what needed to notify immigration leaving country w/ retirement visa

wrbc

If you take yourself, your passport, a pen and 1000 baht plus some extra for copies and a photo you should be OK.

Get a TM 8 form to apply for a re-entry permit and go to the copy shop behind the Immigration office. They'll copy the relevant pages from your passport, take your photo and probably even help you fill out the form if they're not busy.

It's 1000 baht for single re-entry, 3800 baht for multiple re-entry. The re-entry permit will expire when your current visa extension expires.

P.S. I'm assuming you do know your address and travel plans -- the form asks for that information, in addition to information you can find in your passport.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

You don't really need to notify Immigration that you are leaving the country. Their is no reason to tell them that you're leaving. Or are you inquiring about getting the re-entry stamp? I just got a re-entry stamp here in Bangkok and I needed a copy of my passport data page, a copy of the departure card, a copy of my retirement visa and complete form TM 8 and 1 picture. The fee for a single reentry is B1000.

Edited by Spaniel

P.S. I'm assuming you do know your address and travel plans -- the form asks for that information

Travel plan details are not required, writing something very general in that space has been acceptable. When I get multiple entry and just write various in that space. Even for single entry, writing "not sure yet" has been acceptable.

Yes, the counter to get a re-entry permit is always open at CNX international boarding area whenever they are boarding people for international travel. The counter is to the left after you pass the security screening, just before you go come to the podiums where the Immigration officials stamp your passport. Be alert. Once the Immigration official stamps your passport and you go into the waiting area, it's too late to get your re-entry permit.

They always have someone at that counter to sell re-entry permits when there are passengers scheduled for international flights. They are the same immigration officials who would deal with someone with an overstay.

Unfortunately, you can't go to the airport in advance of your flight to get your re-entry permit. They won't let you into the boarding area without a boarding pass.

Edited by NancyL

How long is the general wait to get the single reentry at immigration. If I show up in the afternoon would I be able to get it.

Or is it like the extensions get their very early in the morning?

Back in March that is exactly what I did & it took just a few minutes

(went in around 1:30-2pm )

I have read various reports about being able to get one at the airport on the way out.

But it just seemed to risky given my flight left at Midnight. I was afraid I may not get one so

went to Imm instead.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

How long is the general wait to get the single reentry at immigration. If I show up in the afternoon would I be able to get it.

Or is it like the extensions get their very early in the morning?

Be on the safe side and bring a good book and a sandwich... coffee1.gif

Hubby got a re-entry permit last week after he got his annual retirement visa extension at Immigration. Unfortunately, he got his queue number just before lunch and was told to come back after lunch. He got out of Immigration at about 2:15 pm.

• 3 weeks later...

Even if you go to the airport at midnight the re entry office will br oprned for you and done by one of the immig officers you show your passport to.

I once thought i was going to rscape an overstay fine.....but no ; after presenting my passport the officer had me follow her to the office which she opened just to give me a receipt for my 1000bt fine.

Do I need to know the date I will be leaving when applying for a single entry? Have a plan to visit Lao in March and was wondering if I needed the exact date. Was thinking could do a 90 day and single entry all on the same day.

all re entry permits last until the end of your ext of stay,

At the Chiang Mai airport, is it possible to get the multiple rentry permit. or onllly the single reentry permit? Thanks.

I got a multiple re-entry permit at CNX about two weeks ago, took less than 10 minutes. (Obvious point: you have to be boarding an international flight departing from CNX.)

Edited by Diplomatico

At the Chiang Mai airport, is it possible to get the multiple rentry permit. or onllly the single reentry permit? Thanks.

I got a multiple re-entry permit at CNX about two weeks ago, took less than 10 minutes. (Obvious point: you have to be boarding an international flight departing from CNX.)

I assume if the CNX flight is domestic but you stay in transit at Swampy, that's OK?

I assume if the CNX flight is domestic but you stay in transit at Swampy, that's OK?

No, I don't think that will work....the window for the re-entry permits is after the security check (but prior to passport control) on the international departures side. I don't think you can access it if you go through the domestic side.