Where to go on a family holiday in Pattaya?

Nadica

Think very carefully about Pattaya for a family holiday.

Its not a place for a family holiday with thousands of prostitutes in hundreds of bars and hotels.

Beaches and swimming is not safe or clean with many vendors approaching all day selling almost everything.

Noisy everywhere with violence sometimes with guns often reported.

They drive like maniacs with no footpaths to walk on.

I lived there for 13 years {because it took 8 years to sell my house} so my opinion is based on experience.

Far better to go to Klaeng about 30 kilometres beyond Rayong, beautiful beaches, seafood restaurants, safe

on the roads with no prostitutes touting for business.

With a car you can easily have a trip in to Pattaya to the many places to visit.

But its not a place to stay with a family on holiday.

I now live in Chiang Mai.

Read the news on Pattaya by searching thaivisa.com

Good luck where ever you go

I never saw any prostitutes inside the hotels

That's because you were wearing a blindfold

If you want to see one in a hotel, simply open your eyes and look around for a moment.

One will be there, somewhere.

Of course, some of them think they are NOT prostitutes but in fact most of them really are

OK fantasy man. Do you see dead people too?

I was waiting for the "most of them are Prostitutes" crap to start. rolleyes.gif

Be careful as apparently there are females who go to hotels with men on Koh Samet as well.

Listen guys, as long as there is demand there will be a supply. Sorry that we are getting out of the topic. I've lived in Thailand and I know more or less what to expect.

Anyway, can anyone tell me about the ferry to Koh Samet? What is the company? Do they have web site?

Peace smile.png

Listen guys, as long as there is demand there will be a supply. Im sorry we're getting out of the topic.. I've lived in Thailand and I know more or less what to expect.

Anyway can anyone tell me about the ferry to Koh Samet? What is the company? Do they have web site?

Peace smile.png

Listen guys, as long as there is demand there will be a supply. Im sorry we're getting out of the topic.. I've lived in Thailand and I know more or less what to expect.

Anyway can anyone tell me about the ferry to Koh Samet? What is the company? Do they have web site?

Peace smile.png

Glad that you're not phased by the negative comments here, While I think you need to find the right hotel in Pattaya and not just anywhere I can see lots of reasons why your kids could enjoy the place also, there are several attractions for kids a taxi ride away and your not going to see anything untoward in hotels or for that matter on the beach or Beach Rd etc (daytime anyway).

As for the ferry try http://kohsamet.biz/ferryboat.html, http://www.kosamet.net/ & http://www.ban-phe.com/ban_phe_pier.html.

Koh Samet can be dear though and also as its a small island maybe only a few nights would be enough.

Koh Chang maybe another option?

smile.png

Edited by davethailand
  • Like 1

Well firstly I would say some where else but since your heart set on it try Asia hotel up on cliff over looking the water just south enough from walking street so kids aren't exposed to the riff raff plus has pool and staircase down to private beach area.

The Woodland Resort in North Pattaya is a hotel designed for families. I have stayed there many times since it opened around 30 years ago. It is designed with a lot of gardens and two swimming pools(0ne for young chiildren. I have taken my children there from the time they were born as there is a baby sitting service so you can go out at night with your wife. There is an excellent French Restaurant(La Ferme) and Pattiseri/Coffee Shop(La Baquette) at the front of the hotel which is very popular.

http://www.woodland-resort.com/

Off topic posts removed, the topic is:

Where to go on a family holiday in Pattaya?

Not: 'WHY would you decide to take your children on a holiday to Pattaya' or something similar

I was waiting for the "most of them are Prostitutes" crap to start. rolleyes.gif

Be careful as apparently there are females who go to hotels with men on Koh Samet as well.

Listen guys, as long as there is demand there will be a supply. Sorry that we are getting out of the topic. I've lived in Thailand and I know more or less what to expect.

Anyway, can anyone tell me about the ferry to Koh Samet? What is the company? Do they have web site?

