Manchester City

mrbojangles

. What I am impressed about, is the way City ground out a result whereas last year we would have either drawn or lost that game.

Man City's players and the way they are set up means theyll only ever grind out results, its the Italian way.

Who is your team BTW Englander?

Im wanting Man City to win the league this year, its just theyre akin to getting head off an ugly girl, in that it feels nice at the end but its not very nice to watch, maybe Rooney and a creative central midfielder could change that.

He's left his boyhood club so ive no doubt he'd happily jump from red to sky blue.

That has to be the worst answer to a " What Team do you support ? " question i've ever seen..:D

Bit lucky yesterday chaps?

Not really, no Referee's over ruling perfectly good Lino decisions in that Game..;)

Here's another rule that you have learnt today Singher, courtesy of Mr Poll :

The offside law states that a player who is in an offside position, as Gallas clearly was, must either interfere with play or an opponent or gain an advantage from being in that position.

FIFA has defined that a player must actually play the ball to be deemed to be interfering with play and referee Dean, from his better position, knew the deflection was by Baird and so Gallas could not have interfered with play.

Oh i knew it already Alfredo..

All it is is another ( well the same Rule, just a diffeent ruling ) Rule that is a load of Bow Locks..

You don't honestly agree with it do you Alf, the bit you highlighted i mean, to be interferring with play ??

Not really, no Referee's over ruling perfectly good Lino decisions in that Game..;)

Here's another rule that you have learnt today Singher, courtesy of Mr Poll :

The offside law states that a player who is in an offside position, as Gallas clearly was, must either interfere with play or an opponent or gain an advantage from being in that position.

FIFA has defined that a player must actually play the ball to be deemed to be interfering with play and referee Dean, from his better position, knew the deflection was by Baird and so Gallas could not have interfered with play.

Oh i knew it already Alfredo..

If you knew it already then how can you say it was a good linesman decision ;).

All it is is another ( well the same Rule, just a diffeent ruling ) Rule that is a load of Bow Locks..

You don't honestly agree with it do you Alf, the bit you highlighted i mean, to be interferring with play ??

obviously the reason FIFA made this ruling was to cut out the grey area of was he or wasn't he interfering with play but your still having the argument :o:D.

Edited by alfieconn

obviously the reason FIFA made this ruling was to cut out the grey area of was he or wasn't he interfering with play but your still having the argument :o:D.

You've known me long enough to know i can have an argument in a room on my own Alfredo..:D

Still doesn't hide the fact however that someone is interferrign with play if he influences the psoition of a Defender who is trying to play him Offside..

Im wanting Man City to win the league this year, its just theyre akin to getting head off an ugly girl, in that it feels nice at the end but its not very nice to watch, maybe Rooney and a creative central midfielder could change that.

He's left his boyhood club so ive no doubt he'd happily jump from red to sky blue.

That has to be the worst answer to a " What Team do you support ? " question i've ever seen..:D

That's what I thought :D

That's what I thought :D

Im trying to become a politician and thought it was a quite good analogy about whom id realistically prefer to win the league this year.wink.gif

But other teams are even more depressing to write about so i try not to.

Bit lucky yesterday chaps?

No singher just awarding offside goals to Tevez thats all, who then followed it up with a wickedly delected goal. Since the game is over we might aswell not bother talking about the perfectly good Blackpool goal that was disallowed. No mate no lucky at all. ;)

No singher just awarding offside goals to Tevez thats all, who then followed it up with a wickedly delected goal. Since the game is over we might aswell not bother talking about the perfectly good Blackpool goal that was disallowed. No mate no lucky at all. ;)

And add to that the penalty decisions in the newcastle game that is two games they should have lost,they really should be battling relegation with liverpool.

And add to that the penalty decisions in the newcastle game that is two games they should have lost,they really should be battling relegation with liverpool.

:lol::lol:

I can't believe my eyes. A red complaining about another team getting a couple of decisions. Fekk me, you lot would be in the conference league if it were'nt for the favouritism you have had over the years. The pure cheek of it.

From skysports:-

Manu treble sends City top

Plucky Poles denied as Adebayor opens account for season

An Emmanuel Adebayor hat-trick gave Manchester City a 3-1 win over Lech Poznan and sent them top of Group A.

The Togo striker put the ambitious Blues in control as he opened his account for the season with a well-taken first-half brace.

And although Lech almost equalised after Joel Tshibamba gave them hope of a comeback in the 50th minute, Adebayor struck 17 minutes from time to seal victory and become the first City player to score a hat-trick in Europe.

Lech came into the game above City on goals scored but Adebayor's treble saw the Blues leapfrog the plucky Polish outfit, who drew 3-3 away to Juventus on matchday one.

