Best quality inexpensive pens in LOS.

infinity11

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

I always end up buying a pen in the DM airport. I always try and grab a Bangkok Post and do the Sudoku and crossword on my flight back to Malaysia

Every time I buy a pen the women serving keep telling me its" 69 Baht" and then looking at me as if to say , surely your not going to pay that for a pen , which apparently they think ts outrageously expensive. Im normally told "69 Baht" several times by different members of staff before I part with the money

Is 69 Baht expensive then ?

If the pen normally retails for B 35, then YES. However, an international flight for B 69 would be considered a bargain.

Expratt, say hi to infinity11, he's also new to planet earth.

If you have any other questions, such as;

"is Thai shampoo safe for Falangs?" or...

"Does Friday always occur before Tuesday or can Friday sometimes occur after Tuesday?"..

Please open a new thread and a helpful earthling will surely assist you with great pleasure.

Thats the only Pen story I have

I did open a thread yesterday asking where I could buy Grapefruit in Bangkok , you should look it up, was a classic

Edited by ExPratt
  • Like 1

I always end up buying a pen in the DM airport. I always try and grab a Bangkok Post and do the Sudoku and crossword on my flight back to Malaysia

Every time I buy a pen the women serving keep telling me its" 69 Baht" and then looking at me as if to say , surely your not going to pay that for a pen , which apparently they think ts outrageously expensive. Im normally told "69 Baht" several times by different members of staff before I part with the money

Is 69 Baht expensive then ?

Yes if i loose it or it leaks or runs ink, or drys out, Not cheap to replace.

The 'point:' being decent reliable retractable, doesn't leak or smear or leave ink allover my hands and pockets and cheap to replace since they are so easy to lose or forget.

Maybe i am asking too much and have to stick with cheap or free and promotional ones as (almost) suggested on this thread.

10-30 baht IS cheap.

Edited by infinity11

Now i see many post pens with caps.

Needs to be retractable and available in Thailand.

Inexpensive/replaceable.

Anything fit that bill, posted already or not?

Thanks.

My recommendation isn't retractable but the cap can be put firmly on the back...
  • Like 1

I take the opposite approach than the OP...I carry a moderately expensive pen and do not lose it.

My wife gave me a nice Waterman pen and pencil set (engraved with my initials even) circa 1992. I still have the writing instruments and use them daily...that wife has had the "ex" prefix for the past 8 years.

Refills can be a bit troublesome. I make sure I have at least two in my kit.

The only trouble I ever had was when some &lt;deleted&gt; at a customer site picked up the pen and pulled it apart (not unscrewed, pulled), rendering it useless. It was around my birthday and my son bought me another Waterman as a "stand-in". Subsequently I was able to disassemble and reassemble the original pen and it works fine again.

I've always wanted to buy a good pen, something for a couple of thousand baht or more.

I start by looking in the glass display cabinets in a department store. I dream I would have it for years and years and it would be my special pen....then I move to the inexpensive pen section and purchase a moderately priced pen for 30 baht or so which looks kind of fancy.

I call this my "Test Pen". if I can keep this pen until the very last drop of ink is used up then I am capable of owning a very nice pen.

Ive been playing this game for more than 20 years now. still havent kept the same "Test pen" for more than a couple of days

• Like 1

What a bunch of nerds you all are. What kind of pen should I buy ! pfttttt

Start asking questions like;

What's the best chainsaw for a man?

How do I get 2 beer bottles in my mouth at once?

I want to move the girlfriend in with the wife, how should i go about doing that?

When i cut myself, is it best to rub salt in it?

When I shave, can i use a piece of glass?

These are men questions !

I am waiting for the day when one of you asks, what the best tampon is as the wife wants you to go buy her some. bah.gif

tongue.png

Edited by thequietman
  • Like 1

I've got a Montblanc Meisterstuck rollerball for the last 20 years. Some will say it's expensive.

However, if you compute the numbers, it's not! USD 400 / 20 + refills (USD 15 a year for 2) = USD 35 a year, less than USD 3 a month

On a side note: I've got a Meisterstuck fountain pen for the same period and still doing strong, as well! (and just cost me the usual ink bottle!)

Just my 2 cents!

What a bunch of nerds you all are. What kind of pen should I buy ! pfttttt

Start asking questions like;

What's the best chainsaw for a man?

How do I get 2 beer bottles in my mouth at once?

I want to move the girlfriend in with the wife, how should i go about doing that?

When i cut myself, is it best to rub salt in it?

When I shave, can i use a piece of glass?

These are men questions !

I am waiting for the day when one of you asks, what the best tampon is as the wife wants you to go buy her some. bah.gif

tongue.png[/quote

The current wife does not use tampons, but I have no problem picking up pads if I am running out for something.

When I am in a supermarket in USA, often I will take a pass through the feminine hygiene aisle and toss a box of tampons in my cart. During the rest of my shopping I look for a victim to 'pass' the tampons to...an obviously post-menopausal female is good, or some self-important manly man. If that does not happen, it becomes a surreal moment when I hit the cashier line...”How did *this* get in here?”

• Like 1

If only there was a shop like B2S full of pens in Pattaya central festival mall with pads of paper to try them on and price tags. facepalm.gif

Pattaya? Friendship Supermarket (Pattaya Tai) have plenty of pens, with pads to try them on, last time I went in there.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1