Russian media hits back on Australia's Abbot: 'rude, unpleasant'

webfact

News website Pravda, widely considered a mouthpiece for the Russian Government, has slammed Abbott as “rude, insolent, insulting, impolite, impertinent, unpolished, gross, unpleasant and downright impudent” in a particularly harsh opinion piece.

Why are they complaining? Abbott is just like any average Russian.

• Like 1

Abbott has every right to be pissed at Putin. All those lives have been lost and the finger squarely points at Russia and they will not accept responsibility. The perps should be in Jail for the rest of their lives at a bare minimum but nothing has been done, what about the families? No one seems to care as if its all old news.

No he does not. Preliminary report by the Dutch has no indicators it was russia or Russian rebels who shot down the plane .

Facts do not support what West wants

Horse poop. I dug up Pravda page from late June when it was crowing about how "rebels" had captured bukit missles from Ukrainian base. Then later, after shoot down, that gang in Russia and rebels professed they didn't have any of those missles. Are some going to say CIA hacked Pravda site and planted that week or two before shoot down? He is following the Hitler model, seeing how much the west will bend over for him.

I am no fan of Abbo, but he actually had the balls to say what most of us think. Pimp slap him while you are at it, please. Make a fist of it.

• Like 2

Pravda is sounding like the North Korean media, with name calling and insults. The western media may have described Abbott's comments as "foot in the mouth", but it is the truth. Putin did everything in his power to deny Russia and the seperatist's complicity in the shootdown.

Abbot is fussy because he accused Russia in MH17 crash without any evidence. Some months passed and there is still no any evidence. I am just interesting if he apologizes when it will occur that Boeing was shot let say by Ukraine?

This may be a silly question, but just what does it mean to 'shirt front' someone?

In rugby or Aussie rules football, when you run head on into someone and basically bowl them over via them hitting your shirt front is he meaning.

I reckon Abbott is dangerous for Australia but on this one he has encapusted the anger many Australias feel towards Russia on their support for the rebeles who downed the airline and then their lack of respect at the crash site afterwards.

Keating would have come up with a better insult though.

• Like 1

rude, insolent, insulting, impolite, impertinent, unpolished, gross, unpleasant and downright impudent

That describes a particular nationality of tourist here too........

Come'on, just because their PM is a dolt it's best not to paint all of the Aussie tourists with the same brush...

• Like 1

No he does not. Preliminary report by the Dutch has no indicators it was russia or Russian rebels who shot down the plane .

Facts do not support what West wants

Horse poop. I dug up Pravda page from late June when it was crowing about how "rebels" had captured bukit missles from Ukrainian base. Then later, after shoot down, that gang in Russia and rebels professed they didn't have any of those missles. Are some going to say CIA hacked Pravda site and planted that week or two before shoot down? He is following the Hitler model, seeing how much the west will bend over for him.

I am no fan of Abbo, but he actually had the balls to say what most of us think. Pimp slap him while you are at it, please. Make a fist of it.

Let's also not forget the other planes that were shot down in the same area by the rebels. There's historical evidence to link these events together.

But no, nothing has been proven yet. Other than it was shot down by a missile. Probably fired from the ground. Probably a BUK. And probably one controlled by the rebels. Who get support from Russia. Lot's of evidence pointing in one direction, but nothing 100% conclusive yet.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28357880

They said the "most plausible explanation" for the shooting down of the plane was that rebels mistook it for another aircraft.

Evidence included images purportedly showing a surface-to-air missile launcher in the area, analysis of voice recordings of pro-Russian rebels apparently admitting bringing the airliner down and social-media activity pointing to rebel involvement.

The evidence also included satellite images of a facility allegedly used to train rebels near the Russian city of Rostov, which were later tweeted by Geoffrey Pyatt, US ambassador to Ukraine

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/ukraine-fighter-jet-shot-down

Pro-Russia rebels shot down a Ukrainian fighter jet on Sunday, before Kiev and Moscow's top diplomats were due to hold urgent talks to defuse tensions over fighting in the east of the ex-Soviet nation.

Ukraine's military said its MiG-29 warplane had been shot down as it carried out "an assignment to eliminate a large group of terrorists" in the Luhansk region. The pilot managed to parachute to safety, it said.

Judging by the wildness in Moscow and at Pravda in particular Putin really got stung by this so it's clear Abbott scored a good swift kick between the goal posts.

Someone mentioned Putin has a black belt which I'd guess matches his heart.

Putin anyway can beat anyone in Russia at anything he can put you in prison for, which would include chess, karate and bad mouthing him.

Putin has Russians murdered for far less than this so what's Vlad going to do now I wonder besides throw a tantrum.

Mr. Abbott is hardly the only leader to offer sharp-tongued comments about Mr. Putin. In a call with President Obama this year, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, reportedly said that Mr. Putin appeared to be “in another world.”

President George W. Bush famously said he had looked Mr. Putin in the eye during their first meeting in 2001 and gotten “a sense of his soul,” calling him “trustworthy,” only to complain later that dealing with Mr. Putin was “like arguing with an eighth grader with his facts wrong.”

As secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton was reported to privately mock Mr. Putin’s legs-spread-wide posture. And in a speech in Las Vegas on Monday night, Mrs. Clinton said, “I see a very coldblooded, calculated former K.G.B. agent who is determined to not only enrich himself and his closest colleagues but also to try to revive Russia’s influence around its border.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/15/world/europe/vladimir-putin-russia-australia-tony-abbott.html?_r=0

tony-abbott-budgie-smugglers.jpg

putin-swim-4.jpg

Well done Abbott, wish more politicians would talk straight.

That would be ok if he was correct in his assumptions. Abbott opened his mouth before engaging his brain. I would believe Putin before I believed Obama on this one.