Manchester City

mrbojangles

From skysports:-

Sven seeks away solution

City boss not disappointed by results on travels

City have enjoyed an excellent start to the campaign under Eriksson and boast a 100 per cent home record in the Premier League.

But on their travels, City have won just once in seven matches - against West Ham United on the opening day of the season.

The 1-1 draw at Wigan Athletic on Saturday was the sixth game without a win and Eriksson is keen to come up with a solution before this weekend's trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

The City boss accepts 'something is missing' in his team's away displays, but is not disappointed by the situation.

"I feel something is missing and that we will have to talk about it again and see if we can find the answer before next week," Eriksson told the Manchester Evening News.

"I am not frustrated or disappointed because we have a young team. I just feel in the future, we may be better.

"We are braver and more positive when we play at home than when we are away. We must try to throw that away in future."

I hear what you are saying MR Bo with regards to Anelka however he IMO is the most talented of players being linked to us and i think perhaps he is at last beginning to mature,so for me i would love to see his silky skills once again at City.With regards to Wigan im sorry to report i thought we were CRAP and did,nt even deserve a draw and its worrying that the first game Elano does,nt play we look devoid of ideas.Equally worrying is that Hamann is suspended for the next game.I actually thnk we are missing Michael Johnston and we look more balance when he is playing.

Edited by totlanh

From the City web site

Man City Reserves to play Thai national side

Manchester City are delighted to announce that the Thailand national team will play a City reserve side this month.

The game will take place on Sunday December 16th at the Manchester Regional Arena – formerly the Regional Athletics Arena – at 1.00pm.

Thailand recently went through to the next stage of qualification for the 2010 World Cup from the Asia zone when they beat Yemen in Bangkok.

I've just finished watching tiger up close with Jason McAteer hosted by John Dykes. It's a great show and well worth watching , Dykes has various football celebrities on every week and picks their brains .

The reason I'm posting this on the Man City thread is that next week the special guest is none other than Doc Thaxsin :D:o .

It will be quite an interesting half hour I'm sure and for the Man City lads who aren't in LOS I'll make sure I'll give a review of the episode :D .

I've just finished watching tiger up close with Jason McAteer hosted by John Dykes. It's a great show and well worth watching , Dykes has various football celebrities on every week and picks their brains .

The reason I'm posting this on the Man City thread is that next week the special guest is none other than Doc Thaxsin :D:o .

It will be quite an interesting half hour I'm sure and for the Man City lads who aren't in LOS I'll make sure I'll give a review of the episode :D .

Whens it on Scouse?

Whens it on Scouse?

Should be on Friday night 7pm, will be interesting to see if we get the red outage screen up.

Whens it on Scouse?

Should be on Friday night 7pm, will be interesting to see if we get the red outage screen up.

Have they been doing that, whenever Frank has been on?

When i was over a couple of months ago and watching City, they would show shots of Thaksin watching the match. I suppose letting him talk on air is a different matter

Whens it on Scouse?

When i was over a couple of months ago and watching City, they would show shots of Thaksin watching the match. I suppose letting him talk on air is a different matter

They have been showing him in the crowd etc, but I'm not sure how they will react to having him on TV speaking. I guess we will find out on Friday. Should be an interesting show.

From the City website:-

Keane ban confirmed

Spurs captain Robbie Keane will be suspended for both upcoming games against Manchester City, it was confirmed on Tuesday.

The Irish striker was sent off against Birmingham City on Sunday, and with his two-footed challenge earning him a straight red card he was handed an immediate three-match ban.

The White Hart Lane club launched an appeal, but the original decision by referee Phil Dowd has been upheld.

The two clubs face each other twice in just over a week this month, with the Blues travelling to north London this Sunday and then hosting Juande Ramos and his men for the Carling Cup quarter final on December 18th – Keane will also miss Spurs’ Premier League encounter against Portsmouth in-between.

Blues fans will be glad that Keane will not be appearing, not only is he Spurs’ top scorer this term but he has found the net against City once a season over the last four years.

From City's website:-

Johnson back in training

There’s better news on the injury front for City, with Sven-Goran Eriksson set to have more choice when it comes to team selection against Spurs this coming Sunday.

