes).

Both were Malaysian made ones, so don't know if the Euro ones are different.

Yes, my main gripe is that if something inside catches the lid, then it becomes a bitch to open up the lid again. I never had trouble with your first point though, that about being able to close the lock but the lid still remaining unlocked.

There's an accessories shop on Thepprasit Rd opposite the Friday, Sat, sunday market. I haven't been in but they have loads of stuff when you look in the windows.

I have looked for this shop and I can't locate it. By Market you mean the old one? There is a relatively new market also.

There's an accessories shop on Thepprasit Rd opposite the Friday, Sat, sunday market. I haven't been in but they have loads of stuff when you look in the windows.

I have looked for this shop and I can't locate it. By Market you mean the old one? There is a relatively new market also.

Yes the old market.....but not the second hand market. If you travel East on Thepprasit Rd go past the 2 petrol stations on the left, then you will see 2 highrise condo buildings on your right, the site of the weekend market, at the end of the second one slow down and look left. It's a green building with big windows with shelves full of helmets.

• Like 1

Yes the old market.....but not the second hand market. If you travel East on Thepprasit Rd go past the 2 petrol stations on the left, then you will see 2 highrise condo buildings on your right, the site of the weekend market, at the end of the second one slow down and look left. It's a green building with big windows with shelves full of helmets.

I found it. Thanks. It is a very nice store.

I was looking for a topbox for my Keeway TXM200 and happened to see a Yamaha brochure that showed a topbox accessory for the Filano scooter. So I went to the shop that sells the Yamaha Filano and asked about the topbox. They had them in stock and they installed it for me. It bolted to the rack on the Keeway very nicely. It turned out to be a Shad topbox and it is very nice. I think it is 28 liters. I forget the price but I am very happy with it. If looking for a topbox, you may want to check it out.