mother inlaws ?

romeijoe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, you are not alone.

I, also have a mother in Law made of gold.

She lives near us, the father is dead, and she never lifted a little finger to help me or my wife in anything.

She just sits there, observing us and every so often expresses her dissatisfaction about something.

She is very grateful when I give her some money, and it is amazing how many times she appears at the beginning of the month when she knows I get my payment.

She never addresses me directly, but always complains about me to my wife.

I have allowed her full use of my garden and she never consulted me as to what is to be planted.

But when I plant anything it's no good.

Farang knows nothing.

Otherwise we have a lovely relationship.

As usual a very funny post made by you costas!! Only one thing that I doesn´t understand really. And that is how do you know that the mother in law is backtrashing you??? is really your wife reporting this to you?? THAT would surprice me 200%.... Or do you understand thai enough to hear her....

But for the rest of the stuff,,,,,, hahahaha.... great entertaining post!!

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

OP, you are not alone.

She lives near us, the father is dead, and she never lifted a little finger to help me or my wife in anything.

She just sits there, observing us and every so often expresses her dissatisfaction about something.

She is very grateful when I give her some money, and it is amazing how many times she appears at the beginning of the month when she knows I get my payment.

I have allowed her full use of my garden and she never consulted me as to what is to be planted.

Farang knows nothing.

As usual a very funny post made by you costas!! Only one thing that I doesn´t understand really. And that is how do you know that the mother in law is backtrashing you??? is really your wife reporting this to you?? THAT would surprice me 200%.... Or do you understand thai enough to hear her....

But for the rest of the stuff,,,,,, hahahaha.... great entertaining post!!

Glegolo

Glegolo, Thank you for your nice words...........always try to do my best.

As about to how I know, if you have been living in Thailand for some time, you should know that Thais can't hold a secret.

And they don't need too much persuasion to tell you everything.

The secret is, never show dissatisfaction to what you hear, otherwise the info will stop forthcoming.

Sometimes it takes a little time for me to know, but the result is always the samethumbsup.gif

• Like 2

OP:

Just wait until she becomes incontinent.

(I'm strictly joking. Sounds like your mother-in-law loves you too, which in my experience means you're a good man. I tip my hat to you, sir. )

Edited by Gecko123

OP:

Just wait until she becomes incontinent.

(I'm strictly joking. Sounds like your mother-in-law loves you too, which in my experience means you're a good man. I tip my hat to you, sir. )

dont worry we have had some bad times as well --- like the first time i tried to discipline the 4 yr old for being naughty,,, she went off her head big time, even came up the stairs which she never does, in order to tell me never do that again,, but i have since learnt a little about living with thais

well its good to hear some positives on the site keep it up gentlemen

Have a great MIL.

Yesterday we decided to go Wat That Phanom so MIL drunk the night before 3 bottles Lao Khao and the whole trip from Sakon Nakhon to That Phanom was a nightmare. Three 7/11 plastics with vomiting the rest of the Lao Khao that wasn't digested. She kept saying she want to die so Lassie said ok at the Wat they can burn you and Lassie is more then happy to pay a small Chedi.

I have a great relation with my MIL. She only drinks 3-4 times a year so I can handle it. My lassie is different and fights to her when she is drunk.

Otherwise I have to be honest. MIL helps a lot and doesn't want anything in return.

• Like 1

OP, you are not alone.

Farang knows nothing.

will you ever run out of thais to bash?

OP, you are not alone.

Farang knows nothing.

To answer AYJAYDEE; Your eyes are useless, if your mind is blind!!

(famous prowerb)

OP, you are not alone.

Farang knows nothing.

To answer AYJAYDEE; Your eyes are useless, if your mind is blind!!

(famous prowerb)

now all you need is a question

• Like 1

OP, you are not alone.

Farang knows nothing.

You ever heard of "tongue in cheek" ? or are you totally void of any sense of humor ?

• Like 1

My mother in law only wants to chew mahk, too old to do anything but squat on her haunches all day pulling tiny weeds out, occasionally even out of my garden. When she was in the intensive care unit a while back we went to visit her and to her great chagrin they wouldn't let her chew mahk so she got better in one night and was chewing a gobfull on the front steps of the hospital by the time I got the car round. If she ever spills any of it in my car she'll get more than a gobfull from me. I secretly call her creeping death.

• Like 1

OP, you are not alone.

Farang knows nothing.

You ever heard of "tongue in cheek" ? or are you totally void of any sense of humor ?

yup

• Like 1

My Thai Mother in Law is brilliant. She works in a Hospital, her Husband has long been dead, she supported herself and her daughter and two children, Now my wife. she did this for a number of years before i met the wife. She has never asked for one baht from me or the wife. None of this Big money falang thing., She often buys me things, I could not have wished to meet a happier person. They say if you look at your mother in law that's how her daughter will end up like, Well i cannot wait to be honest.

• Like 1

Have enjoyed this thread. thanks to the OP and others who have contributed.

My MIL is gold. The sort of person that operates in the background, without seeking praise, making sure everyone else is happy and comfortable.

MIL has not had the benefit of any formal education, but has some real natural wisdom that makes most of what she says worth listening too. Doesnt hurt that she has a great sense of humor.

In the early days my thai princess(TP) and I had our fair share of robust discussion - thai princess would call MIL for moral support/vindication. From what I could gather MIL often let TP have it both barrels. A couple of days later I would get a half arse appology from the TP ( which I know hurt her more than a dentist visit). :rolleyes:

TP has a great relationship with her mum and there is a bundle of mutual respect and friendship evident. Both of us always look forward to catching up with Mum.

Have a good mate who also has thai MIL - have met her several times - she's a miserable selfish lady - the standard horror story we often read about here, am sorry for my mate but quietly blood# grateful I have mine, and not his.