The Blues were reduced to two fit strikers to choose from for last Saturday’s game at Wigan, but the Manager has confirmed that two more forwards have returned from short-term absences at training.

He says, “Darius Vassell was back in full training on Tuesday, and so was Emile Mpenza, so to have four strikers to pick from again is very good for us.”

Didi Hamann will miss the trip to White Hart Lane through suspension, the German midfielder having reached five bookings for the season and incurring a one-match ban, but Eriksson should have Michael Johnson available, the teenager having recovered from last month’s abdominal surgery.

“Michael Johnson is also back in full training, as is Nedum Onuoha. In fact the only two not out there were Elano and Bojinov. :o

“Johnson looked fine out there, and I don’t think there will be any problems picking him even after the operation that he had,” Sven adds.

Whens it on Scouse?

At he end of last Fridays show they did show a 30 second " and on next weeks show ... " segment and Thaxsin wasn't censored.

As seen as only football will be discussed I'm sure they'll be no red outage screen :D ........ but you never know in LOS :D .

Eriksson - Don't rely on Elano

City boss wants players to cope without Brazilian

post-19542-1196932815_thumb.jpg

Sven-Goran Eriksson has warned his Manchester City side that they cannot always rely on Elano for inspiration.

The Brazilian has been the source of much of City's creative and incisive play following his £8million summer move from Shakhtar Donetsk, but is currently sidelined with a hamstring problem.

And with Eriksson's men, whose form on their travels is in stark contrast to their 100 per cent home record, facing a tough trip to Spurs on Sunday, Elano is again a doubt.

But the return to training of Michael Johnson following his groin operation gives the club further options in midfield, and he is expected to start at White Hart Lane in the absence of the suspended Didi Hamann.

Eriksson told the Manchester Evening News: "Darius Vassell, Emile Mpenza, and Michael Johnson all trained but we must wait another couple of days to see if Elano will make it or not.

"He has not trained with us this week and has a problem with his hamstring. I expect he will have another scan tomorrow or Friday and we will see how we go from there.

"If you look at all the goals this season then you must say that Elano is important to us. Between him and Petrov they have probably been involved in 80-85 per cent of the goals we have scored.

"But we have a lot of other good players and we cannot afford to stand or fall by whether Elano is there."

Former England boss Eriksson has held talks with his players over their problems on the road and is hoping for a change in fortune against Spurs.

He added: "There is something missing and we do not attack as much as we should do away from home. We have talked about it with the players and we all feel we should do better.

"We had one shot on goal in 90 minutes at Wigan and that is not good enough if we want to stay where we are in the table among the leading sides.

"Hopefully, there will be a response at White Hart Lane. It has nothing to do with the tactics because we are playing the same way away as we do at home and we have done well, very well, at home. I think it is inside the players' heads.

"We have to try to forget somehow that we are playing away and if we score on our travels we must not go back into our shells like we did at Wigan but instead look for a second one.

"We have Vassell and Mpenza back in training so now I have four strikers from which to choose on Sunday which is a good thing and Michael Johnson is back in training and I have no fears about him coming straight back without a warm-up match after his groin operation."

Dunne hails Eriksson influence

City skipper praise for change in style

post-19542-1196936889_thumb.jpg

Manchester City captain Richard Dunne has hailed the influence of manager Sven Goran Eriksson since his arrival at Eastlands.

The Swede took up the City reins in the summer after replacing former boss Stuart Pearce and he has guided the club to fifth in the Premier League.

And Dunne believes the secret to success is the change in philosophy that Eriksson has brought to City in comparison with Pearce and his predecessor Kevin Keegan.

"It is the complete opposite in terms of training ideas and preparing for matches," Dunne told the Manchester Evening News.

"Stuart Pearce when he was in charge and Kevin Keegan before him were more about the passion and the intensity of the Premier League where as Sven has brought a more experienced European view of things.

"His success is based on one thing only and that is keeping the ball. That is what all our training has been based around.

"Things have been very different from last season simply because of the way things have gone in terms of results. I think the start to the season has put the pride back into the supporters.

"Around the training ground everyone is happy going into work and that is the way the manager operates, he just wants everyone to relax and enjoy their work and themselves."

Dunne also expects Eriksson to be busy in the January transfer window as he looks to bolster his squad in a bid to maintain City's place in the European qualification places.

