Manchester City

mrbojangles

16 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Think it's difficult for any manager to manage the ego's of players nowadays ES.

Time will tell if we end up with him but we certainly won't be at the end of a long line.

that maybe so Mr B/J, but top draw managers of the past ,like the old Tyrant Fergie, Cloughie, and presently Mou and Conte etc etc do, so see no reason why  Pepe cannot do the same he had same    cattle     at   Barca  u     know, agree    time will tell,   but M/city were in pole position to secure Sanchez.s services,and like a few of C/seas t/f deals fell over for ??? and speculation now is rife Why???very difficult job these days for any club to wheel and deal in the T/F  market unless  u bow   to agents Bungs,which M/U have done(Pogba/Lukelu)at least to this point of time,to my knowledge,both our clubs have not stoop to gutter level of wheeling and dealing that M/U have done, but they are at desparado stages,to regain that top perch again,do hope any EPL  club prevent that from happening in the forseeble future,and lastly Mr B/J  perhaps not at the end of the line,but not at the top either,you have certainly lost a few places cobber:smile: have a nice day:smile:

12 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

that maybe so Mr B/J, but top draw managers of the past ,like the old Tyrant Fergie, Cloughie, and presently Mou and Conte etc etc do, so see no reason why  Pepe cannot do the same he had same    cattle     at   Barca  u     know

I wasn't saying Pepe can't manage their ego's E/S. He certainly showed Yaya who's the boss last year and he has showed regularly that he will drop anybody to the bench.

12 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

but M/city were in pole position to secure Sanchez.s services,and like a few of C/seas t/f deals fell over for ??? and speculation now is rife Why???

Don't know what speculation you refer to. I thought it was simply a matter of Arsenal failing to sign Thomas Lemar. If they'd have got him, they could afford to let Sanchez go. Now they'll lose million's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I wasn't saying Pepe can't manage their ego's E/S. He certainly showed Yaya who's the boss last year and he has showed regularly that he will drop anybody to the bench.

Don't know what speculation you refer to. I thought it was simply a matter of Arsenal failing to sign Thomas Lemar. If they'd have got him, they could afford to let Sanchez go. Now they'll lose million's

so that answers my first question that having a Gun Player such as Sanchez would not upset your dressing room,contrary to your initial thoughts that it would:smile:as for your views on the Sanchez T/F, just feel that it was  more then the Thomas Lemar deal falling through,theres  something further suspicious or wrong there as what they have done is absoulately  crazy,luv to be a fly on the wall on the deal:smile:one winner in this is Sanchez,can sit tight until next T/F window or mend the fences with Arsenal,the latter for mine is mission impossible,agree with you that Arsenal are the big losers ,what is gnawing at me, Wenger is no dope to let this happen,he with that 4by2 Totts chairman, are the biggest bean counters in the EPL,there,s a Smoking Gun somewhere Mr B/J:smile:thanks for a sensible discussion cobber, gallopping off for a lunch time graze,washed down by a few botts of Beer Lao Dark, its a good life if you don,t weaken:smile:

Edited by mrbojangles
Outdated phrase used

Just prepping you guys you know it comes from heart with me lads.

Bareback, your on home soil and the there is no where to hide. We are coming on the 9th to take all 3 points. ( How many bottles of whisky you got?  6? Best get shopping)

You can spend 500m but the heart will never resonate from the fans into that team. We will bring a few thousand and theyy will dampen your local lungs and of course, your teams weak spirit.

Done it recently we're gonna do you again. Liverpool four goals to the good. 

Our first top 6 tear up is on and you my sky blue barebacker will not be the victor. (Arsenal are clearly not T6)

Edited by Rc2702
Gay keypad

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Just prepping you guys you know it comes from heart with me lads.

Bareback, your on home soil and the there is no where to hide. We are coming on the 9th to take all 3 points. ( How many bottles of whisky you got?  6? Best get shopping)

You can spend 500m but the heart will never resonate from the fans into that team. We will bring a few thousand and theyy will dampen your local lungs and of course, your teams weak spirit.

Done it recently we're gonna do you again. Liverpool four goals to the good. 

Our first top 6 tear up is on and you my sky blue barebacker will not be the victor. (Arsenal are clearly not T6)

I predict you will be in hiding by late October. :post-4641-1156694572:

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I predict you will be in hiding by late October. :post-4641-1156694572:

Pal you cold not predict a winner between you and a paper bag so have another beer and come back to me when you learn how to type more than 15 words at once. Won't hold my breath on that one, 1 line warrior talk about adhd you forget who you claim to support. On top of that your from Luton!  Do me a favour.

23 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Pal you cold not predict a winner between you and a paper bag so have another beer and come back to me when you learn how to type more than 15 words at once. Won't hold my breath on that one, 1 line warrior talk about adhd you forget who you claim to support. On top of that your from Luton!  Do me a favour.

You disappeared last season so we'll just wait and see won't we?

Luton lol well I was on Carnaby St having my swim this morning but had to leave at 95 laps due to staff shortages... could be a few sides suffering the same by Xmas I'm thinking Chelski more than most but the mickeys look thin as well.

