yamaha dt 100 fuel tank leaks

nick4665

Hi guys I have an old yamaha dt100 great little bike but the fuel tank keeps springing leaks

first at the seams which I got welded, but now in the side of the tank, has anyone come accross a filler over here that I can repair it with ?

Or where I can buy or have made a new tank

I dont want to buy second hand as I think I will be buying the same problem

many thanks in advance nick holton

Hi jeff thanks for your reply I m also english :) I have a mate comeing over in december to go trail rideing in

pai area , I will get him to bring some over

p.s I am a great fan of ktms I had a couple of exc models in uk a 250 2t that was built for the polish round of the world enduro championship it was , wild couldnt keep the front wheel down in the first 3 gears lol

took me ages to get used to it but when I did it was unbeatable , prompted all my mates to buy new bikes lol

after that I had a 400 exc alot easier to ride but not so much fun

now im rideing a yz125 motocrossing with the thais but im nearly 50 and too old for that now :)

I think im going for a crf next back to trails

I use the dt for every day use around town blast from the past

thanks again for your reply mate

If your avatar represents your age , your either a few weeks or months older than me. I still have several of my old 500 KTM 2-stroke bikes from the time when i was realy fast !!! whistling.gif . Will have to see them all before i move. sad.png . Have a Husaberg FE 450 now and greenlane it around Birmingham / Stratford / Stretton areas. Becoming more and more difficult due to goverment weaknesses , hence my full time move to Chiang Mai in 2016. The dirt bike show was just on at Stoneleigh (NAC).Superb show , could have got some petseal there. Your freind may get it at the NEC road bike show , but i think more likely he will have to order it , about 800 Baht. Demon Tweeks will have it , but for some reason werent at the NAC , so i didnt buy my annual supply of tires and stuff off them !. Could be a problem (in hold lugage only) if its flamable. Wrap well in cling film and put in "Tuppawere" container.