City are now firmly on course for the Europa League's knockout stage as Juventus drew 1-1 at Red Bull Salzburg, leaving Roberto Mancini's men four points clear of third-placed Juve with three games remaining.

Mancini had made six changes to the side which won 3-2 at Blackpool on Sunday with the likes of Vincent Kompany, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez given a well-earned rest.

Adebayor remained in the starting line-up despite a lacklustre performance at Bloomfield Road but that decision was vindicated after a lively start saw Lech's Slawomir Peszko and City's Adam Johnson flash shots wide.

Patrick Vieira then threaded the ball into Adebayor, another ex-Arsenal player, and he turned smartly on the edge of the box before side-footing beyond goalkeeper Jasmin Buric and inside the far post.

The visitors threatened on the break with Kamil Drygas testing Joe Hart before Sergey Krivets played a corner straight to Jakub Wilk just outside the box but the Lech midfielder blazed over.

And Wilk would rue that miss as City went straight back upfield to double their lead, Johnson finding the excellent David Silva down the left wing and Adebayor drifted off his marker to head the Spaniard's cross inside the far post.

A superb right-wing cross by Johnson almost presented Adebayor with his third goal just before the break, with Marcin Kikut managing to head clear as the City striker was preparing to head home at the far post.

But Lech made a positive start to the second half and pulled a goal back after some poor defending by City.

Pablo Zabaleta was caught in possession at left-back, allowing Peszko to charge into the box and the Blues fluffed two chances to clear before Kikut's shot deflected into the path of Tshibamba, who swept home from close range to give the fantastic away support something to cheer.

City regrouped with Silva forcing a near-post save from Buric while Adebayor volleyed wide from Johnson's ball inside, but the visitors spurned a great chance to equalise as Tshibamba blazed over from 10 yards as another Lech shot squirmed into his path.

Adebayor then eased City's nerves, steering the ball home from Silva's superb through-ball, while Johnson clipped the outside of the far post late on after beating two men deep on the right.

Livid. Absolutely livid.

Clattenburg needs demoting back down a division or 2 again.

Fine, he had decided to ruin what was an important game after just 5 minutes. But what get's my Goat, is that he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it. The guy is a top class (insert expletive). If Mancini would have known it was going to be 10 against 12, he'd have changed his tactics.

And as for Fabregas, waving his hand to the ref to give a card, I fekkin hate players who do that. And he was the one diving all over the place to get free kicks. I used to have a lot of respect for him but now, well. I won't say what I really feel.

Livid. Absolutely livid.

Fine, he had decided to ruin what was an important game after just 5 minutes. But what get's my Goat, is that he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it. The guy is a top class (insert expletive). If Mancini would have known it was going to be 10 against 12, he'd have changed his tactics.

And as for Fabregas, waving his hand to the ref to give a card, I fekkin hate players who do that. And he was the one diving all over the place to get free kicks. I used to have a lot of respect for him but now, well. I won't say what I really feel.

Were the decisions further example of Mr Wenger managing to get under the skin of referees with his constant banging on about dangerous/bad tackles. I wonder if Arsenal might be being treated leniently. Example last week being that Eboue should have gone for a scissor tackle but was only booked, yet how many times has Wenger ranted on about that type of tackle and yet his own players are using it!!!

Agree with you wholeheartedly about players trying to get another booked or sent off. Shame he did'nt hand out a yellow to Fabregas.

Livid. Absolutely livid.

To be honest BJ, I thought the ref was left with little choice, and on the whole had a very good game.

It was just pure inexperience by Boyata that caused it, and I think he had to go.

The mistake he made in my opinion was not booking Song, immediately after he had booked Barry for an identical offence.

I am gutted to BJ, but proud too. City played well and were unlucky. But remember they only played 3 days before and playing a team like Arsenal with 10 men for 86 minutes!! In the end we were just knackered.

What worries me a little is the defensive naivities shown in recent weeks. (The tackle by Kompany that gave away the penalty, and the tackle by Lescott a couple of weeks ago that we got away with) Silly tackles that were unneccessary.

But I think for sure we will finish top 3, this year, and a decent run in Euro League

Livid. Absolutely livid.

To be honest BJ, I thought the ref was left with little choice, and on the whole had a very good game.

It was just pure inexperience by Boyata that caused it, and I think he had to go.

The mistake he made in my opinion was not booking Song, immediately after he had booked Barry for an identical offence.

I am gutted to BJ, but proud too. City played well and were unlucky. But remember they only played 3 days before and playing a team like Arsenal with 10 men for 86 minutes!! In the end we were just knackered.

What worries me a little is the defensive naivities shown in recent weeks. (The tackle by Kompany that gave away the penalty, and the tackle by Lescott a couple of weeks ago that we got away with) Silly tackles that were unneccessary.

