Koh Tao headman's son gives DNA sample to quell controversy

webfact

this is of course one of the main reasons that there is a UK detective squad there

they are very aware of the way the case unfoled, and all the dramatic reversals that occured,

this CCTV footage of someone clearly pacing the scene, who the RTP first stated was their #1 suspect,

and actually asked for the public's help in turning him in

then,

poof,

no more interest in the publics help,

and, neither of the two Burmese fit the description

but the public is supposed to swallow all this because they are being threatened to shut up, or else

Amy reasonable police would be asking for help in identifying these guys....and if they were truly certain of having the suspects in custody would be saying give us more time to probe it please...not threatening people with jail time for questioning their suspicious activities.

Just shows us all more of the same....and this is coming from the top...aren't these guys supposed to be smart?

Defamation laws exist and are serious in Thailand... It is absolutely possible that Nom Sod and the village headman and his family and his biz have been and are being defamed on a massive scale here... Obviously the Village headman have pressed the police to stop this.. As would anyone... And the police are obviously taking it seriously because it's obviously true that defamation is going on!

You mean to tell me their first concern is not in catching a group of murderous rapists?

That's not at all what i'm saying... Obviously they already have their scapegoats, so that part of the case is almost over (or so they hope),, and now they are doing something for the defamation case...

*edit* You have a point that I agree with... This has been pointed out numerous times... But one of their top priorities seems to be tourist high season coming now.... So that could easily be one of the reasons they really want to press social media users into silence... They want all this to go away before high season...

*edit2* When i Say "their top priorities" I mean the regime is pressuring police etc... It's a mess...

Edited by hobz

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care either way...all many of us want to see is the criminals in this awful case convicted and jailed.

If you don't care,, then why are you making statements that you can't back up later...

You're muddling what I have said.

Let's find out what exactly happened that night and identify all of the people in the CCTV and who were around that evening and take proper statements and questioning.

Well that is what should have happened from the start.

The chances of a result in this case dwindle by the day IMHO....and the arrival of the UK police is the only bright note in a bleak picture.

And in truth when I say I don't care...what I really mean is all that matters is bringing the criminals here to justice in fairness... Nothing more.

Ok, I got it now. Cool.

Maybe police have already done what you just wish... Maybe some day the police report / investigation will become public .. (wikileaks plz?) And we will see... Obviously the police have taken statements and seen way more CCTV than they tell everyone in mass media... Just because something has not been reported in mass media doesn't mean it hasn't happened... That being said.. I too suspect that they have not made a proper investigation,,, the presence of the uk police points that way too smile.png Glad we agree

*edit* I do remember police saying that they can't take the CCTV from AC BAR etc because it is up to the owner of the CCTV to give it up to police only if they want....

*edit2* The investigation was almost 900 pages ... so obviously they have done alot of work... then agian... having had a glimpse of thai bureaucracy it's possible that those 900 pages is just a 100 nine-page reports on different immigration workers that they did dna tests on... :)

Edited by hobz
  • Like 2

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

Wow ,, I have completely missed this...

He is the brother of a village headman in Koh Tao.

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

He was arrested after evidence which police collected were examined and proved he was involved, he said.

He also said another suspect is also a son of that village headman. But he has already to Bangkok.

He said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

Yes the police chief now on gardening leave....perhaps he will be the new head of the RTP before long?

Yes the police chief now on gardening leave....perhaps he will be the new head of the RTP before long?

Am I behind the times here? or was it not the police chief who invited them to Bangkok for the DNA test?

it can't go away because it is getting worse,

threatening people with defamation lawsuits is the best possible way to get the press and free people, not subject to the Thai laws, to "press" this forward

if only the headman understood, he is feeding the outside press by not finding the killers himself, by NEVER expressing to the english speaking press his concerns about the victims,

someone should tell him,

it is what he "didn't" say,

that has caused the "internet idiots" and "archair detectives" to be so up in arms

• Like 1

it can't go away because it is getting worse,

threatening people with defamation lawsuits is the best possible way to get the press and free people, not subject to the Thai laws, to "press" this forward

if only the headman understood, he is feeding the outside press by not finding the killers himself, by NEVER expressing to the english speaking press his concerns about the victims,

someone should tell him,

it is what he "didn't" say,

that has caused the "internet idiots" and "archair detectives" to be so up in arms

Also the internet detectives have problems with a million contradicting statements made by police to the media.. such as these statements:

Eighth Region Police Command commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen identified the first suspect as Mon.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run/

Why would he say they have the village headmans son on cctv implicated in the murder..?

