Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

It's a good way of giving game time to the youngsters Peter

Come on now BJ......... do City ever give there youngsters a chance.......:whistling:

Edited by petermik

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Come on now BJ......... do City ever give there youngsters a chance.......:whistling:

Yes. However, I would like to see them given more opportunities but the pressure is on all managers to get results in the major comps and so it only really leaves tin pot comps like the league cup where you can give them a chance. Let's be honest Peter, if you hadn't have had so many injuries a couple of seasons ago, Rashford may still be waiting for his chance

On 8/25/2017 at 4:24 AM, mrbojangles said:

Yes. However, I would like to see them given more opportunities but the pressure is on all managers to get results in the major comps and so it only really leaves tin pot comps like the league cup where you can give them a chance. Let's be honest Peter, if you hadn't have had so many injuries a couple of seasons ago, Rashford may still be waiting for his chance

ifs buts and maybe,s.............p.s.  any sign of Yingluck in your neck of the woods BJ?

:offtopic:

Man City player Kyle Walker victim of a SECOND refereeing error

Official Bobby Madley got his decision badly wrong on Monday but compounded it with another mistake

Bobby Madley has paid a price for his inept refereeing performance at Manchester City on Monday night.

The Yorkshire official has gone from being the man in the middle in a televised, high-profile game to being named as fourth official for Watford versus Brighton on Saturday.

In what appears to be a clear slap on the wrist for a display which saw him red-card both Kyle Walker and Morgan Schneiderlin – one terrible decision and one borderline – Madley has been taken out of the limelight.

And yet the men who suffered the injustice of his aberration will STILL have to serve their one-match suspensions, Walker missing the trip to Bournemouth and Schneiderlin out of Everton's game with Chelsea on Sunday.

The FA's disciplinary rules continue to be a shambles, with the two clubs unable to appeal the red cards as they were both second yellows – and yellow cards cannot be appealed, unlike straight reds.

The exception to that rule is in a case of simulation, under the rules introduced this season in a bid to eradicate diving.

Which is fine, and seeks to redress the injustice of having a player sent off because an opponent cheated – but why should it be the only exception?

Why should a player wrongly sent off for a perfectly legal tackle which earned a second yellow card, not be treated the same way as one who got the same treatment because an opponent dived?

It seems the more the FA try to extricate themselves from these messes, the deeper into the mire they go.

What makes it even more ludicrous, in this case, is that Walker was presumably given a second yellow because Madley thought he had elbowed Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

If Madley thought that, he should have produced a straight red card, for violent conduct, rather than a second yellow.

By making it a second yellow, Madley made, as former referee Graham Poll said this week in his newspaper column “a total mess of it”. And if it HAD been a straight red, Walker could have appealed it, and – unless the appeal panel was made up of Stevie Wonder, David Blunkett and Arsene Wenger – he would undoubtedly have won his case, and been free to play at Bournemouth.

So Madley cocked up twice, badly, and is punished, but Walker – despite his innocence being clear – still has to serve HIS punishment.

In any other walk of life, like a criminal court or a headmaster's office, such calculated stupidity would not be tolerated.

It is astonishing that Walker had played 198 games for Tottenham without receiving a red card – and now, 134 minutes into his City career, he has one.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Man City player Kyle Walker victim of a SECOND refereeing error

Official Bobby Madley got his decision badly wrong on Monday but compounded it with another mistake

Bobby Madley has paid a price for his inept refereeing performance at Manchester City on Monday night.

The Yorkshire official has gone from being the man in the middle in a televised, high-profile game to being named as fourth official for Watford versus Brighton on Saturday.

In what appears to be a clear slap on the wrist for a display which saw him red-card both Kyle Walker and Morgan Schneiderlin – one terrible decision and one borderline – Madley has been taken out of the limelight.

And yet the men who suffered the injustice of his aberration will STILL have to serve their one-match suspensions, Walker missing the trip to Bournemouth and Schneiderlin out of Everton's game with Chelsea on Sunday.

The FA's disciplinary rules continue to be a shambles, with the two clubs unable to appeal the red cards as they were both second yellows – and yellow cards cannot be appealed, unlike straight reds.

The exception to that rule is in a case of simulation, under the rules introduced this season in a bid to eradicate diving.

Which is fine, and seeks to redress the injustice of having a player sent off because an opponent cheated – but why should it be the only exception?

Why should a player wrongly sent off for a perfectly legal tackle which earned a second yellow card, not be treated the same way as one who got the same treatment because an opponent dived?

It seems the more the FA try to extricate themselves from these messes, the deeper into the mire they go.

What makes it even more ludicrous, in this case, is that Walker was presumably given a second yellow because Madley thought he had elbowed Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

If Madley thought that, he should have produced a straight red card, for violent conduct, rather than a second yellow.

By making it a second yellow, Madley made, as former referee Graham Poll said this week in his newspaper column “a total mess of it”. And if it HAD been a straight red, Walker could have appealed it, and – unless the appeal panel was made up of Stevie Wonder, David Blunkett and Arsene Wenger – he would undoubtedly have won his case, and been free to play at Bournemouth.

