Manchester City

mrbojangles

Even more amazing that knowing the type of owners we have, that the nonsensical statements coming from certain members on here, that City would struggle to score goals this year!! :lol: :lol:

Look you guys seem interested in discussing non-sensical arguments.

Why not stick to reality.

1) If City spend enough money they are guaranteed to win the Premiership. If you dont believe that is true they havent spent enough money.

2) Losing huge amounts of money to win a trophy is not clever, it borders on the inherently stupid.

3) You should start worrying about Anzhi Machachkala.

Even more amazing that knowing the type of owners we have, that the nonsensical statements coming from certain members on here, that City would struggle to score goals this year!! :lol: :lol:

1) If City spend enough money they are guaranteed to win the Premiership. If you dont believe that is true they havent spent enough money.

2) Losing huge amounts of money to win a trophy is not clever, it borders on the inherently stupid.

And Liverpool haven't been spending money have they not.

Listen Abrak. Not once have we denied that we have spending and spending big. We know it and to be honest, I am over the moon about it. Never in my xx years of supporting the roller coaster ride that is being a Blue, have I been as happy. We are just playing catch up for all those years when other clubs spent big and we couldn't. Get over it and move on instead of coming out with the same tripe all the time.

Listen Abrak. Not once have we denied that we have spending and spending big. We know it and to be honest, I am over the moon about it. Never in my xx years of supporting the roller coaster ride that is being a Blue, have I been as happy. We are just playing catch up for all those years when other clubs spent big and we couldn't. Get over it and move on instead of coming out with the same tripe all the time.

Look on the bright side, at least if they win league it will shut up old red nose and his band of bias followers :D

Look on the bright side, at least if they win league it will shut up old red nose and his band of bias followers :D

You are funny...."biased followers" laugh.gif

I am sorry but you cant post like one of your previous posts that City is like taking a starving runner and giving him decent shoes to wear so he can compete because the reality is that you are taking a guy with a big yacht and buying him a private plane. So at least dont try and grab the moral high ground.

I will perfectly accept that Abu Dhabi is perfectly entitled to take its country's wealth and spend it on winning a trophy rather than perhaps educate their underlying population as long as you dont try and bullshit me with the fact that City are actually entitled to it. And look I am not stupid, the tangible benefits of Abu Dhabi's spend on Manchester are very significant in terms of regeneration of the area.

Very simply I agree with money is everything. Just dont pretend Mancini is a great manager, that you are only playing catch up, anything but apart from you got very lucky that a person who was born with infinitely more money than sense chose to spread it over you because while he has infinite wealth he clearly has no moral authority. And look I admit that I am bias against you and Chelsea but please dont tell me to stop telling you, you are a hooker when you are being paid to get laid.

I am sorry but you cant post like one of your previous posts that City is like taking a starving runner and giving him decent shoes to wear so he can compete because the reality is that you are taking a guy with a big yacht and buying him a private plane. So at least dont try and grab the moral high ground.

:blink: Pardon. Twas not me who used such an analogy.

I will perfectly accept that Abu Dhabi is perfectly entitled to take its country's wealth and spend it on winning a trophy rather than perhaps educate their underlying population as long as you dont try and bullshit me with the fact that City are actually entitled to it. And look I am not stupid, the tangible benefits of Abu Dhabi's spend on Manchester are very significant in terms of regeneration of the area.

What on earth are you harping on about? As far as I know, Abu Dhabi give a good education free to all it's citizens from kindergarten through to University. Probably a lot better than in the UK. And nowhere have i said that i think we are entitled to their money, I am just happy that they chose us. You are just acting like a jealous kid cos Henry hasn't got the same amount to put into your lot.

Very simply I agree with money is everything. Just dont pretend Mancini is a great manager, that you are only playing catch up, anything but apart from you got very lucky that a person who was born with infinitely more money than sense chose to spread it over you because while he has infinite wealth he clearly has no moral authority. And look I admit that I am bias against you and Chelsea but please dont tell me to stop telling you, you are a hooker when you are being paid to get laid.

1) Get your facts right. Look through my posts and you will see that I have always stated that I am still unsure about Mancini. My jury is still out.

2) Could you please expand on what you infer about the Sheikh's morals.

3) Your analogy could be said about all football players. It just seems we are now more of a high class hooker and frequent the Savoy, whereas your lot hang out in the Holiday Express. ;)

You really are talking a load of old <deleted> as usual!! :bah:

You begin to sound more and more like a school kid whose mother has bought him a pair of Tescos trainers, whilst everyone else is wearing Nike

from an english journo on twitter: owen hargreaves has reportedly had a medical at man city fc today.

what the. . ?

What !!

But we already have sufficient cover for the boot boy.

i think you're trying to get a bench full of ex-united favourites just to piss the glams off. surprised you didn't go in for o'shea and wes orange just for the hell of it.

2) Given that the 'Sheikh' is inherently investing vast sums of money that will give him a negative return he is 1) either far too stupid to be entitled to allocate those resources or 2) far too entitled to believe that those resources can be wasted.

Now either you are suggesting that his monies have been efficiently invested or 2) he has other peoples excess wealth which he is squandering on his ego. If you happen to think that Sheik Mansour is entitled to his wealth on the basis 'what the fuc_k, our oil resources only belong to those who can grab them first' then go ahead and buy an obscure Russian football team. Or what the hell buy a football club and win the EPL.

So when you claim Mansour is entitled to his wealth through sheer brilliance I will listen. When he is simply fuc_king around with other peoples money because he can I am not interested. Especially on the basis that if you are endowed with your country's wealth you should at least spend it to their benefit.