• Like 1

But they, the police, probably have a explanation for this... where's JIT when we need him :)

• Like 1

Am I behind the times here? or was it not the police chief who invited them to Bangkok for the DNA test?

yeah,

someone on another thread, in their defense of this nonsense said that

"police were running their mouths all over the place making mis-statemements

not bothering to mention,

this was no ordinary beat cop,

it was their top guy in the region,

he must have been reading the newspapers that said there was a new sherrif in town, and business as usual was over

guess, it wasn't

yeah,

someone on another thread, in their defense of this nonsense said that

"police were running their mouths all over the place making mis-statemements

not bothering to mention,

this was no ordinary beat cop,

it was their top guy in the region,

he must have been reading the newspapers that said there was a new sherrif in town, and business as usual was over

guess, it wasn't

Yeah ,, it's also a pretty serious mis-statement saying they had both suspects on CCTV cameras .. CAMERAS .. not one camera .. but multiple... I hope those will be released to the public one day ... my prayers goes to wikileaks :D

• Like 2

I have seen David's autopsy report it is said he was found on the 15 November. As I don't read thai couldn't read the full report but it has been said it was sloppy.

Shouldn't that make the report inadmissible in court-that poor family going through this only to have the autopsy a mess up.

Had David had travel insurance which I'd say he did the family would have to present a death certificate and being the wrong date would cause mountains of issues..we all know how insurance works.

Nomsod's walks in strides you can see all the CCTV shots he walks the same.

If you notice the running man he strides.

I have only just seen today's DNA movie. Cringeworthy.... the general population of Thai's have a reason to be embarrassed.

If the headman is tossing around threats of suing and 5 years imprisonment he need think again.

someone should tell him that should he select western targets he will be dealing with a lot more international press and governments...best he shut up and stop putting out threats.

how does the owner of the bar where the murdered people were last seen escape liability?

can he not be sued by the family in Britain?

and,

how does the DNA clear the son of being a witness?

What are you talking about? The victims' families have no right to sue the bar owner simply because that is where they were last seen. That makes zero sense. If the DNA is not a match then you cannot even connect the bar in any way to the deaths. Any chance you are from California, the most litigious State in the US?

And clear the son of being a witness? There is no crime in witnessing a crime and thats not what the DNA is about anyhow--the DNA is to place him as a participant in the sexual attack and brutal murders. If his DNA does not match then he is cleared to walk away without arrest.

And everyone on here will have gotten their wish--the DNA test of the Mon family under the watchful eye of British authorities. So then it will be time to move on.

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

how does the owner of the bar where the murdered people were last seen escape liability?

and,

What are you talking about? The victims' families have no right to sue the bar owner simply because that is where they were last seen. That makes zero sense. If the DNA is not a match then you cannot even connect the bar in any way to the deaths. Any chance you are from California, the most litigious State in the US?

And clear the son of being a witness? There is no crime in witnessing a crime and thats not what the DNA is about anyhow--the DNA is to place him as a participant in the sexual attack and brutal murders. If his DNA does not match then he is cleared to walk away without arrest.

And everyone on here will have gotten their wish--the DNA test of the Mon family under the watchful eye of British authorities. So then it will be time to move on.

Actually, he could have commited the rape and murder without leaving dna at the crime scene.. it is possible.

If the headman is tossing around threats of suing and 5 years imprisonment he need think again.

someone should tell him that should he select western targets he will be dealing with a lot more international press and governments...best he shut up and stop putting out threats.

What are you talking about?

The bar owner is not being charged for the assault and murder of the British couple...your "western targets".

He did not target anyone.

• Like 1

and,

Actually, he could have commited the rape and murder without leaving dna at the crime scene.. it is possible.

Sure, there are many things "possible"; however, to find someone guilty of a capital offense you need evidence.

• Like 1

and,

Sure, there are many things "possible"; however, to find someone guilty of a capital offense you need evidence.

Thanks, I didn't know evidence was needed ... .. .. .. . .. .. .. ... . . ... . .. . My point was not about if he is guilty,, my point is that to RULE SOMEONE OUT in this case is not enough with dna .. not only because the crime scene may have been contaminated and dna samples contaminated.. but also because it's possible that not all the suspects left dna at the scene... for example the condom with no dna inside it ...

The bar owner is not being charged for the assault and murder of the British couple...your "western targets".

You need sleep..I didn't say anything about assault. Headman is suing so he says.

if he is stressed now having to deal with social media,governments et al he'd be wise not to think of suing, as he'd have to deal with this on a grander scale.

Doubt he wants to be tied up in court cases for the next 10 years.

Thanks, I didn't know evidence was needed ... .. .. .. . .. .. .. ... . . ... . .. . My point was not about if he is guilty,, my point is that to RULE SOMEONE OUT in this case is not enough with dna .. not only because the crime scene may have been contaminated and dna samples contaminated.. but also because it's possible that not all the suspects left dna at the scene... for example the condom with no dna inside it ...

Don't worry that you didn't know evidence was required...many posters here share that lack of understanding.