So Madley cocked up twice, badly, and is punished, but Walker – despite his innocence being clear – still has to serve HIS punishment.

In any other walk of life, like a criminal court or a headmaster's office, such calculated stupidity would not be tolerated.

It is astonishing that Walker had played 198 games for Tottenham without receiving a red card – and now, 134 minutes into his City career, he has one.

I think theres been too much focus on Walker here in so much as it was more about dreadful refereeing throughout the entire match.  That fact that it was Walker first career red in his first game for City is just pure irony.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I think theres been too much focus on Walker here in so much as it was more about dreadful refereeing throughout the entire match.  That fact that it was Walker first career red in his first game for City is just pure irony.

I don't know why BB's so bothered about Walker being sent off and missing a few games as he doesn't rate him anyway !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

I concur, the reffing was dire for both sides but I think for me, it shows that the appeal system is unfair.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I concur, the reffing was dire for both sides but I think for me, it shows that the appeal system is unfair.

I don't know the outcome of the appeal.  Surely it wasn't rejected?!!

23 minutes ago, carmine said:

Rarely does a ref' have a game where he and his assistants get everything 100% correct. Conversley they rarely get everything wrong. Sometimes we have to accept that things do not go our way; stop bitching, and just live with it.

Edited by owl sees all

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Rarely does a ref' have a game where he and his assistants get everything 100% correct. Conversley they rarely get everything wrong. Sometimes we have just got to accept that things do not go our way; stop bitching and just live with it.

Very true but in certain cases its just awful, the CL tie between Bayern and Real Madrid springs to mind.  I counted atleast nine blatantly dreadful decisions, coincidentally all favoring Madrid but theres another story!   The officials in the City game just had a shocker.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Very true but in certain cases its just awful, the CL tie between Bayern and Real Madrid springs to mind.  I counted atleast nine blatantly dreadful decisions, coincidentally all favoring Madrid.  The officials in the City game just had a shocker.

True enough but the world (or officials) are not out to treat us unfairly. The only two TVF football threads I have ever been on are City and Spurs so I could be wrong on this; but I reckon the supporters of other clubs have the same moans and groans about unfiar and unjust decisions.

Edited by owl sees all

17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

True enough but the world (or officials) are not out to treat us unfairly. The only two TVF football threads I have ever been on are City and Spurs so I could be wrong on this; but I reckon the supporters of other clubs have the same moans and groans about unfiar and unjust decisions.

Last season i remember Arsenal winning a couple of games, i believe against Burnley with two goals that were blatant handballs.....ofcourse Wenger didn't see this!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Last season i remember Arsenal winning a couple of games, i believe against Burnley with two goals that were blatant handballs.....ofcourse Wenger didn't see this!

I m glad you mentioned Arsene (did not see the incident) Wenger. A few years back they had one of the most blatant cheats in the history of the universe with Edwardo. He took diving and play-acting to a new level. Arsene DNSTI Wenger never saw any of his antics; ever!! They soon got shot of him though.

Edited by owl sees all

Awaiting Pep's choice of attacking talent is like awaiting a strawberry or banana sundae. You can't be much dissappointed.

Hoping to see Evans or another defender signed this week. Teams without a strong defensive spine rarely win titles.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Rarely does a ref' have a game where he and his assistants get everything 100% correct. Conversley they rarely get everything wrong. Sometimes we have to accept that things do not go our way; stop bitching, and just live with it.

Your saying that on the right thread, should re-name it the moaners thread :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Your saying that on the right thread, should re-name it the moaners thread :biggrin:

Given that the refs and their assistants are fair. I reckon we should accept poor decisions when they go in our favour and moan about those that go against us. And if all the clubs did that it would all even itself out over a season.

As for a new thread; I tried that and it only got five posts; and 4 were from me.

ALFREDO missing the point of the article and why I posted it "I don't know why BB's so bothered about Walker being sent off..."

MrBj getting the point of the article and why I posted it "it shows that the appeal system is unfair".

Maybe I should spell it out next time eh Alfie?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

ALFREDO missing the point of the article and why I posted it "I don't know why BB's so bothered about Walker being sent off..."

MrBj getting the point of the article and why I posted it "it shows that the appeal system is unfair".

Maybe I should spell it out next time eh Alfie?

I'm not missing the point of the article as i didn't even read it  :biggrin:

Stunning goal from Bournemouth; City rattled and rubbish. Silva crafts a beautiful for jesus to score and City dominate the rest of the game. Ake should have seen red for fouling jesus. Bournemouth unlucky to hit the post. Bournemouth lucky Otamendi hits the post. Frustration can't score. 77% possession. Mendy is built like Yaya. Sterling is rubbish, get him off i keep shouting. Sterling scores last minute, chaos and he sees red. Game finally ends 101st minute. Sterling man of the match (555).

Mike Dean missed a trick with Raheem Sterling - he should have blown for full time

KEITH HACKETT

"...My overall feeling is that the whole affair could and should have been handled better..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/mike-dean-missed-trick-raheem-sterling-should-have-blown-full/