Uk t.v.

bigwhitewarrior

Having bought a smart t.v. yesterday it doesn't seem to be such a smart t.v. or maybe it's me.. ;-) how can I get uk tv or German or italian tv in thailand ? Do they have free view boxes or do I need a special arial?

The appartment we rent only has 20 thai channels and although this is great and even better for learning thai I would like to access European channels too. If any of you know a way how I can do this please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

i have been looking into buying one of these so called smart tv,s myself ii think from my inquiries you connect to the internet either cable or from a wireless router then you can access bbc i player or itv player and watch uk tv for free

otherwise sign up with say UK TV and pay for internet viewing service basically you need to connect to the internet using your smart tv

This is what I've done as we have 20mg download speed here for free..so I guess I just got to figure out where BBC 1 player is.. ;-)

www.thaiexpat.tv

This will sort you out

This is what I use. Its about 9000 baht for a year and as long as you have decent internet speed its all good.

I seem to recall bbc iplayer cannot be used from Thailand. Or I might have dreamed it.

Yes just checked the bbc iplayer website. Cannot be used to download outside Of the UK.

Edited by bertty

It depends what Smart TV model you brought. In most cases Smart is a misnomer e.g.Samsung only allow you to run their own apps on the operating system of the TV which is also likely set up for Thailand region (but this can be changed). You can buy an external computer (Android boxes are common, cheaper and much "smarter") to run whatever media streaming apps you want through the HDMI port of the Smart TV. ThaiExpat TV, as mentioned above, is a good app to run off the Android box to get started.

This is what I've done as we have 20mg download speed here for free..so I guess I just got to figure out where BBC 1 player is.. ;-)

www.thaiexpat.tv

This will sort you out

This is what I use. Its about 9000 baht for a year and as long as you have decent internet speed its all good.

I seem to recall bbc iplayer cannot be used from Thailand. Or I might have dreamed it.

Yes just checked the bbc iplayer website. Cannot be used to download outside Of the UK.

600 baht per month for the standard UK package.

Edited by alfieconn

You can use BBC I player outside UK no problem ...All you have to so is get a vpn on your Android phone and select the country ..like uk...now your android thinks you are in uk and you have access to the Internet as if in uk..

so true now bobs your unk try zen mate for free

We got the LG HD 32 inch model with a smart remote and 3 d glasses.. I have been told that if u change country on the setting to uk then I fool the t.v. and apparently can watch uk t.v...I will try tonight and update on here.

I don't think it will work.

All it might do, is allow you to have the UK apps (which will probably include BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, and 4OD) on your screen. As soon as you try to use them, you will get a

message saying something like "not available in your country".

As others have said, you will need to fool it into thinking you are still in UK. For that you need a VPN or unblock us.

Oh. While we are talking tv, can anyone give me an invite for i likeHD please? Tried to register today, but they ask for a reference.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1