Peace smile.png

I would not recommend Koh Samet, beaches are ok but that is about all. The accommodation is overpriced even in the low season. We paid 1200 a night for what would have been 400 in Pattaya. We went over on the ferry, not very pleasant and it cost me 400 baht when I landed for the national park, it was 40 baht for my wife. We came back by speedboat. If you go, best to go over by speedboat and they will normally take you to the hotel and avoid the NP charge.

I would suggest that you look at Bang Saen, long beach and quite a selection of activities for children. Plenty of decent accommodation and restaurants. Easy access to the local transport so many of the Pattaya attractions are within reach.

It is far more of a family resort than Pattaya or the islands.

• Like 1

Its not a place for a family holiday with thousands of prostitutes in hundreds of bars and hotels.

Beaches and swimming is not safe or clean with many vendors approaching all day selling almost everything.

I lived there for 13 years {because it took 8 years to sell my house} so my opinion is based on experience.

Far better to go to Klaeng about 30 kilometres beyond Rayong, beautiful beaches, seafood restaurants, safe

With a car you can easily have a trip in to Pattaya to the many places to visit.

Agreed. IMO Pattaya is NOT, NOT, NOT a family destination.

I don't even know why you would think so, unless you have been reading the propaganda in some travel agent magazines.

Pattaya is for big boys to have some adult fun, not for children.

Jomptien or Naklua is as close as you want to get to Pattaya.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

No prostitutes or bar girls/katoys in Chiang Mai mmmmmmmmmmmmm i see.

Please read the ENTIRE thread.

The OP knows all about Pattaya's less wholesome aspects.

The OP isn't seeking counsel on the aforementioned or advice on raising his kids

His kids want to have fun by the sea and he wants to have fun with his kids by the sea.

Thanks to all those WHO LIVE HERE and their great suggestions down towards Ban Amphur and around Naklua.

For those that used to live here, have lost their <deleted>, can't see the coconuts for the prostitutes wood for the trees or for any other reason now chose to live in an ivory tower somewhere up north or back home, don't even bother to post. Please!

Thanks to the Mods in kicking the more virulent Pattaya bashers into touch already.

His kids want to have fun by the sea and he wants to have fun with his kids by the sea.

Pattaya is the LAST place I'd go to have "fun by the sea"- the beach is rubbish.

Whenever I wanted to have a nice day by the sea I'd go to Jomptien or Wong Duan.

The OP isn't seeking counsel on the aforementioned or advice on raising his kids

Thanks to all those WHO LIVE HERE and their great suggestions down towards Ban Amphur and around Naklua.

For those that used to live here, have lost their <deleted>, can't see the coconuts for the prostitutes wood for the trees or for any other reason now chose to live in an ivory tower somewhere up north or back home, don't even bother to post. Please!

Thanks to the Mods in kicking the more virulent Pattaya bashers into touch already.

Pattaya is the LAST place I'd go to have "fun by the sea"- the beach is rubbish.

Whenever I wanted to have a nice day by the sea I'd go to Jomptien or Wong Duan.

If you can only stop your rabid anti-Pattaya foaming at the mouth and READ ALL THE ADVICE given so far, you will see that Jomtien, Naklua, Ban Amphur and Ban Saray have all been highly recommended. This advice has been offered by people who mostly still live here, know all about the crap main beach and don't have a phobia for hookers and sexpats either.

Pattaya is a fairly generic term for a whole chunk of the coastline. Get over it.

• Like 2

If you can only stop your rabid anti-Pattaya foaming at the mouth and READ ALL THE ADVICE given so far, you will see that Jomtien, Naklua, Ban Amphur and Ban Saray have all been highly recommended. This advice has been offered by people who mostly still live here, know all about the crap main beach and don't have a phobia for hookers and sexpats either.

Pattaya is a fairly generic term for a whole chunk of the coastline. Get over it.

If you can only stop your rabid anti-Pattaya foaming at the mouth

Are you drunk? I love Pattaya. It's families I don't want to see spoiling the place.

No prostitutes or bar girls/katoys in Chiang Mai mmmmmmmmmmmmm i see.

There is no comparison between the C M bar scene and Pattaya. It seems to be restricted to a very small street that has traffic driving down it. No Walking Street equivalent there.

It's so bad, I have never bothered going.