And lack of DNA is enough to rule someone out from further prosecution when DNA was the only evidence you had tying someone to the crime. There appears to be zero other collected evidence to tie him to this crime or crime scene. No prints, no witnesses, no testimony from other accused, etc..

And that is why he and his family have every right to file a defamation lawsuit against anyone who continues to suggest otherwise in the event his DNA does not match.

The lynch mob will have to put their ropes away.

You need sleep..I didn't say anything about assault. Headman is suing so he says.

if he is stressed now having to deal with social media,governments et al he'd be wise not to think of suing, as he'd have to deal with this on a grander scale.

Doubt he wants to be tied up in court cases for the next 10 years.

Your original post was not very descriptive--perhaps you are simply tired.

Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by ClutchClark

If it is not the chief seen today just who is on gardening leave? and how does this affect the case? Genuine question. I hope this does not affect anybodies narrative

Don't worry that you didn't know evidence was required...many posters here share that lack of understanding.

And lack of DNA is enough to rule someone out from further prosecution when DNA was the only evidence you had tying someone to the crime. There appears to be zero other collected evidence to tie him to this crime or crime scene. No prints, no witnesses, no testimony from other accused, etc..

And that is why he and his family have every right to file a defamation lawsuit against anyone who continues to suggest otherwise in the event his DNA does not match.

The lynch mob will have to put their ropes away.

We have statements from police saying he was caught on CCTV near the crime scene.

We may soon have evidence that he conspired to hide evidence and forged evidence to get away with the murder... He could still be found guilty without DNA..

I'm not saying that he IS guilty.. I'm saying he could be found guilty without DNA evidence.. The other murderers could witness against him. Some police officer might testify how he have been bribed or coerced into hiding evidence / tampering with evidence etc...

Ofcourse his family has a right to file a defamation suite...I'm not a Thai Lawyer but it's pretty clear that his family is being defamed on a massive scale right now...

*edit* Headmans son clearly wants everybody to believe he was not on Koh Tao the night of the murder... Evidence proving that he was on the island COULD surface any day... That will make DNA almost irrelevant... He would have alot of explaining to do..

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

This is what I took away from all this,

I thought for sure that the headman told police that his son had left the island before the grisly crimes

Was that not what was reported?

Then, the kid himself stated that he was not there at all, is that not what his lawyer said as he waved around a picture?

Then there is the girlfriends, internet activity, stating he pulled a disappearing act on the very important timeline?

None of us knows the truth,

but we know when things don't add up also,

There are some weak links here and I personally believe,

the pressure is increasing, every hour that Scotland Yard detectives, "observe"

I do notice,

the UK detectives have not been running for press conferences, yet

The CCA law is ugly and harsh. The police will most likely be the ones using it. The people who have been damaged by the rumor mongering are more likely to use civil cases and go after money.

How are they planning on stopping people outside Thailand, and when did it become the police chief's son?

is the local headman, also the police chief?

that certainly explains everything to me now

Social websites

The bodies of Ms Witheridge, 23, from Norfolk and Mr Miller, 24, from Jersey, were found with severe head injuries on a beach in Koh Tao on 15 September.

Burmese men Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun both face the death penalty if found guilty, but Mr Zaw's mother said the case was "fixed".

Speaking at police headquarters in Bangkok, General Somyot Pumpunmuang threatened to use one of Thailand's toughest laws - the Computer Crimes Act - to prosecute anyone caught speculating about the murders on social websites.

There has been some speculation about the alleged involvement of Warot Tuwichien, 22, the son of local police chief Woraphan Tuwichien.

Woraphan, who was also briefly considered a potential suspect in the case, has threatened to press libel charges against anyone who attempts to link him or any of his family members to the killing of the two Britons."

There goes 90% of the Thaivisa membership!!

so he is saying that, him and his son were the murderers? i am beguining to think the father was there during the murder now.

That the RTP don't know who this kid in the CCTV is simply shows how incompetent the whole investigation has been.

They knew who it was on 23rd September.

both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders.

How are they planning on stopping people outside Thailand, and when did it become the police chief's son?

is the local headman, also the police chief?

that certainly explains everything to me now

Social websites

The bodies of Ms Witheridge, 23, from Norfolk and Mr Miller, 24, from Jersey, were found with severe head injuries on a beach in Koh Tao on 15 September.

Burmese men Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun both face the death penalty if found guilty, but Mr Zaw's mother said the case was "fixed".

Speaking at police headquarters in Bangkok, General Somyot Pumpunmuang threatened to use one of Thailand's toughest laws - the Computer Crimes Act - to prosecute anyone caught speculating about the murders on social websites.

There has been some speculation about the alleged involvement of Warot Tuwichien, 22, the son of local police chief Woraphan Tuwichien.

Never planning on coming back?