Manchester City

mrbojangles

Thanks for that City and well done! You under huge pressure. To comeback and win that will give Utd something to think about.

To be honest, Chelsea really didn't deserve their lead, and it seemed obvious even with 20 minutes to go and a goal down, that City's pressure would tell and that they would win.

Think it was a mistake for Chelsea to start without Drogba. Torres has definitely improved and you can't fault his work rate, but he still only ever looks 50/50 to score.

As for Tevez, well, if he helps City to the title, i'm sure the fans there won't give a hoot, but i can't help thinking what a sad situation it is to have a player effectively win the day and make the manager who said he would never play at the club again, eat his words - and not only that, throw his arm around his shoulder.

I said when Tevez went to City they would regret it and despite being accused of saying that simply out of bitterness, i think they found it was a comment born out of truth, out of knowing the player. And i say now, i think ultimately they will regret and pay for this decision. I may be wrong. Either way, in my opinion, the sooner mercenary unprofessional <deleted> of his ilk are out of the Premier League, the better.

Nice to see Nasri play off someone, like he used to play off Fabregas. Perhaps Tevez can save Nasri's neck as well as Mancinis. Even Aguero seemed to rediscover his confidence when the little toad came on.

You couldn't make this City soap up!

Thoroughly deserved that win. It would have been a crime for Chelsea to have done a smash and grab.

Don't know what Di Matteo is on about. He thought losing was harsh on Chelsea and they deserved a draw. Was he actually watching the match?

Look at some of the stats, you muppet

Shots on and off target:- City 14 - Chelsea 4

Possession:- City 60.5% - Chelsea 39.5%

Nice to see Nasri play off someone, like he used to play off Fabregas. Perhaps Tevez can save Nasri's neck as well as Mancinis. Even Aguero seemed to rediscover his confidence when the little toad came on.

You couldn't make this City soap up!

It's been like that all my life being a City fan, Santi. I'm used to it.

It was a sublime touch by Tevez playing Nasri through. No matter what happens off the pitch, he is a top class player and gives everything on the pitch.

BTW, quite interesting that last night we set a new record. That was our 20th successive league win at home - the first club to achieve this feat since the start of the Premier League. And only the fourth club ever to do it in top flight history. Liverpool, Newcastle United and Preston North End are the others.

Arsenal have served up coffin nails (maybe not the final ones) for Liverpool (ok we were lucky), Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle in the last 2 months. I'm hoping we can deliver another one to the Blues in 3 weeks time, so the big derby is likely to come too late in my world!

Still a long way to go though and history over the last lap is not on our side!

Arsenal have served up coffin nails (maybe not the final ones) for Liverpool (ok we were lucky), Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle in the last 2 months. I'm hoping we can deliver another one to the Blues in 3 weeks time, so the big derby is likely to come too late in my world!

To be fair, as i said before, with Arsenal this season its been all about and will continue to be all about RVP. Doesn't really matter if Wengers on the bench or Coco the clown, if van persie plays you have a good chance of winning, if not you will probably lose.

Van Persie for me, or rather his absense through injury offers a bolt on case why wenger is past his sell by date. Recent form has little to do with him or his tactics

To be fair, as i said before, with Arsenal this season its been all about and will continue to be all about RVP. Doesn't really matter if Wengers on the bench or Coco the clown, if van persie plays you have a good chance of winning, if not you will probably lose.

Van Persie for me, or rather his absense through injury offers a bolt on case why wenger is past his sell by date. Recent form has little to do with him or his tactics

I think you are being a bit unfair on both Arsenal and Wenger to suggest that their performances rely solely on one man. Sure, RVP does a crucial job of helping them over the line in games, and without him they would be a lesser team, but it does take a whole team effort to win games.

I think you are being a bit unfair on both Arsenal and Wenger to suggest that their performances rely solely on one man. Sure, RVP does a crucial job of helping them over the line in games, and without him they would be a lesser team, but it does take a whole team effort to win games.

When i look at all the results they've achieved off the back of his goals i'm not sure i am being unfair. Maybe i'm a little harsh on the basis that wilshire has been out all season though but generally speaking without RVP they are now a europa league set up at best

When i look at all the results they've achieved off the back of his goals i'm not sure i am being unfair. Maybe i'm a little harsh on the basis that wilshire has been out all season though but generally speaking without RVP they are now a europa league set up at best

I think by rights, when considering the budget Wenger has to work with, Europa League is about the level they should be at. Problem for Wenger is his own over-achievement - he gets flack when he fails to over-achieve.

