Weekend Ride

dave_boo

I know it's a bit late, but would anybody be up for a weekend ride?

Was planning on going up to Nan. Kinda wanted to leave on a Friday late afternoon to allow those who work to be able to join. We'll overnight in Nong Bua on Friday, head out early on Saturday up to Phitsanulok, cut between Klong Tron and Lam Nam Nan national forests until we get to the ferry. Cross over and ride those crazy roads to Phrae where we'll overnight. On Sunday a fairly mundane ride back to Bangkok. Projected distances covered are 241km on Friday evening, 470.2km on Saturday (the fewer the better...and I promise to take pictures this time!) and Sunday about 580km.

I've roughed out a map; please express any interest here. Thanks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can't this time Dave. Now sitting at Suvarnabhumi, waiting to catch a flight to Singapore. Won't be back till Saturday.

Damn it Jim!

Maybe next time.

Sounds like a nice trip, but a little short notice.

Yes short notice; apologies about that.

Can I count you in? biggrin.png

Unfortunately not, I am booked out for the whole weekend.

Sorry about that.

man, sounds like a lot of fun and a great route.

But very busy nowadays.'

barely find time to even for a spirited ride around the block:(

Maybe next time.

For the car I can agree but u want it to be ur music too hahahah...

Dave I seem to be able to join for this second adventure.

Great!

Edited by dave_boo

surely easier to go in the car ??

air con on, bit of King's X on the CD player and rent a scooter when you get there.....

So you came onto a bike forum to advise riders to go by car?
I took it as a gentle ribbing...especially considering the band recommended...and considering the monsoon my last ride ran into not that bad of a suggestion.

I hate riding in the rain but that's the trade off for living in a tropical country with some great biking roads.

Getting wet is okay as long as the wetness stays on your extremities as they'll dry out on the ride but once the water hits your groin area, it's all over. That'll stay wet throughout the ride.

• Like 1

I hate riding in the rain but that's the trade off for living in a tropical country with some great biking roads.

Getting wet is okay as long as the wetness stays on your extremities as they'll dry out on the ride but once the water hits your groin area, it's all over. That'll stay wet throughout the ride.

hate that, all get dry with the wind apart from underwear. it never dries!

Simple, don't wear underwear (or a mini tanga g-ting made of polyester).

I don't care driving in the rain but then i would like to have wipers on my helmet.

Simple, don't wear underwear (or a mini tanga g-ting made of polyester).

I don't care driving in the rain but then i would like to have wipers on my helmet.

so, is this advice come from real experience?biggrin.png

Let the joke aside, there are some water repellent sprays for helmet visors that makes the water slide down so you can use them in the rain.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

so, is this advice come from real experience?biggrin.png

Let the joke aside, there are some water repellent sprays for helmet visors that makes the water slide down so you can use them in the rain.

Going commando can cause rashes. Better to use some sport shorts, a la goretex material that wicks sweat away and blocks water from entering.

I use a suspension of Lux White Impress (old lady's shower gel) in plain water for my face shield. With my helmet came a mini spray bottle and micro fibre towel. Mist down the shield and polish with towel until it's nice and clear. Water just sheets off.

The problem I have is the chin curtain. Does a good job blocking noise but when it rains it also blocks the air from entering there. So my breath is not cooled and fogs up the lens. I then need to crack open the shield which allows water down the inside of the shield. Can't easily wipe that off.

So Nebula and I set out at 1400 from Lak Si. Arrived in Lom Sak round about 2030 and are staying at Nattirat Grand. Only 600 thb each. Had dinner down the street and were hit with a bill of 232 baht. Not bad for 3 people although it could have been more spicy.

A couple of notes...the 11 is rubbish. Seriously don't use it. Also riding 12 after dark, while an experience, should probably be avoided currently. Finally, Route 12 café/diner wasn't open. Ruined my dinner plans.