But I think for sure we will finish top 3, this year, and a decent run in Euro League

Are you suggesting that on the basis of your performances so far this season you are a better side than Arsenal, Tottenham or Man Utd? You'll need to start playing a lot better than you have been to finish top three. ;)

Edited by carmine

Fine, he had decided to ruin what was an important game after just 5 minutes. But what get's my Goat, is that he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it.

Like I said Jack, he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it. As for the sending off, I thought it had to be the last man and a chance on goal, which he wasn't anywhere near having a scoring chance. Coupled with being only 5 minutes in, common sense should have prevailed and given him a yellow and a good talking to. But he decided to send him off, so ok fine, book their players when committing even worse fouls......but he didn't.

As for our performance. I too was proud and even playing against 12 men we carried on attacking. Defensively, I concur with you on that.

Fine, he had decided to ruin what was an important game after just 5 minutes. But what get's my Goat, is that he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it.

Like I said Jack, he had set the standard as to what he considered a foul but didn't remain consistent about it. As for the sending off, I thought it had to be the last man and a chance on goal, which he wasn't anywhere near having a scoring chance. Coupled with being only 5 minutes in, common sense should have prevailed and given him a yellow and a good talking to. But he decided to send him off, so ok fine, book their players when committing even worse fouls......but he didn't.

As for our performance. I too was proud and even playing against 12 men we carried on attacking. Defensively, I concur with you on that.

In the game i was watching he would have been through on goal if he wasn't bought down ;)

So your saying that there should be a time frame too when a player gets booked or sent off, so shall we say any serious tackle before 20 mins is a booking after 20 mins it becomes a sending off :D do me a favour BJ :( .

I'm surprised that you havn't mentioned that he is only a young boy so he should have been given the benefit of the doubt :o:D .

Livid. Absolutely livid.

Are you suggesting that on the basis of your performances so far this season you are a better side than Arsenal, Tottenham or Man Utd? You'll need to start playing a lot better than you have been to finish top three. ;)

I can guarantee we will finish above Tottenham, and I suspect above thew Ars and Manure

Livid. Absolutely livid.

I can guarantee we will finish above Tottenham, and I suspect above thew Ars and Manure

You can can you. Just like last season. :rolleyes: Keep dreaming

I have edited to add that the chances are you will choke when push comes to shove. Tottenham and the Arse will dig deeper than your prima donas. (Remember last season when we came up to Manchester and took the game to you. Your players just were'nt up for the scrap) Despit the situation at Old Trafford, with SAF in charge Utd will also finish above you i think.

I've no axe to grind with City, but to come out with line like "i can guarrantee' is shall we say rather foolhardy. It was only with the help of the referee that you beat Blackpool who infact outplayed you for the majority of the game. Their 3m players playing the 190m of Man City with more pride than your overpaid football mercenaries would ever do.

Little or no evidence to suggest better than fifth...again.

Next :D

Edited by carmine

Man City still look like a bunch of talented individuals but the team is far short of the sum of the parts. I would say any side playing Arsenal with 10 men are going to find things extremely difficult.

The sending off was entirely justified and it encapsulated the stupidity of so many defenders in making foolish challenges where they have no hope of getting the ball. It also demonstrates complete lack of faith in the goalkeeper in this case one of Hart's calibre.

On the other hand it showed again the widespread obnoxious habit of the aggrieved team waving cards and trying to pressure the ref into sending the offender off. :huh:

Tottenham and the Arse will dig deeper than your prima donas. (Remember last season when we came up to Manchester and took the game to you. Your players just were'nt up for the scrap)

That was last season. We haven't gelled yet and showed grit against Blackpool when we weren't playing very well. Your players weren't up for it at your gaff, this season.

It was only with the help of the referee that you beat Blackpool who infact outplayed you for the majority of the game. Their 3m players playing the 190m of Man City with more pride than your overpaid football mercenaries would ever do.

Many teams will come unstuck to Blackpool. At least up until xmas, when if they get injuries, I should think their lack of depth will start to show.

I would say that with such a new team, coupled with unfortunate injuries (people forget we only had 11 100% fit players when we played Chelsea) and yet still in joint second at this stage, we are in a higher position than many of us thought. We were in the main thinking we would take 4 or 5 months to gel as a team. That would suggest we are going to be better than 5th.

Man City still look like a bunch of talented individuals but the team is far short of the sum of the parts. I would say any side playing Arsenal with 10 men are going to find things extremely difficult.

Yep.

The sending off was entirely justified

My issue was that Clettenburg wasn't consistent after that foul.

On the other hand it showed again the widespread obnoxious habit of the aggrieved team waving cards and trying to pressure the ref into sending the offender off. :huh:

Yep. Fabregas has gone right down in my estimation.