I think by rights, when considering the budget Wenger has to work with, Europa League is about the level they should be at. Problem for Wenger is his own over-achievement - he gets flack when he fails to over-achieve.

agree with you on this

Your coffin nails were made of rubber when United visited you in january though. Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Stoke are pure thugs. I think it says it all when your own fans sing "Swing Low".

All credit to them as they do what they have to, to get results but I'd sooner watch a team with the attitude and style of Swansea.

Spurs fans will be amazed after that game because we were all convinced that the tall circus man couldn't even kick a ball properly!

The press and public (and us) are praying that the upcoming Etihad Manchester derby will be the great defining gladiatorial spectacle to the season. Looks like it'll be all over well before that unfortunately. You'd better start paying for those English lessons on an as-you-go basis Bobbyo.

Mario back in form then laugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17530883

Mario Balotelli gatecrashes Inter Milan press conference

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli has gatecrashed new Inter Milan boss Andrea Stramaccioni's first press conference, during a surprise visit to his ex-club.

The 21-year-old striker unexpectedly walked in, to laughter from the crowd, and shook hands with Stramaccioni, who exclaimed: "What a surprise!"

Balotelli had driven to the Serie A club's training ground in a Ferrari to greet his former team-mates.

Stramaccioni took over when Claudio Ranieri was sacked on Monday.

Balotelli entered the press room as Stramaccioni was being formally unveiled as Inter's new manager.

The striker shook his hand and those of other people at the top table before leaving, continuing his reputation for unpredictable antics.

Balotelli knows Stramaccioni, who has been promoted from youth team coach, from his time at the club.

Stramaccioni led the youth side to a win over Ajax in the NextGen Series final - an international tournament for youth teams - on Sunday.

Inter Milan dismissed former Chelsea boss Ranieri, who took charge at the San Siro in September last year, after only one win in their last 10 league matches.

Following Sunday's defeat by Juventus, Inter sit eighth in Serie A, 22 points behind their local rivals AC Milan, who top the table.

Inter were also knocked out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage by Marseille earlier this month.

Antics:

• March 2010: Balotelli angers Inter Milan fans by posing in an AC Milan shirt
  • March 2011: The Italian throws a dart at a Manchester City youth team player
  • May 2011: The striker takes a bullied truant back to school and gives the antagonists a ticking off
  • July 2011: Substituted in a friendly after backheeling wide when through on goal
  • October 2011: Escapes unhurt when a firework is launched inside his home
  • March 2012: Fined one week's wages by City for breaking curfew
  • March 2012: Gatecrashes new Inter Milan coach Andrea Stramaccioni's first press conference during a surprise visit to the club

He just wants to go back to Italy,the thing is City might have to charter a special needs plane for the Italian bound lot.....Mancini....Tevez...and Balotelli that would be a dream-liner with all there egos.That ugly <deleted> Platt could join them also to help Mancini check-in and do his media tweets in Italy.....innit! jerk.gif

That ugly <deleted> Platt could join them also

Kettle, black there me thinks. Or do you think United are full of Brad Pitt lookalikes !!

Rooney would march straight into my All Time Ugly XI,for sure.

That ugly <deleted> Platt could join them also

Kettle, black there me thinks. Or do you think United are full of Brad Pitt lookalikes !!

Rooney would march straight into my All Time Ugly XI,for sure.

Add Scholes to that, and Rio's a total mong aswell....Frightening really......

And then there's that handsome man Modric clap2.gif

Its obvious you'd just stick Modric on top of the christmas tree and forget about the effeminate little mercenary.

Its about time he started sending out the come and get me's to Old Traffoed isn't it?

And then there's that handsome man Modric clap2.gif

Its obvious you'd just stick Modric on top of the christmas tree and forget about the effeminate little mercenary.

Its about time he started sending out the come and get me's to Old Traffoed isn't it?

David Vaughn,Laurent Koscielny and Martin Skrtel.Ideal candidates for 'The Night of the Living Dead'.

i'm a bit of a Johnny come lately to this party, but did anyone vote for Denis Straqualarsi of Everton? Straight out of the Notre Dame belfry. Must be something in the meat in Argentina - he and Tev the trog make a right pair. Mind you Ferdinand senior is growing uglier by the day - starting to look like one of those Terry Gilliam (Monty Python) cartoon characters the top of whose head suddenly hinges open backwards.

Moi? I grow more handsome and charming by the hour, of course