Manchester City

mrbojangles

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I reckon the Citeh boys are gonna be hammered at home hardcore. Not sure these Citeh lads are gelling quickly enough and I'm thinking PG will be using that "give it time guys" speech to the press afterwards. 2-5. 

Seven goal thriller eh; but only if you are a red.

I see Liverpool's all out attacking style resulting in some great matches. Best game last season; seven goals at Bournemouth v 'pool..

For me City are going to improve on what we have seen so far. So it's a City win 3-2.

Just now, owl sees all said:

Seven goal thriller eh; but only if you are a red.

I see Liverpool's all out attacking style resulting in some great matches. Best game last season; seven goals at Bournemouth v 'pool..

For me City are going to improve on what we have seen so far. So it's a City win 3-2.

I'm not sure OSA the defence looks more like a defence but still a work in progress. Your match winner in 2 games this season will maybe feel a bit uncertain after the press punted him as a makeweight added to the team he left I don't see him doing the biz and the record of Klopp's is tasty against top opposition so I don't think he's gonna take the foot off the gas so early on. Our lads just look tasty but maybe Solanke will feature as we may have players with fatigue from other obligations as will you.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Your match winner in 2 games this season will maybe feel a bit uncertain after the press punted him as a makeweight added to the team he left I don't see him doing the biz

If you are talking about Sterling, he won't be playing. He has a one match ban after his celebrations at Bournemouth.

It'll be an interesting game where both managers will go for it I reckon. Deffo won't be a 0-0 this one

• Like 1

Just now, mrbojangles said:

If you are talking about Sterling, he won't be playing. He has a one match ban after his celebrations at Bournemouth.

It'll be an interesting game where both managers will go for it I reckon. Deffo won't be a 0-0 this one

Oh yes so the match winner is not available. Probably for the best he has wilted against is before. 

"City have opened talks with David Silva about signing a new contract.The Spanish midfielder's deal doesn't run out until 2019 but discussions are taking place over him signing a one-year extension.Silva, who has plans to finish his career back home at Las Palmas, continues to play a pivotal role for City and revealed to Sportsmail in June that he wants to further extend his stay.A new contract until 2020 would take Silva to 34 and see him reach a decade at the Etihad Stadium.He is enjoying life under Pep Guardiola - the manager has leaned on the 31-year-old inside the City dressing room since his arrival last season.Silva only missed four Premier League games last term and has been deployed in a deeper role in the opening month of this campaign."

He missed only 4 Premier games last season = City's player of the season. Without him in the side we lack craft.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

City, Liverpool and Chelsea have all clubbed together to hire a private jet to bring home our Brazilian players. Jesus, Ederson, Ferdandinho, Coutinho, Firmino and Willian will all jump on the private jet straight after the match against Colombia tonight.

All of em will be bang on columbias finest. Maybe not coutinho I reckon he cried when he had his tatts done.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

City, Liverpool and Chelsea have all clubbed together to hire a private jet to bring home our Brazilian players. Jesus, Ederson, Ferdandinho, Coutinho, Firmino and Willian will all jump on the private jet straight after the match against Colombia tonight.

Well we will keep 'em crossed that they all get back unscathed.

Just now, owl sees all said:

Wager of the w/e. Both teams to score. Easy money!!!

I hate bankers I love the long odds. Had one last night in my simulation odds not real cash you understand but if it was it was £0.79 at 34000/1 just a bit of maths like you know what I mean. Course it never came off but I like a bit of the unexpected. Russian leagues great for a bit of 8th minute drama on the long ones. This one I see a lot of goals gotta be 7 in this both teams can't defend for sugar.

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yes 3-2.

4 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I hate bankers I love the long odds. Had one last night in my simulation odds not real cash you understand but if it was it was £0.79 at 34000/1 just a bit of maths like you know what I mean. Course it never came off but I like a bit of the unexpected. Russian leagues great for a bit of 8th minute drama on the long ones. This one I see a lot of goals gotta be 7 in this both teams can't defend for sugar.

Me too Rc. I've had a few up in the past but not this season yet!! Unlucky last week 9 up from 11 for 800 2 1.

The week before I came to Thailand for the very first time I came up on a 3k 2 1 acc.

Shame it's only make-out stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We must chat sometime.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes you both have shit defences. :clap2:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes you both have shit defences. :clap2:

We've only let 2 goals in (1 less than your mob) and against Everton we were down to 10 men.

TBH last year I would agree but we are looking more stable at the back with Vinny.

Doesn't mean I don't think there will be goals this weekend though

6 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We've only let 2 goals in (1 less than your mob) and against Everton we were down to 10 men.

TBH last year I would agree but we are looking more stable at the back with Vinny.

Doesn't mean I don't think there will be goals this weekend though

:cheesy:

Couldn't make this up, talking about goals conceded after 3 games, best to talk about it after 33 games !

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

:cheesy:

Couldn't make this up, talking about goals conceded after 3 games, best to talk about it after 33 games !

