Did my ears deceive me, entrance fee to new Waterpark Na Nomtien

dotpoom

I pass the new Waterpark daily on my way into Jomtien/Pattaya from Bang Saray. As I like to support new projects like restaurants, shops etc., in my local area I stopped today and inquired about the entrance fee into said park. I was told.....nung pan, ha roy, gowsip Baht....for the uninitiated that equals 1,590 Baht....luckily I was already sitting down when I made the inquiry. "How much for Thai person"... I asked (with she who must be obeyed in mind)...."Same same"..... was the security guard's reply.

As I am not a regular visitor to Waterparks maybe this price is in line for this type of entertainment but to me it was way over the top.

Anyone been at it yet?....I assume for that price all the rides are included. Sorry, I didn't get the price for children , he was very busy conducting traffic....that was at 10. 30 AM this morning, so the people leaving didn't get a lot for their money but even at that early hour there were loads of motorbikes already there.

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that's not for one person?! Went a few years back and it was something like 150 a head and thought that was OTT back then for what you got. Also remember paying extra for other rides and the food options were pretty dire. Perhaps it's all changed but I would only consider paying that sort of money for a family of 10 and it came with a free 'massage'.

Looking at their website, the season ticket rates appear quite reasonable. These rates apply to Thai residents, being based on following: Thai residents’ rate is available to Thai citizens and foreign nationals with Thai residency status (expatriates with work permits, "O" type visas, student visas and diplomatic visas are eligible).

These rates seem to be current.

https://secure.cartoonnetworkamazone.com/annualpass/en/#promotion

For a family of four, even at the highest prices Platinum Pass (with no restrictions on day of entry) of Bt30,990/year, equates to approx. Bt325pp if attending twice per month. For those going on a weekly basis the average rate reduces to approx. Bt150pp. That sounds like a decent deal for waterpark diehards! There are additional benefits mentioned on the website.

Other passes are at lower rates but have heavy restrictions on days of use.

I have heard that the initial annual pass actually extends to 31st January 2016, presumably to compensate for the park not being 100% complete. That would drop the average rates even more.

There is an interesting article on an earlier thread which has some decent pictures of the park.

http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/10/cartoon-network-amazone-water-park/

I had heard that price being mentioned the other day when I enquired about the place.

It seems very expensive for Thai people. 1 adult and 1 child tops the 2,000 Baht mark. I would say that is out of the reach of many Thai families and is more like a Western price.

I do wonder how much face will be shown and lost by those attending and those who cannot afford it.

We've got a few friends who've been recently and they were both very happy. The kids had a blast. It's not cheap though.

I still remember my first trip to Disneyland over 50 years ago, how does one put a price on a lifetime of family memories.

• Like 1

We've got a few friends who've been recently and they were both very happy. The kids had a blast. It's not cheap though.

I still remember my first trip to Disneyland over 50 years ago, how does one put a price on a lifetime of family memories.

Maybe more people would have family memories to treasure if they charged 50%

less...

After you include the ticket price and all the extras the cost really start to add up

for a family....

• Like 2

Maybe more people would have family memories to treasure if they charged 50%

less...

After you include the ticket price and all the extras the cost really start to add up

for a family....

Let's see, a family travels half way around the world for a holiday, will probably tell friends back home how cheap a day of fun of Pattaya costs. Granted the prices seem high for those of us on fixed incomes but we are not part of their marketing demographic(or poor Thai families). If you can't pay the price of the fiddler then don't dance.

I also think this attraction is oriented towards the growing Thai middle class. This area is now packed with people from Bangkok on the weekends. They've got money and spend it. Silverlake is absolutely packed on the weekends with Thai families, paying money just to take a tour of the vineyards.

It's not all about expats and foreign visitors.

Are those the same families from Bangkok that carry umbrellas to shield the sun while getting out of a taxi?

• Like 2

I also think this attraction is oriented towards the growing Thai middle class. This area is now packed with people from Bangkok on the weekends. They've got money and spend it. Silverlake is absolutely packed on the weekends with Thai families, paying money just to take a tour of the vineyards.

Indeed. The only real question is why they do it? It's a mystery to me.

If I lived near Bang Saray and was a dedicated swimmer then I would probably get one of the cheapest annual tickets (weekdays only) to the water park and would probably get good value from it. But I cant see myself ever paying to go to Silverlake, especially when it's busy. Mimosa is another example.

Took the family last month, wife, 2 kids, 5K baht for entrance fee. 80% complete, the place was mobbed, mostly Thais. The kids absolutely loved it, the Cartoon Network area and the "Wave" area. My youngest cut her foot on some poorly finished concrete, I went with my son on one of the tubes and came off with blood running down my arm and we were both attended by the medical staff on site who seemed to be overworked addressing injuries.

But the real surprise was when the wife went to buy a burger and coke for the kids......................coke 60 baht a cup and a burger..........................380 baht with a few fries thrown in, a tad expensive!!!

A one - off visit for me, won't be going back.