However, Dunne believes Eriksson will be keen to maintain the current team spirit that exists at City.

"I know the manager feels that it is important that any signings he makes in the next window will fit in with the character of the current squad and be part of the group," Dunne added.

"He knows that you can sign the best player in the world but if he is not going to work hard and gel in with anyone else then it is not going to benefit the group."

<deleted> off O'Neill, don't you slag King Sven. From the BBC:-

O'Neill slams meddling Sven

Mind your own business, Villa boss tells Swede

Martin O'Neill has hit out at Sven Goran Eriksson for touting his Aston Villa star Olof Mellberg to Juventus.

O'Neill has been trying to convince the defender to sign a new deal when his contract runs out in the summer, and is unhappy at the Manchester City boss' interference.

The Swede was quoted in the Italian media advising Juve to sign Mellberg, who arrived at Villa Park from Racing Santander in 2001.

"Recommending Olof to another club is surprising," O'Neill told the Daily Mirror.

"Maybe I should recommend some of his Manchester City players to Barcelona or Manchester United and see how he likes it.

"Olof has shown a fantastic attitude for us this season and of course I would like to keep all our best players.

"I was really surprised with what Sven has said because it's out of character for him to be speaking like that. I'm not sure he should be saying things like that about our player unless he is aiming to take him for his club."

Man City ponder swoop for Adriano

post-19542-1197045068_thumb.jpg

Manchester City chairman Thaksin Shinawatra has revealed they are pondering a move for Inter Milan's unsettled striker Adriano.

Thaksin told reporters in Hong Kong: "We're looking to see whether we'll do a swap deal or not.

"Adriano was a top player, but he lost form when his father died, and he put on weight. Now he's returning to form."

Thaksin also said City will target a midfield man as well as Inter's 25-year-old Brazil international.

He said: "Dietmar Hamman is getting old. We're looking at a new midfielder who we think will play very well with Elano. We're going to play in a classic style."

Thaksin refused to speculate on how much Eriksson would have to spend, saying: "I never talk to Sven about amounts.

"We'll probably have to sell some of our players and loan some of our players, and we will buy some new players or even loan some new players in this window.

"We're looking for one striker, one midfielder, and maybe a winger," he added.

Pre match review:-

Tottenham v Man City

post-19542-1197045274.gif

White Hart Lane

Sunday, 9 December

Kick-off: 1500 GMT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham full-backs Pascal Chimbonda and Young-Pyo Lee face late fitness tests after picking up knocks during the UEFA Cup clash against Anderlecht.

Striker Robbie Keane starts his three-match ban for his red card against Birmingham on 2 December.

Manchester City midfielder Elano is a doubt with a hamstring injury.

But midfielder Michael Johnson is back after abdominal surgery and striker Darius Vassell has been declared fit after a hamstring problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham (from): Robinson, Cerny, Chimbonda, Lee, Stalteri, Dawson, Kaboul, Zokora, Jenas, Huddlestone, Malbranque, Lennon, Bent, Berbatov, Defoe, Tainio, Boateng, Taarabt.

Man City (from): Isaksson, Hart, Corluka, Sun, Dunne, Richards, Garrido, Ball, Ireland, Johnson, Geovanni, Fernandes, Elano, Petrov, Mpenza, Bianchi, Vassell, Samaras.

Tottenham defender Paul Stalteri:

"It's a tough match and the two down the road after that (against Portsmouth and Arsenal) are also very difficult.

"City's start shows England that Sven knows a thing or two about football.

"It shows he has the experience, he knows what he wants and he has got his team playing really well.

Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson on dropping out of the top four for only the second time this season:

"I don't accept that we are now playing for fifth place, why should I do that?

"It is a big challenge to dislodge one of the favourites by the end of the season but I am not thinking about that just this Sunday's game at Tottenham.

"All we can do is take one game at a time and see what happens."

BIG-MATCH FACTS

Having qualified for the knock out stages of the Uefa Cup, Tottenham now prepare to meet Manchester City in a dress rehearsal for the Carling Cup quarter-final nine days later.

Tottenham have made their worst ever start to a Premier League season, and have gained only two wins to date; Manchester City have made their best start and are chasing a 10th victory.

Spurs have scored seven more goals than City but find themselves in the bottom five, while their opponents are in the top five.

