The Thai smile a thing of wonder.

buhi

Bone structure.....or more to the point, skull structure -- and teeth. When a Thai opens their mouth they seem to automatically smile. Don't believe me ? Check them out for yourself

I think you may be in line for the "The Most Daft Post of the Year" award...........sad.png

I second that opinionclap2.gif

My wife told me when she was a kid her teacher appeared drunk at scool many times. Sometimes he was so drunk that he had to lay on the floor and the kids had to bring him wet towels to put on his head while he was laying on the floor.

Now that man lives very close to us and he has to babysit his grandchildren. He (and his wife) never ever leave the house, they watch tv all day and so do the kids.

Bone structure.....or more to the point, skull structure -- and teeth. When a Thai opens their mouth they seem to automatically smile. Don't believe me ? Check them out for yourself

The classical Thai smile is a developed survival ploy, dating back to the days when Siam was a country of about 1800 little tribal kingdoms. The smiling face, ensured that you never offended anyone, at a time in Thai history, when Thai people literally hacked each other to death, at the slightest provocation. Hence, the label The Land of 1,000 Smiles (faces).

It's always present & on display at our house....I worry when I don't see it........

Then I ask if she's upset about something - and compound the situation because she's not upset.....

Right oncheesy.gif

I just don't talk, learned the hard way. Very strange her grown up s____ head kids can do no wrong, very strange that.......sad.png

I think you may be in line for the "The Most Daft Post of the Year" award...........sad.png

Nothing to do with smiling, but I have long noticed that speaking Thai uses different muscles around the mouth than speaking English.

The shape of your mouth does change when you switch over from speaking predominantly English to speaking predominantly Thai.

But come on finnomick, that theory about Thais smiling automatically because of bone structure, that's just plain silly.

Edited by Gecko123

The shape of your mouth does change when you switch over from speaking predominantly English to speaking predominantly Thai.

That is true of many languages IMO. Japanese hold their mouths differently from Thais and you can often tell where they come from the way they look, even if they have not spoken.

• Like 1