3) Your argument that you are a hooker just like everyone else is not particularly convincing. You are still a hooker.

And 'VERY SERIOUSLY' if you cannot see any 'gap' in Sheik Mansour's morals you should really should examine your own. Because even if you ever happen to be given 20bn quid if you choose to spend 1bn on footballers many people are going to think you are a complete asshol_e.

3) Your argument that you are a hooker just like everyone else is not particularly convincing. You are still a hooker.

And 'VERY SERIOUSLY' if you cannot see any 'gap' in Sheik Mansour's morals you should really should examine your own. Because even if you ever happen to be given 20bn quid if you choose to spend 1bn on footballers many people are going to think you are a complete asshol_e.

At no time have there been personal insults thrown at you, from me and I will not accept them from you. So cease this line of posts and stick to football.

abrak, i hope one day to meet you for a pint. i wonder if your pub conversations when watching a match are similarly verbose and seemingly angered. ;)

Actually I can guarantee that my conversation should never be be taken in anger or as personally insulting and I apologize to anyone who thought otherwise. In particular I would not like to insult Man City fans who have waited decades for success. What might appear to be anger please put down to internet banter. One thing I can promise anyone is that I do not take myself seriously enough that I should be taken too seriously.

from an english journo on twitter: owen hargreaves has reportedly had a medical at man city fc today.

what the. . ?

You have to chuckle dont you?

Supposedly it is a 'pay as you play' and of course a 'free transfer'. On that basis City might have secured the cheapest contract of the season.

I watched replays of both games and to be honest I thought overall that Man City did the better job and also taking into account that they were away.

Both teams were awesome, but I think Spurs showed up and did give it a go, but Arsenal just capitulated like a bunch of fairies.

Edited by uptheos

So....tere's a bit of time left for you to sign another striker....who's on the radar next?

Make a nice huge bid for Suarez this afternoon would you please....biggrin.gif

I don't want to sound cockey but I don't think we need anyone else really. It's a matter of getting the players we have to know each other.

It is always better to insult City fans as a whole,that way they feel more like a team. wink.gif

Banter is fine but insulting individuals or as a whole, is not acceptable on here.

Agreed just insult the teams,works for my anger management biggrin.gif

So....tere's a bit of time left for you to sign another striker....who's on the radar next?

I don't want to sound cockey but I don't think we need anyone else really. It's a matter of getting the players we have to know each other.

Seems like they where old friends against Spurs wink.gif

Seems like they where old friends against Spurs wink.gif

That's the frightening thing. Nasri had only been there a couple of days and Aquero is still only 3 games into a new style of football and a new team.

This really is a strange one,great midfielder who at teh peak of fitness would get into most teams and has a fantastic engine.

1.Why did United let him walk.............everyone presumes it was because of his long injuries and the medical experts at United saying that he would not be able to continue at the level required.

2.He has just passed a medical at City

3.A free!

4.I really hope this does not come back to haunt us at United because he was a great player....maybe still is surely City would not buy him to sit on the bench with the amount of quality they have now.

5. Very interesting to see what happens with him because of the You Tube videos also,it could be a fantastic signing or.....

Hargreaves was a £17 million signing from Bayern Munich in 2007, but managed just 39 appearances for United over four seasons as he battled persistent knee problems.

His long-awaited comeback against Wolves last season was cut short only minutes into the game due to a torn hamstring and the club have cut their losses, releasing the 30 year-old as a free agent this summer.

That was only after Hargreaves did everything he could to persuade Sir Alex Ferguson to keep him

"At one stage I did offer to play for nothing this season, just to stay on," he said. "But they said, 'You don't want to do that' and they were probably right."

He added: "I don't blame them for letting me go. I can understand it. There comes a point when you have to say this hasn't worked out. The game has moved on. See you later!

Hargreaves has travelled the world to receive treatment on his knee, and famously published videos on YouTube to try to demonstrate his fitness to play.

Hargreaves said he used the internet because he does not employ an agent and found it to be the easiest way to pass information to clubs who might be interested in him.

"It ended up on YouTube because the files were too big to email to specific people, specific clubs," he said.

"So I put them on YouTube so they could see it. I know it became a bit of a story when people found it in the public domain but I don't really care. No big deal."

The videos seem to have worked, however, as Hargreaves has now attracted interest from West Brom and he believes he can play his way back into England contention once he does sign for a club.

"I'm going to blow people away," he said. "I'm coming back believing I can return to the level I was at before. My body feels great and my knees are perfect.

"I've just got this huge chip on my shoulder because I've been out for three years and people think I'm dead and buried.

"But right now I'd like to think I can play 40 games this season and with the right care, I believe I can train every day. I hope to be back in the England side for the European Championships next summer. You have to have ambition."

Fair play to him,i really hope his career will continue! blink.gifunsure.gif

Edited by MrRed

This really is a strange one,great midfielder who at teh peak of fitness would get into most teams and has a fantastic engine.

1.Why did United let him walk.............everyone presumes it was because of his long injuries and the medical experts at United saying that he would not be able to continue at the level required.

2.He has just passed a medical at City

3.A free!

4.I really hope this does not come back to haunt us at United because he was a great player....maybe still is surely City would not buy him to sit on the bench with the amount of quality they have now.

5. Very interesting to see what happens with him because of the You Tube videos also,it could be a fantastic signing or.....

In the unlikely scenario of him staying fit for more than five minutes and getting back to the player he was, i would say good luck to him and good luck to City for taking a chance on him. I really don't think it is likely though, and i don't think we really could keep him on any longer. Comes a point after 3 or 4 years when you just have to cut your losses.