Manchester City

mrbojangles

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I request you once again to cut out the name calling and unpleasantness; it's not necessary for you to give us a Sir Les Patterson impression every day. Many thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.

and E/S request you to acknowledge my post of y/day(Skull Pepe)correctly and not go off in your normal tangents(Aquero) which is disturbing or trolling, got it Numps

20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I had a dream that we could have discussion's on here without resorting to name calling (different to banter). Alas, I don't think it will ever become a reality.

Banning the usual suspects will stop it...hopefully :whistling:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, evenstevens said:

and E/S request you to acknowledge my post of y/day(Skull Pepe)correctly and not go off in your normal tangents(Aquero) which is disturbing or trolling, got it Numps

Still not understanding your comments on Pep's HALFTIME BUST UP and Aguero's FULL TIME shindig, but the important thing is you're now clear that during the period of 72 to 78 CITY HAD THE BETTER OF CHELSEA. :laugh:

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Still not understanding your comments on Pep's HALFTIME BUST UP and Aguero's FULL TIME shindig, but the important thing is you're now clear that during the period of 72 to 78 CITY HAD THE BETTER OF CHELSEA. :laugh:

numps.go back to sleep

Changing the subject.

Looks like City are taking on United in the restaurant league now.

Pep, Txiki and Soriano are all investing in a new Catalan Restaurant called Tast Cuina Catalana on King St, run by Michelin Chef Paco Perez. However, it is going to be aimed at affordable prices

This restaurant will be competition to the Spanish Tapas restaurant called Tapeo and Wine which is backed by Juan Mata's father. 

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Changing the subject.

Pep, Txiki and Soriano are all investing in a new Catalan Restaurant called Tast Cuina Catalana on King St, run by Michelin Chef Paco Perez. However, it is going to be aimed at affordable prices

This restaurant will be competition to the Spanish Tapas restaurant called Tapeo and Wine which is backed by Juan Mata's father. 

I love Spanish food. Hungry just thinking about it. Unfortunately yet to find a decent Spanish restaurant on Koh Phangan / Samui. 

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I love Spanish food. Hungry just thinking about it. Unfortunately yet to find a decent Spanish restaurant on Koh Phangan / Samui. 

I love typical Spanish but not sure of the difference between Spanish and Catalan food. Apparently it is different but don't know by how much

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I love typical Spanish but not sure of the difference between Spanish and Catalan food. Apparently it is different but don't know by how much

Probably better if anything. I know the food / wine from Galicia, another northern region (Celta Vigo + Deportivo), is top notch. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:59 PM, RickG16 said:

I understand the situation, and the meeting won't happen. Perhaps as a City fan you fail to see the bare faced cheek that comes with requesting your own personal meeting with PL, as if you speak for every club. I'm sure PL clubs have the opportunities to bring up grievances with the PL, preferably with all of them there, without having to schedule their own special meeting. 

Talk about a club that's got too big for its boots!

And this is obviously just a PR move - they don't really think they will be granted a 'special audience' with the PL, it is just another channel for winging about the dangerous challenges. I agree, some of the tackles on city players have been bad recently, but recognise this latest move for what it is - a weak PR stunt. 

Regarding the meeting that "won't happen".:laugh:

City have "....been granted a meeting with the governing body of Premier League referees to discuss Pep Guardiola’s concern regarding tackles made against his players. The meeting, requested by the club, is expected to take place next month but it is unlikely the Professional Game Match Officials Limited will consider City’s wish for panels to retrospectively review questionable challenges dealt with by the referee during the game..."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/referees-body-manchester-city-concerns-tackles-premier-league

^^ You're late. MrBojangles already posted the rule 2 weeks ago: 

4- If still not satisfied or still have concerns ANY Manager/Club can arrange a meeting with PGMOL

And I acknowledged him at the time.

16 points clear and still trying to win little battles - tut tut. Just another City fan from Stockport with a small club mentality. 