The Londoners are yet to beat a top half club this season; the Citizens are yet to lose to a bottom half side.

Spurs have won their last six Premier League matches against Manchester City and are unbeaten in eight. Last season's corresponding fixture was their last game of the campaign when Spurs needed a point to secure Uefa Cup football, and in the event took all three to finish fifth.

From Skysports:-

Sven welcomes testing times

City boss says busy schedule will reveal plenty about his team

Sven Goran Eriksson has admitted Manchester City are about to head into the unknown after being hit with a number of injuries.

The former England manager has enjoyed a successful start to his life as Blues boss, steering them into a top five position for much of the campaign.

Since taking over as manager for the start of this season, Eriksson has urged caution and insists that he will know how good his team is once they have come through their first run of injuries.

Currently Eriksson is without Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov and defender Nedum Onuoha, and possibly first team regulars Elano and Emile Mpenza.

The growing list of injuries has come at a time when City are preparing for a busy Christmas period that includes games away at Tottenham and Aston Villa.

Eriksson believes the run of games will reveal plenty about how the team will fair at the end of the campaign.

"This period is an excellent one to see how good we are," he said.

"We have a lot of people at the club who are not used to playing so many games over Christmas and that is going to be a big test.

"Football is strange. Four or five months ago, everyone would have accepted a place in the top 10. Today is different.

"Maybe we feel different as well and feel as though we have the opportunity to do better. But let's see how we go on over the next few games and look at it after Christmas and the New Year."

Eriksson hopes his side can retain their current league position to attract high profile players when the transfer window opens in January.

Brazilian striker Adriano along with England's Michael Owen and Peter Crouch are all rumoured to be on Eriksson's wish-list, but his priority is maintaining their position.

"The progress we have made is excellent," he added. "But if you want a big player to join you, first of all they will look at where we are in the table and what is the chance of playing European football.

"That is important for them. They want to be on that stage. It is not enough for the biggest players just to play in the league. They want Europe as well."

Sven expects tough test at Tottenham

For the second game in a row City face a side under the helm of a recently installed manager when they take on Spurs this afternoon, and Sven-Goran Eriksson knows just how this can inspire a team.

Despite Juande Ramos having been in the managerial hotseat at White Hart Lane slightly longer than Steve Bruce at Wigan last week, his players are still trying to impress their new boss, something City's manager is familiar with himself from last summer.

“I’m sure it will be the same on Sunday,” Sven says on the comparisons from this week to last. “They lost to Birmingham, but they did well to get a point against Anderlecht in the UEFA Cup. I’m sure they are going to be 100% willing to win at home, and we think we know how they will play having now having had some home games under their new manager. They use different systems at times, I suppose they will start 4-4-2 but I don’t know for certain.”

On his opposite number Eriksson adds: “He’s a very good coach and manager, he showed that with Sevilla by taking them to the UEFA Cup Final twice and winning it both times. That was a fantastic achievement and I think he will do well at Spurs. They have been unlucky with injuries and once they get that right they are a team who will be very high up in the league.

“Football is not that easy that you can come in, change things and within a couple of weeks everything is beautiful – I wish it was that easy! Injuries have been their biggest problem this season, a lot of key players like Ledley King have been absent.”

Turning to his team, the Manager insists there is no problem in City’s goals coming from behind his strikers, and he also assesses a hectic few weeks ahead.

“There’s pressure on the whole team, not just the strikers. We’re playing against a big club at a good stadium, we’ll try our best but it’s not that important that the strikers score. Whoever scores is very welcome.

“This period is going to be a big, big test for us. I have said all along that we will need to use a lot of the players in the squad, and after this we will have a good idea of where we will end up in the league.”

Tottenham 2-1 Man City

By Owen Phillips

Spurs celebrate Chimbonda's controversial opener

Substitute Jermain Defoe grabbed a late goal to give Tottenham a crucial win.

Pascal Chimbonda gave the home side a controversial lead when he deflected the ball in with his arm from an offside position.

Substitute Rolando Bianchi headed Manchester City level when he powered in Martin Petrov's corner.

But Stephen Ireland was sent off for a disgraceful lunge on Young-Pyo Lee and Defoe crashed home the winner after Steed Malbranque's cross hit the post.