You disappeared last season so we'll just wait and see won't we?

Luton lol well I was on Carnaby St having my swim this morning but had to leave at 95 laps due to staff shortages... could be a few sides suffering the same by Xmas I'm thinking Chelski more than most but the mickeys look thin as well.

We done you though didn't we. I could not give a hoot if you were on sesame st mate. Look ronnie I know that collar is getting a bit tight so here's my thoughts on the short term of THFC. 3 wins at home by Christmas max. Everyone's up for it but Spurs, then the beauty of this transition is your new ground. This is clear cutgreat step forward financially but you will go back 3 years once poch gets the chance he craves. That will happen a lot sooner than you think and don't be surprised to see Conte out the door at chavs and your man installed. Take him out and you have underpaid top players without a leader and then the vultures will swarm. That's your season in a nutshell. January may be a record revenue month for spurs so not all bad and my guess, levy and Co will opt for a firesale and get back to the drawing board and get more cash for ground bill. The rise of spurs has happened at the worst possible time and that's a sad but accurate reflection of what's happening to your club. Wenger can steer such a ship it will only take 10 years and an fa cup will be yours.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

We done you though didn't we. I could not give a hoot if you were on sesame st mate. Look ronnie I know that collar is getting a bit tight so here's my thoughts on the short term of THFC. 3 wins at home by Christmas max. Everyone's up for it but Spurs, then the beauty of this transition is your new ground. This is clear cutgreat step forward financially but you will go back 3 years once poch gets the chance he craves. That will happen a lot sooner than you think and don't be surprised to see Conte out the door at chavs and your man installed. Take him out and you have underpaid top players without a leader and then the vultures will swarm. That's your season in a nutshell. January may be a record revenue month for spurs so not all bad and my guess, levy and Co will opt for a firesale and get back to the drawing board and get more cash for ground bill. The rise of spurs has happened at the worst possible time and that's a sad but accurate reflection of what's happening to your club. Wenger can steer such a ship it will only take 10 years and an fa cup will be yours.

The flaw in your plan is our chairman is a Tottenham fan and the owner a billionaire with no desire to sell.

Tottenham as is will still be as is in 5-10 years time....we might win trophies and we might not but there will be a steady stream of excellent talent rolling through our academy. :post-4641-1156694083:

17 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The flaw in your plan is our chairman is a Tottenham fan and the owner a billionaire with no desire to sell.

Tottenham as is will still be as is in 5-10 years time....we might win trophies and we might not but there will be a steady stream of excellent talent rolling through our academy. :post-4641-1156694083:

The cracks will appear once poch does one, one way traffic after he goes. Rest will follow. Your owner always has a price.

On 9/1/2017 at 8:00 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Jadon Sancho gone to Borussia Dortmund for a decent fee of at least £8m and a sell-on clause.

City bought him for 500k so decent profit on a decent prospect for somebody.

He didn't want to show up for us anymore we had to sell him. We wouldn't agree to selling to his preferred teams Arsenal and Spurs so he's been sold overseas.

So you bought him so others could not have him? And sold him to a foreign club for the same reason. How nice.

Good to see the biggest culprits of not giving youth a chance getting a bloody nose. The worst; Chelsea; lost 3 players this summer who are sick to death of seeing millions spent on players to keep them out of the first team. Messrs Ake, Solanki and Chalaboah should take a bow.

• Like 2

"So you bought him so others could not have him?"

Actually no we didn't. We bought him because he's an outstanding talent. We think he can go all the way. He unfortunately has decided he won't make it at City so stopped training. We therefore had to sell him...see earlier post for the rest.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Good to see the biggest culprits of not giving youth a chance getting a bloody nose. The worst; Chelsea; lost 3 players this summer who are sick to death of seeing millions spent on players to keep them out of the first team. Messrs Ake, Solanki and Chalaboah should take a bow.

Champs, yes it appears that way, but cobber there are two sides of the story on your post, and you  have given one:smile:

firstly the clubs  pay a nice and at times a princely sum etc etc ,to put them through their academy etc etc ,speaking of C/sea,s model of loaning then out to the wolves as everyone portrays,remember they have been coached to improve their skills or potential, from my experience they would also be  taught on  what  is expected of them ,to make the grade plus more importantly the real values of every day life,and the pitfalls which may lie ahead

as for C/sea,s being under attack for loaning out so many  young  players,thats a load of B/S

firstly they have been  paid X amount (or parents)been taught their chosen trade,surely they know  that   breaking into the top eleven at C/sea,are indeed very slim, but surely its comforting  to know that C/SEA will loan them out to other EPL clubs,or elsewhere,to continue in their  chosen trade,E/S at this point wishes to make Frank Lampard a stand out on my post defending C/SEA,S loaning out model , Lamps spent some time,doing the same at some lower division club before making the big time, manyothers have done the same :smile:its all about doing learning your trade and have lady luck on your side,and most players who come  through this way turn out to be role  model  professionals,such as Lamps and Stevie G from my top of the head,I its far from beening a slavery trade,, back in  Sydney my parents took in players to live  in their house who came from the bush on the same principles as C/SEA.S present model, some made it others did,nt ,a very fine line,between sucess or failure

a very nice morning to all

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

The cracks will appear once poch does one, one way traffic after he goes. Rest will follow. Your owner always has a price.