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, mrbojangles said:

Changing the subject.

You may, or not, recall that the great Colin Bell used to have a restaurant in Whitefield in partnership with his former Bury team mate and then Burnley centre-half Colin Waldron. It was not very imaginatively called Bell and Waldron and was abruptly closed down by the council in the 70s for health concerns. Rats in the kitchen, if I recall correctly. UB40 made a song about it.

The motto of this story? Stick to your day job.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, mrbojangles said:

Changing the subject.

Is Lou Macari's chip shop still going?

"^^ You're late. MrBojangles already posted the rule 2 weeks ago..."

I know he did; I read it. But now the meeting is arranged thought I'd post.

So the refs rep will meet with City but unlikely for any retrospective action on incorrectly given yellows which warranted a red.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

21 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I know he did; I read it. But now the meeting is arranged thought I'd post.

So the refs rep will meet with City but unlikely for any retrospective action on incorrectly given yellows which warranted a red.

:cheesy: :cheesy: you live in a dreamworld trigg !

Edited by alfieconn

26 minutes ago, champers said:

You may, or not, recall that the great Colin Bell used to have a restaurant in Whitefield in partnership with his former Bury team mate and then Burnley centre-half Colin Waldron. It was not very imaginatively called Bell and Waldron and was abruptly closed down by the council in the 70s for health concerns. Rats in the kitchen, if I recall correctly. UB40 made a song about it.

The motto of this story? Stick to your day job.

Don't remember the Colin's restaurant but Rio Ferdinand also has (or had) one called Rosso on King St I think it was. Probably many more have investments in some as well. I think Simply Red/Mick Hucknell had/has one but can't remember if a United player invested with him

Money earns naff all in the bank, so I think it's fine to invest in something out of your normal core competence, as long as you can trust your partners/employees and be confident they know what they're doing 

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't remember the Colin's restaurant but Rio Ferdinand also has (or had) one called Rosso on King St I think it was. Probably many more have investments in some as well. I think Simply Red/Mick Hucknell had/has one but can't remember if a United player invested with him

Money earns naff all in the bank, so I think it's fine to invest in something out of your normal core competence, as long as you can trust your partners/employees and be confident they know what they're doing 

Opening a restaurant with "friends" who can make money off your name whilst robbing you blind at the same time is a bit old hat now, I think. Todays megastars use accountants to ferret away their money offshore or use tax dodging schemes like investing in forests in Scotland or film production.

The Class of 92 are very much into construction projects in the Manchester area, plus Salford City FC of course. Fair play to them for putting something back into local communities.

BTW, Lou Macari's chippy is near OT and was always jam packed on matchdays. None of your poncey foreign muck. If you wanted something exotic you could order a balti pie.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Opening a restaurant with "friends" who can make money off your name whilst robbing you blind at the same time is a bit old hat now, I think. Todays megastars use accountants to ferret away their money offshore or use tax dodging schemes like investing in forests in Scotland or film production.

The Class of 92 are very much into construction projects in the Manchester area, plus Salford City FC of course. Fair play to them for putting something back into local communities.

BTW, Lou Macari's chippy is near OT and was always jam packed on matchdays. None of your poncey foreign muck. If you wanted something exotic you could order a balti pie.

They've got that much money I think something like this place would be because they want a restaurant in town where they can eat top notch grub that they like. A place they can close for themselves, lock-in, turn up and get served etc. 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is there a point you want to make Ronnie? Or are we going to start posting links to stories of all ex players of every team? He doesn't play for City anymore, we sold the arrogant git, so doesn't warrant a mention on here really

Out of interest why is he arrogant? Don't know much about this kid but from the piece he sounds like a promising player. 

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is there a point you want to make Ronnie? Or are we going to start posting links to stories of all ex players of every team? He doesn't play for City anymore, we sold the arrogant git, so doesn't warrant a mention on here really

Left to further his career?

Please tell us about the arrogance....juicy!