Manchester City

mrbojangles

In fairness, you have to say "well done" to City.

They've had a wobble and seem just to be nosing ahead now (though I doubt any City fans will be really breathing freely until after the Newcastle game).

I like to look beyond the money angle for both Manchester clubs and feel that what we have are 2 teams who not only provide great entertainment on the pitch but also are really working hard at bringing a lot to the local community in Manchester and the whole city is buzzing now.

Heavy Drinker the United half has been buzzing and doing the good work you talk about for years.

Now maybe its City's time to catch up,who can deny them that?

It was the best moment of the match for me. The fourth official should have let the pair of them sort it out imho! biggrin.png

Ferguson would win that hands down. All he'd have to do if breath on him and intoxicating fumes of whisky would flatten Mancini.

I think the sight of Ferguson strangling an Italian mincer with his own silk scarf would have had both sets of fans applauding! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Fair comment Mr Red, however I can remember being a kid at Rochdale's old Summer School with my cousin and buzzing when Tony Book and Franny Lee came and spent the morning with us (even though they all pissed off to the pub at 12 with all the dads).

City have always been active in Manchester, it's just that now they're getting the publicity to go with it.

• Like 1

Fair comment Mr Red, however I can remember being a kid at Rochdale's old Summer School with my cousin and buzzing when Tony Book and Franny Lee came and spent the morning with us (even though they all pissed off to the pub at 12 with all the dads).

City have always been active in Manchester, it's just that now they're getting the publicity to go with it.

Success and money goes hand in hand with publicity doesn't it! wink.png I remember those days albeit as a kid and good old Malcolm Allison who was a proper character.Dennis Tueart is still doing a lot of media work also and is Franny still selling bog rolls?tongue.png

Corrigan what a gent! maybe you swap stories with Mr Bojangles a true Rochdale Cowboy cowboy.gif

Is ths the ultimate of the kettle calling the pot laugh.png Fergie is a master at it.

Full story:- http://www1.skysport...nger-at-Mancini

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson accused Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini of attempting to influence the match officials in Monday's derby. laugh.png

City prevailed 1-0 thanks to captain Vincent Kompany's first-half header to take them top of the Premier League table, above United on goal difference with only two games each left to play.

The managers had to be kept apart on the touchline by fourth official Mike Jones after a difference of opinion over Nigel de Jong's foul on Danny Welbeck led to angry words and gestures being exchanged, although the pair did shake hands at the final whistle.

I think its good to see Mancini mixing it with Ferguson on the touchline and i think its also good for the City players to see. Anything would look like weakness and inferiority. It sent a clear message to Ferguson that he was very much up for it.

It was the best moment of the match for me. The fourth official should have let the pair of them sort it out imho! biggrin.png

I think what's winding Fergie up is that Mancini isn't getting caught up in the slanging match. He just keeps on saying how good United are and they have the best chance etc. Even after the game, Mancini didn't slag Fergie off about the slanging match, he just said it's normal and I've forgot about it. However, Fergie carried it on in his after match interview.

The funniest bit of the game was Paul Scholes trying to head-but Yaya Toure laugh.pnglaugh.png

Yeah it was a funny one that. He ended up not even managing to headbut yaya's chin laugh.png

just when you must of thought that there was a glimmer of hope at finally winning the league and getting one over on the red side of Manchester. the F. A. go and do one on you.

you must be dead chuffed with the choice of ref for the away fixture up at Newcastle !

yep, you guessed right. the one and only Howard Webb. laugh.png

just when you must of thought that there was a glimmer of hope at finally winning the league and getting one over on the red side of Manchester. the F. A. go and do one on you.

you must be dead chuffed with the choice of ref for the away fixture up at Newcastle !

Oh sh1t. Well, it looks like next year then. sad.png

• Like 1

Look on the bright side B...... its not numb nuts Chris Foy!!!

Right on queue.

As JD rightly says, atleast its not the calamitous Mr Foy.

City lot getting there excuses in early then i see! tongue.png1zgarz5.gif

No excuses, we just have to win in spite of it being Webb.

Webb doesn't bottle it in the tough games...thats why Ferguson picks him

• Like 1

Look on the bright side B...... its not numb nuts Chris Foy!!!

Yeah. Could have been worse.

Interesting to see how your defense copes with the Newcastle front three.Definitely a bigger test than we gave you!

It will be hard, of that there is no doubt. I think they have only lost 2 at home all season.

Popping two past that Chelsea defence is no mean feat. Aye it will be a tough match!

Voted the best goal by the public in 20 years of the Premier League

Lucky goal.

When I first saw it I thought it was unbelievable, but then I listened to Joe Hart talking about it.

Comes off his shin!!

Still looks good, but shouldnt be goal of the season.

Lucky goal.

When I first saw it I thought it was unbelievable, but then I listened to Joe Hart talking about it.

Comes off his shin!!

Jack it isn't goal of the season .......it is the goal of 20 seasons tongue.png

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed embedded Video in reply

Lucky goal.

Comes off his shin!!

And a miss hit!

Edited by mrbojangles
Removed embedded Video in reply

Lucky goal.

Comes off his shin!!

And a miss hit!

Yeah. Maybe the same as MrReds miss hit thread. Pretty sure that should go in the United thread, not in the City one. Or maybe I'll gather footage of all of the goals we've put passed them this year and post it in theirs. Be warned though, it could be quite a long video smile.png

And a miss hit!

there have been better goals than rooney's in the last 20 days never mind 20 years. pretty laughable.

Absolutely. Actually, I'd like to see the link to this claim and see what comic book series voted for it. It was probably that idiotic Republic of Mancunia (or whatever it's called) site.