Cracks in the walls of our brand new stadium?

More likely to see that at Anfield. :clap2:

How's your new stadium plans coming along?

Another 25 years eh?

Cracks in the walls of our brand new stadium?

More likely to see that at Anfield. :clap2:

How's your new stadium plans coming along?

Another 25 years eh?

Stadiums should really be based on Decibels to scare the hell out of the opposition not gate receipts 

La Liga have asked UEFA to investigate City to see if they are in breach of Financial Fair Play rules. They think City; and PSG; have an unfair advantage because both are state owned entities. PSG are already under investigation.

6 minutes ago, champers said:

La Liga have asked UEFA to investigate City to see if they are in breach of Financial Fair Play rules. They think City; and PSG; have an unfair advantage because both are state owned entities. PSG are already under investigation.

Bit of a joke really.

Any club with more cash than another has an unfair advantage. :clap2:

1 hour ago, champers said:

Yeah, can't believe La Liga have the ghaul

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Bit of a joke really.

Any club with more cash than another has an unfair advantage. :clap2:

Must have been some unfair advantages with the cartels owning their teams too. Opposing players bricking it.

32 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Must have been some unfair advantages with the cartels owning their teams too. Opposing players bricking it.

Barcelona are owned by their fans; Real too I think.

I know Real have had "help" from the local authority.

Barca don't seem to spend really vast amounts of money. Messi cost nothing, Suarez and Neymar were pricey, but they have got a fair whack back for Neymar. They made a tidy profit when City bought Yaya.

Just now, champers said:

Barcelona are owned by their fans; Real too I think.

I know Real have had "help" from the local authority.

Barca don't seem to spend really vast amounts of money. Messi cost nothing, Suarez and Neymar were pricey, but they have got a fair whack back for Neymar. They made a tidy profit when City bought Yaya.

I'm pretty sure they flirted with the idea of being owned by the oilman way before city. 

Just now, champers said:

Qatar were Barca's shirt sponsors, but not anymore. They seem to have gone full throttle with PSG.

Ok Champers let's get some nous and don't sit on the fence unless you really mean it. Citeh v liverpool. How do you see this one going?

My main man bareback has all but answered by not answering. Geezers bricking it

I'm a neutral, so no axe to grind either way.

The international break makes it more difficult to predict what will happen. Still time for major players to get injured. City have more South Americans away than Liverpool, who have more Africans away than City.

Liverpool have steadily improved before the break; City have been less impressive and I think they are very predictable.

City 1, Liverpool 3.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

The international break makes it more difficult to predict what will happen. Still time for major players to get injured. City have more South Americans away than Liverpool, who have more Africans away than City.

Liverpool have steadily improved before the break; City have been less impressive and I think they are very predictable.

City 1, Liverpool 3.

The mickeys will either be superb or massively implode as usual.

Just now, champers said:

City 1, Liverpool 3.

I reckon the Citeh boys are gonna be hammered at home hardcore. Not sure these Citeh lads are gelling quickly enough and I'm thinking PG will be using that "give it time guys" speech to the press afterwards. 2-5. 

Manchester City won't be probed over spending despite La Liga complaint

Manchester City are not being investigated over Financial Fair Play rules following a complaint by La Liga.

The European governing body UEFA clarified its position on Monday afternoon after a statement from the Spanish league led to reports an official probe was being conducted.

That statement was made after La Liga wrote to UEFA to make a formal complaint about City and Paris Saint-Germain.

Full story:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11020098/manchester-city-wont-be-probed-over-spending-despite-la-liga-complaint

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Manchester City won't be probed over spending despite La Liga complaint

Manchester City are not being investigated over Financial Fair Play rules following a complaint by La Liga.

The European governing body UEFA clarified its position on Monday afternoon after a statement from the Spanish league led to reports an official probe was being conducted.

That statement was made after La Liga wrote to UEFA to make a formal complaint about City and Paris Saint-Germain.

Full story:- http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11020098/manchester-city-wont-be-probed-over-spending-despite-la-liga-complaint

Never mind mrboj you will still be bent over when I add my next plate of chips to your bill. :violin:

I'm actually glad you have stuck the finger up at those dodgy Spaniards....they don't like it up em!

Edited by RonniePickering22
Spelling whilst under the influence.

"£226m outlay on Bernardo Silva, Ederson, Danilo, Kyle Walker, and Benjamin Mendy. But City’s net spend was £133m as the club made a total £93m of sales as Wilfried Bony, Samir Nasri, Kelechi Iheanacho, Nolito, Fernando, Aaron Mooy, Aleksandar Kolarov, Jadon Sancho, Enes Unal and Oliver Ntcham all left for a fee. As FFP rules allow all clubs to make a £30m loss – add-ons are not factored in until triggered – and transfer prices are amortised over the course of a player’s contract, City would appear to have no concerns regarding any breach."