Surapong to petition PM seeking justice for Ms Yingluck

Lite Beer

Surapong to petition PM seeking justice for Ms Yingluck

4-8-2014-2-03-37-PM-wpcf-728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said he would petition Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House Monday to seek justice for former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the rice-pledging scheme which she is facing impeachment for negligence of duties that resulted in rampant corruption.

Mr Surapong also questioned why no legal action was taken against former prime minister Chuan Leekpai and Montri Chenvidyakarn, former secretary general of the now defunct Financial Sector Restructuring Authority (FSRA) over fishy sale of assets of financially collapsed institutions at low prices.

FSRA was formed by then prime minister Chuan to sell bad loans following the financial crisis which hit Thailand in 1997.

Mr Surapong said the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) had sent a complaint to Office of the Attorney General charging Mr Montri with negligence of duty and that the Thai public had to pay debts of more than one trillion baht over a long period.

This showed that FSRA was guilty and Mr Chuan, who was prime minister at that time, supervised the FSRA, said Mr Surapong.

He then questioned why Mr Chuan was not impeached while the impeachment case against Ms Yingluck continues with attempts to remove her from premiership.

Permanent secretary for Finance Rungson Sriworasat, chairman of the subcommittee inspecting governments’ rice subsidy schemes, said yesterday that damages incurred from 2004 to 2014 stood at about 600 billion baht.

Of the total, damages inflicted by the Yingluck government totaled over 500 billion baht and the rest by the previous governments.

Mr Surapong went on saying that the NACC must also impeach former prime ministers Abhisit Vejjajiva or Gen Surayud Chulanont for being responsible on the rice subsidy scheme.

He asked that Prime Minister Gen Prayut who is also the leader of the National Council for Peace and Order ordered the probe on these issues and not to adopt a double standard practice.

Mr Surapong said he would also petition the NACC and the Justice Ministry to seek justice for ms Yingluck.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/surapong-petition-pm-seeking-justice-ms-yingluck/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-14

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>He then questioned why Mr Chuan was not impeached while the impeachment case against Ms Yingluck continues with attempts to remove her from premiership.< Quote

Khun Surapong has been sleeping so well in his cave, that obviously he didn't notice a smaller change, that took place in Thailand May 22nd!!

Your little darling is not in charge anymore, and hopefully will never be it again!!

I know it is not objective, but just looking at this guy makes my skin crawl!!bah.gif

• Like 1

I've been saying this all along that they are targeting Yingluck bumping her up the list while others get the free pass.

It's good that the pressure is being put back on her accusers and exposing them and this farce for what it is.

I not only hope she wins this case but takes her rightful spot back as PM after once again being democratically elected by the people of Thailand .

• Like 2

Surapong - why do I dislike him so much ?

In the same basket as Chalerm and Tarit

yes a vile man

if only someone had the ball-s to investigate and lock him up or at least shut him up - he is everything that is wrong with Thailand ....... right there

Chalerm is another nasty piece of work.

It was not so long ago he was issuing all sorts of threats but now he has crawled back under his stone.

• Like 1

Oh the name Yingluck certainly fires up the yellows.

You see smedley you have just proved my case.You have her hung drawn and quartered without a trial and that's the battle she faces the same as her brother.

But do carry on .

Oh and you do realise she is the peoples choice and yellows and the junta know it so the only way is to smear her is this ongoing press campaign because they know she would win the next election by a mile.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Surapong - why do I dislike him so much ?

In the same basket as Chalerm and Tarit

And has still never responded to the ombudsman's several demands for answers why he opened the office during riots

to reissue a passport to a convicted fled felon - his corrupt cousin.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've been saying this all along that they are targeting Yingluck bumping her up the list while others get the free pass.

It's good that the pressure is being put back on her accusers and exposing them and this farce for what it is.

I not only hope she wins this case but takes her rightful spot back as PM after once again being democratically elected by the people of Thailand .

I love a good dose of sarcasm in the morning, best post ....so far.

...spot back as PM fake PM after once...

Surapong's attitude typlifies the atitide displayed by a large persentage of his party's members and the former goverment. They are doing again what they do best, ignore the law, orders, instructions of legal entities, needs of people while attempting to fill their personal agenda, They, is in reference to old ear medicine and Tarint sticking their nose above the rapports recently.

These pupit like people do not know when to quite, they have been a large part of the problem in Thailand for decades and it is time they paid in full for their many transgressions and downright criminal acts.

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Former Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said he would petition Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House Monday to seek justice for former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra regarding the rice-pledging scheme which she is facing impeachment for negligence of duties that resulted in rampant corruption.

Can you imagine the trouble you would have to be in to want this guy defending you? Yingluck must be scared sh#tless.

• Like 1