Thai's taking slefies.

bertty

Just how many pictures do people need to take of themselves?

I often go for a walk/jog around a lake near Asoke and will see loads of mainly Thai girls taking selfies. And 20 minutes later when I walk past again they are still doing it.

Pulling faces, leaning one side then the other, making v signs etc etc. Do they realize how retarded they come across as ?.

And it doesn't seem to matter if they are as ugly as a sack of spanners.

• Like 2

I tend to agree with what your saying Bertty, although I do live and let live with less judgement these days. Too many 'selfies' is a character flaw for sure.

The up side of mega selfies on FB or any other dating site is instantly knowing the shallowness of the owner.

I tend to agree with what your saying Bertty, although I do live and let live with less judgement these days. Too many 'selfies' is a character flaw for sure.

The up side of mega selfies on FB or any other dating site is instantly knowing the shallowness of the owner.

Indeed. I probably didn't make it clear enough as to why it gets my goat as much as it sometimes does.

Taking a picture of yourself every 5 seconds, well if that's your bag carry on. But when people are walking behind you and you just stop for no reason other than to take a selfie, don't get the hump if someone barges into you.

A week ago I was walking down the BTS stairs and someone stopped to do just that with a crowd behind him. Something like that could end up with a lot of people getting hurt.

Really totally ignorant as far as I'm concerned.

Next time you see some young Thai people taking selfies, you go and tell them how retarded it is, see how you get on.

Oh dear another one who thinks 10 against 1 is fair. Is that how you got the bang on the head ?

Yet I'll wager the Bertty tells all his friends back home what a wonderful life he has in Thailand......secretly regretting the day he set foot in the kingdom, slithering off to his lonely 2500 baht a month fan room after the air conditioned shopping malls close, surviving on Boiled eggs and mama noodles wondering how he will survive the month on his paltry income..

Living the dream Bertty ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Yet I'll wager the Bertty tells all his friends back home what a wonderful life he has in Thailand......secretly regretting the day he set foot in the kingdom, slithering off to his lonely 2500 baht a month fan room after the air conditioned shopping malls close, surviving on Boiled eggs and mama noodles wondering how he will survive the month on his paltry income..

Living the dream Bertty ? rolleyes.gif

Me I'm doing ok thanks for asking.

As for living the dream, I never thought living in Thailand was going to be a dream, why would it ?

Its just another country that has it's problems like the rest of the world.

Reading your comments about someone you have never met makes me think that bang on the head might have done more damage than first thought.

Maybe you should go with Costas to see the doctor.

Completely harmless, and it's hardly a problem. Why don't people just look in the mirror? Is it just me, but didn't a "selfie" mean something entirely different when I was a teenager, in the 1970's? Like when you didn't have a girlfriend at the time ..... if you get my drift.

Edited by champers