Interview: Tottenham assistant boss Gus Poyet

Interview: Man City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson

Spurs will feel it was a win they deserved after an impressive first-half display.

Darren Bent, preferred to Defoe up front, spurned two glorious opportunities to put them ahead in the opening 25 minutes.

606: DEBATE

It looks like Berba is back to his best form. Anyone else agree with me?

BERBO-NO1

The first chance saw the England striker denied by the on-rushing Andreas Isaksson after being sent clear by Berbatov's superb pass.

Bent then wastefully blazed a shot across goal after another delightful flicked pass from his Bulgarian strike partner.

Spurs were on top and took the lead seconds before half-time, but City were rightly livid that the goal was allowed to stand.

A hotly disputed Spurs free-kick on the left touchline was cleverly passed into the near post by Jermaine Jenas and Berbatov got in front of his marker to backflick the ball goalwards.

Chimbonda, who was stood in front of Isaksson, deflected the ball in from three yards with his arm.

Bemused City defenders crowded around referee Mark Halsey but the goal was given.

City, for all their neat football, once again looked toothless in attack.

Darius Vassell was often isolated up front and when the brittle Spurs defence backed off, City lacked the presence and creativity to find a way through.

I am not happy with the defeat but I am with how we behaved. If we play like this I don't think we will lose many games

Sven-Goran Eriksson

Their only telling shot on goal in the opening period came when Kelvin Etuhu, making his first Premier League start, showed good skills on the right wing, cut inside and blazed a shot into the side netting.

City bought Bianchi on soon after the restart and with the home side looking increasingly nervy the visitors drew level when the Italian raced to the near post and headed Petrov's vicious corner past Paul Robinson.

The visitors looked set for a rousing finale but all hopes of snatching a win in the final 10 minutes ended when Ireland was sent off for a terrible two-footed lunge on Lee.

Within seconds City were made to pay when Malbranque's cross evaded everyone and bounced back off the post to Defoe who crashed the ball home from eight yards.

Defoe had two more chances to seal the win but Spurs did not need the cushion of a third goal and held on for a win that ensured they were not sucked into the Premier League's relegation zone.

Tottenham assistant manager Gus Poyet:

"We needed this a lot after losing last week against Birmingham. It was a good game, very open and good for the supporters.

"Jermain's goal means a lot to everyone - especially to him.

"But all three subs did very well. It's not just about the 11 that start, it's about the whole squad."

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson:

"It was a bad result but we played one of our better away games. We were brave and tried to win. It was a very open game.

"I am not happy with the defeat but I am with how we behaved. If we play like this I don't think we will lose many games.

"I have no complaints about the red card. It was the right decision and we have to learn. Maybe their goal was offside, maybe it was handball but sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't."

:o

Sven reacts to defeat at White Hart Lane

Sven-Goran Eriksson was disappointed but not downcast with Sunday’s 2-1 defeat at White Hart Lane.

A controversial Chimbonda goal, which seemed to go in off the defender’s hand, was cancelled out by Rolando Bianchi’s thumping header at a corner on the hour. But the day went awry for City when Stephen Ireland was sent off for a two-footed tackle on Lee, and a minute later Defoe pounced to give Spurs the win.

Sven said: “We played well, we were positive, we tried to win and it was one of our better away games. But the negative is that we lost, and I don’t think we deserved to lose.

“Of course the red card was not good, from the bench I thought it was harsh but looking at it again we have no complaints at all. The referee made the right decision.

“We were braver today than we have been away before, and even with 10 men we tried to get people forward and score, but our mentality was right.”

Conceding the first goal just before the break was a blow, as the Manager added:

“It’s always hard going into a dressing room knowing you had done a good job until they scored in the last seconds. I think it was offside and there was a handball, but it is very difficult for the referee.

“We have to blame ourselves for the second, the ball was out on the right and we defended badly. But, it happens and we have a young team, and they will learn.”

A positive for Eriksson was that a youthful starting eleven, including Kelvin Etuhu making his first start, acquitted themselves well, which he feels bodes well for the future.

“Michael Johnson came back well and I thought Kelvin was good, it was a very big game for him with it being his first start. The future is ours, even if we lost today, the average age was about 22 and we had a couple of 19 year olds out there, so the future is bright.”