I was responding to Ronnie's quote about our defence. We've only played 3 games and so that is the only amount of games we have to go on at the moment. I will continue to talk about defence, goalkeeping, midfield, strikers, management, goals scored, goals conceded etc all the way through the season because it's about football and that's exactly what this forum is. I'm not going to wait until 33 games before I can respond to a post or discuss any football issues whatsoever.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh bit alli is starting to hit the headlines a bit aint he. That's knocking 10M off for a start that 

Must be a slow week.

When he starts attacking the crowd I will be concerned.

Anyway you'll all be too busy discussing what a brilliant player he is by May and wondering where to find the 200m quid to buy him. :post-4641-1156694572:

50 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I was responding to Ronnie's quote about our defence. We've only played 3 games and so that is the only amount of games we have to go on at the moment. I will continue to talk about defence, goalkeeping, midfield, strikers, management, goals scored, goals conceded etc all the way through the season because it's about football and that's exactly what this forum is. I'm not going to wait until 33 games before I can respond to a post or discuss any football issues whatsoever.

Here's a relevant issue.

Kompany has played in 25 games over the last two seasons.

When he gets injured those stats are going to get worse.....considerably worse.

50 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Here's a relevant issue.

Kompany has played in 25 games over the last two seasons.

When he gets injured those stats are going to get worse.....considerably worse.

We were all complaing last year about our defensive woes Ronnie. Without a doubt we miss Vinny when he's out but I am hopeful the muscle issues he had are in the past and any further injuries will be the normal run of the mill knocks. Also, since then we have added Danilo, Mendy and Walker, so we deffinately have better quality for him to play alongside with and as cover. Last year we were even having to try Fernandinho at the back!!

Don't know if I'm allowed to talk about that though, as we haven't yet played 33 games!!

9 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well no sympathy mrboj this year as you haven't really found a replacement for him.

Following his all clear from the medics, I don't think we were ever after a replacement Ronnie. I think we were merely after cover. I think almost every player gets injured at some time throughout a hectic season, we can only hope that if he does get injured it's nothing serious and he won't be out long. It is a gamble though and I confess to being not overly confident about it.

• Like 1

"Kompany has played in 25 games over the last two seasons. When he gets injured those stats are going to get worse.....considerably worse." Everybody knows how reliant were upon Vinny.

"Well no sympathy mrboj this year as you haven't really found a replacement for him."
I'm not sure we will find a replacement for him. He's not the defender of a few years ago but he has a presence which is vital to his teammates. Watch Otamendi with and without Kompany and you see the difference he brings.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

And i was responding to your school playground comment "  (1 less than your mob) "   anyway we'll see who's let the least  goals in at the end of the season when it really matter's :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

We were all complaing last year about our defensive woes Ronnie. Without a doubt we miss Vinny when he's out but I am hopeful the muscle issues he had are in the past and any further injuries will be the normal run of the mill knocks. Also, since then we have added Danilo, Mendy and Walker, so we deffinately have better quality for him to play alongside with and as cover. Last year we were even having to try Fernandinho at the back!!

Don't know if I'm allowed to talk about that though, as we haven't yet played 33 games!!

Are you saying that them 3 are cover for Kompany ? :shock1:

Just now, alfieconn said:

And i was responding to your school playground comment "  (1 less than your mob) "   anyway we'll see who let's the least  goals in at the end of the season when it really matter's :biggrin:

I think there will be a big difference after the weekend. Every goal against matters.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie: "Are you saying that them 3 are cover for Kompany ?".

Them 3, being Danilo, Mendy and Walker, all fullbacks. Pretty sure I've never seen Kompany in the fullback position ;-)

Having trouble reading again ? i said "cover for Kompany ", Kompany being a centre back, what has Kompany in the fullback position got to with it ?  

Edited by alfieconn

I knew Liverpool had a good record against the top teams but didn't realise it was this good. No doubt it'll be a hard game tomorrow

Liverpool have best win percentage against the top six clubs since Jurgen Klopp took charge

Under Klopp, Liverpool have won a table-topping 47 per cent of league games and claimed 33 points from 18 head-to-heads against Tottenham, Manchester City, Arsenal or Manchester United - only losing one fixture to United in January last year.

table1.JPG

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11021574/liverpool-have-best-win-percentage-against-the-top-six-clubs-since-jurgen-klopp-took-charge

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I knew Liverpool had a good record against the top teams but didn't realise it was this good. No doubt it'll be a hard game tomorrow

Liverpool have best win percentage against the top six clubs since Jurgen Klopp took charge

Under Klopp, Liverpool have won a table-topping 47 per cent of league games and claimed 33 points from 18 head-to-heads against Tottenham, Manchester City, Arsenal or Manchester United - only losing one fixture to United in January last year.

table1.JPG

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11021574/liverpool-have-best-win-percentage-against-the-top-six-clubs-since-jurgen-klopp-took-charge

Waving the white flag already. Tut tut but at least your keeping it real.