Tottenham and the Arse will dig deeper than your prima donas. (Remember last season when we came up to Manchester and took the game to you. Your players just were'nt up for the scrap)

That was last season. We haven't gelled yet and showed grit against Blackpool when we weren't playing very well. Your players weren't up for it at your gaff, this season.

It was only with the help of the referee that you beat Blackpool who infact outplayed you for the majority of the game. Their 3m players playing the 190m of Man City with more pride than your overpaid football mercenaries would ever do.

Many teams will come unstuck to Blackpool. At least up until xmas, when if they get injuries, I should think their lack of depth will start to show.

I would say that with such a new team, coupled with unfortunate injuries (people forget we only had 11 100% fit players when we played Chelsea) and yet still in joint second at this stage, we are in a higher position than many of us thought. We were in the main thinking we would take 4 or 5 months to gel as a team. That would suggest we are going to be better than 5th.

How can you say our players were'nt up for it against you this season. We ripped you apart in the first half. Bar Joe Hart performance it would have been 5 nil half time. It was a no contest. You yourself said you were happy with a point. :rolleyes:

What btw is your point of only having 11 100% fit players. Most teams would be chuffed to bits with that situation. :whistling:

I think in conclusion that you will buy/win the league but sometime over the next three or four seasons. Mancini is way too negative for starters and too reliant on Tevez.

Edited by carmine

How can you say our players were'nt up for it against you this season. We ripped you apart in the first half. Bar Joe Hart performance it would have been 5 nil half time. It was a no contest. You yourself said you were happy with a point. :rolleyes:

You was talking about Spurs digging deeper than our "prima donnas". Well that match against Spurs was when alot of our players had only just met and played together for the first time that week and your lot couldn't dig deep to grind out a win. Teams who win the league, seem to get the three points even when they are playing <deleted>. Nobody wins the league for playing better than a team but only getting a draw.

What btw is your point of only having 11 100% fit players. Most teams would be chuffed to bits with that situation. :whistling:

Now you are talking cr4p. Maybe after xmas but not this early in the season.

I think in conclusion that you will buy/win the league but sometime over the next three or four seasons. Mancini is way too negative for starters and too reliant on Tevez.

You can't buy the league, everyone says so. Even SAF ;) But yeah, I think you are right, it won't be this season and I don't think you will find any city fan who has said we would.

As for Tevez, Mancini has had to rely on him. You know, cos of the point I made above about injuries.

You was talking about Spurs digging deeper than our "prima donnas". Well that match against Spurs was when alot of our players had only just met and played together for the first time that week and your lot couldn't dig deep to grind out a win. Teams who win the league, seem to get the three points even when they are playing <deleted>. Nobody wins the league for playing better than a team but only getting a draw.

Now you are talking cr4p. Maybe after xmas but not this early in the season.

You can't buy the league, everyone says so. Even SAF ;) But yeah, I think you are right, it won't be this season and I don't think you will find any city fan who has said we would.

As for Tevez, Mancini has had to rely on him. You know, cos of the point I made above about injuries.

If you say so BJ, if you say so. :lol: Grab all the positives you can

You can buy the league you know because its been done before and your owners are going to do it again. Just give it time.

I'll stick to exactly what i said about the injuries. Seen your squad, seen the all stars gracing your bench. Pull the other one.

In summary, i have to disagree with JD's guaranteeing atleast third. Most will see that as a very silly statement. I think its going to be very, very close.

You can buy the league you know because its been done before and your owners are going to do it again. Just give it time.

But everyone says that you can't. On the otherhand, you could say that every team who has won the league has bought it as they are the ones who had been buying the best players at the time. We have just bought a new team in a year and a half instead of ten :D

I'll stick to exactly what i said about the injuries. Seen your squad, seen the all stars gracing your bench. Pull the other one.

That's now and we nearly have everyone back. If you read my original statement, I was talking about when we played Chelsea.

Well, I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one. We were <deleted> and Wolves deserved the win. Well done.

Fair play mate :D

How long do you think mancini will last mate,they got rid of hughesy who was doing a better job not trolling mate a serious question.

He'll be gone soon surely..

Just having this conversation wlaking down a Beach in Oregon on a fantastic Sat morning seeing the resulst coem through on the IPhone ( i am sooooo High Tech :D )..

Redknapp next Man City Manager, you heard it here first close to Xmas..;)

Well, I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one. We were <deleted> and Wolves deserved the win. Well done.

Fair play mate :D

How long do you think mancini will last mate,they got rid of hughesy who was doing a better job not trolling mate a serious question.

Mancini amazed me tonight with his tactical knowledge. He was out of this world. Unfortunately we are playing in this world.