Sven warns Reds off star

Johnson has a big future - Eriksson

Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson has warned Liverpool off emerging midfielder Michael Johnson.

Reds manager Rafa Benitez is reported to be keen on the England Under 21 international, but Eriksson sees Johnson as vital to his on-going City revolution.

And the Swede joked that the only way Benitez could tempt him to part with his prized asset is to give him Steven Gerrard or sell Anfield.

Eriksson said: "I have heard rumours that Liverpool wanted to buy him. I have never asked Michael about that but he is very happy here.

"If Liverpool did come to buy him, they would have to sell their stadium first! Or swap him for Steven Gerrard... that's the only way he would go!

"But I don't think he wants to go anywhere. He has been playing every game for us apart from when he was injured, so I see no reason why he would want to go."

Eriksson added: "Michael is a very good player and he will be even better in the future. I'm also pretty sure that he'll play for England.

"He's already in the Under 21s and he has a big chance to be in the senior team.

"He is a little different to Gerrard - who bites a little more than Michael - but Johnson can score goals, pass, defend and run strongly.

"He's an all-round footballer with a fantastic temperament."

And Eriksson believes City fully deserve their current league position after an impressive start to the season.

He said: "If you'd have told me in August we would be so high in the table and staying there, I would have been surprised, but not now.

"If you look at the games we have played so far we haven't been stealing points.

"Maybe we were a little bit lucky against Manchester United because they could have scored, but I think in other games we could have done better.

"Overall, though, I think we are in the right place, one we deserve."

So then , the Frank interview went like this :

First of talked about how much he loved football as a kid and how he played a lot :D .

Then about thai peoples love of the english premiership and most notably of Liverpool and some other team in Manchester.

He claims that before he bought Man City there were only 1200 City fans in LOS but because of his purchase of the club there is now over a million and you can now see the blue shirts of manchester on the streets of Thailand .......... " but most of them are copycat " .

A few more quotes from the show from Doc Tac

" he may not fit he 34 but he's smart " ......... talking about ( Liverpool legend :bah: ) Didi Hamann

" Elano is good player in free kick "

" don't forget thailand , Man City v Liverpool 29 december " ........... a shameless plug :D .

Hope this is true, we miss him. From City's website:-

Elano could feature against Bolton

There is some better news for City fans to come out of the 2-1 defeat to Spurs yesterday, as Sven-Goran Eriksson says that Elano will resume training this week.

The Brazilian playmaker has been sidelined since pulling a hamstring in training just before the game at Wigan.

With Stephen Ireland suspended for three games following his red card at White Hart Lane, the Manager needs as many to choose from as possible, and of City's top scorer he said: “Elano will, almost for sure, be fit for Saturday. The plan is that when we return to training on Tuesday he will be practising with us once again.”

Good news. From City's web site:-

Boss set to select from full hand

Thoughts are already turning to this Saturday’s visit of Bolton Wanderers, and Sven-Goran Eriksson has confirmed he looks set to have a full hand to choose from.

The Blues will face a Trotters side revitalised since the arrival of former City midfielder Gary Megson at the helm in October, but Eriksson has confirmed that he has no extra injury worries and that, as anticipated, Elano has resumed training.

“It will be another tough one this weekend, especially with Bolton having won 4-1 on Sunday,” he says. “What is positive for me is that everyone, except for Bojinov of course, was back in training on Tuesday. Elano is back working with us again, and that’s also very good.

“Obviously it’s great to have him back, he’s very important for us. What’s also good is that he has a full week of training before the game on Saturday, and he will be OK for that.”

After the defeat at White Hart Lane on Sunday, the Manager is looking forward to the chance to extend the excellent run at home, with eight straight league wins and just three goals conceded.

“We’re looking forward to playing at home in front of our own fans, although there were a lot of our fans at Tottenham on Sunday, and I thank them for being there. It would be good to keep this unbeaten run at home going, and we are doing everything we can to do that. Even in the defeat on Sunday, our spirit was good and the players know that they played well.”

Mr Bo

What is your take on the Bianchi situation?Certainly the few times i have seen him play he has looked sheer class.I suspect there must be somethng going on behind the scenes and there are rumours of him having a poor attitude in training.Anyhow i really hope he starts against Bolton but i have a feeling he wont and we will be back with mpenze