Nerds!

stconan

does anyone think the same, been in thailand a few years now have a lovely wife and two daughters. I love thailand and the culture, and like me im sure theres many expats that have really embraced the thai way of life. and why not will are all just guest,s in there country. I have a good few thai friend,s , never ask for money and allways buys the beers and vice versa. We go out to a few bars in the evening have a few drinks and play pool, one paticular night out i came across the <deleted> of the year. pissed as <deleted> and saying how this country has no idea of making money, they cant build houses and there woman only like farang. So i found this an interesting point and one i had to address. I approached the <deleted>, and ask if he was on holiday? oh no he replied been here 9 years got the thai homemaker and the brat to go with it. I said your a lucky man to have such an understanding wife. <deleted> that he replied il wont be banging her tonight. with that i walked away. Now this <deleted> was the most nerdy looking geek you would ever see, so my question is. He,s come to thailand because no woman would give him the time of day in his country, but out here he think,s hes something else roll playing if you like, the big i am ive got this ive got that look how much money ive got compared to all the peasants out here. well its no surprise if you think about it why there are so many stories about how a farang got taken for everything by he's thai wife , and never trust a thai person. Well <deleted> him and all the other <deleted> out here that act the same, and go back to where they came from, So we all dont get tared with the same brush.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could not agree more. It’s miserable to witness these kind of obnoxious a-holes getting away with out right rude/ belligerent behavior in Thailand, when we all know these sort of characters would be either laughed at or pummeled in there own country.

does anyone think the same, been in thailand a few years now have a lovely wife and two daughters. I love thailand and the culture, and like me im sure theres many expats that have really embraced the thai way of life. and why not will are all just guest,s in there country. I have a good few thai friend,s , never ask for money and allways buys the beers and vice versa. We go out to a few bars in the evening have a few drinks and play pool, one paticular night out i came across the <deleted> of the year. pissed as <deleted> and saying how this country has no idea of making money, they cant build houses and there woman only like farang. So i found this an interesting point and one i had to address. I approached the <deleted>, and ask if he was on holiday? oh no he replied been here 9 years got the thai homemaker and the brat to go with it. I said your a lucky man to have such an understanding wife. <deleted> that he replied il wont be banging her tonight. with that i walked away. Now this <deleted> was the most nerdy looking geek you would ever see, so my question is. He,s come to thailand because no woman would give him the time of day in his country, but out here he think,s hes something else roll playing if you like, the big i am ive got this ive got that look how much money ive got compared to all the peasants out here. well its no surprise if you think about it why there are so many stories about how a farang got taken for everything by he's thai wife , and never trust a thai person. Well <deleted> him and all the other <deleted> out here that act the same, and go back to where they came from, So we all dont get tared with the same brush.

The galling thing is it sounds as though (by the vernacular that) he was a Brit. I'm a brit but a lot of these nasty low lifes are really giving us a bad name.

Recetnly chatting to a young Tlady who has been married in the uK for two years. Upon moving to LOS, the Brit husband disappears off on six day binges.... Charming reflection of my fellow English.

Really quite maddening.

Well <deleted> him and all the other <deleted> out here that act the same, and go back to where they came from, So we all dont get tared with the same brush.

Quiet , They all seem to post on TV :o

Why these geeks think thai lady would love his money more than who they are? I dont judge ppl. we all are human being. -wow! sounds like im a miss world peace-

I have i-love-farang theory; farang in this place means cuacasian w/ diffrent bone structure from asian, because caucasian differ from asian in culture and looks, so thats why... ppl love something difference, mystery, excitement and found this attractive, isnt it darlig?

i guess this happen to both caucasian and asian, men and women, thats why u see many couples from different culture.

for that nerd, kick him out of this country! bastard!

i saw 3 dicks 3 chicks hung out at tapas and overheard their conversation, what a ridiculous, the only english i heard from tg is big c**k, long c**k and <deleted> me... !!?? 1 man is cute, another 2 is ok but the point is they can find a decent women to hang out with if they want to, maybe im an old fashion woman so i dont quite understand how and why they hang out w/ these girl? save the precious time during staying in thailand by hook up anybody they met?

Agree 100% with OP and all comments, met one the other night in Khon Kaen, he was a visitor though and foul mouthing "all things thai" the sad thing he was with a policeman who seemed embarrassed but may have been assigned to guide this farangs as it only takes one to create a bad image in their mind.( Its like customers - it takes a lot of work to gain customers but the slightest mistake will often mean losing them to another business).obnoxious visitor.

I told him he was a <deleted> and translated some of what he was saying for the policemans benefit some Thais (guys) to their credit ignored this Dick Head.

Makes you understand why some Thais dont care for

Not just Guys!

I was on the bts a couple of days ago when about 6 farang girls and a thai got on, the girls were all tall and models on their way to a shoot a bit loud and noisy, one had her ticket tucked in her bra and the thai lady with them said not good, her reply i wont loose it this way, funny how the thai's in the bts reacted all moving down the carriage and exiting the door furthest from these girls who had no idea of respect for the culture here.

You know many of them post here....

:o

I think the OP was referring to people who live here? Sounds like these girls don't. And to be honest, I can't imagine people on the BTS actually getting off the train because of something as stupid as this.

I think the OP was referring to people who live here and seem to hate it, or come here because they are losers at home and feel like a big man (or woman) here and then somehow come to believe that they are.

I've seen a few as well, but, to be honest, I avoid these kinds of expats like the plague. I live in a small place where you are judged by the company you keep (at least by the locals) and I wouldn't really want the locals to think I even knew some of these people. But, to be fair, they do seem to be in the minority where I live (for now anyway :o )

A lot of people getting very judgmental these days.

Maybe the person in the original post was just having a really bad day and went out to get drunk and let off steam. I've certainly had a few (well more than a few) days where I have hated everything Thai. Not terribly rational but I would guess that most long term expat residents feel like that from time to time.

Not really sure what this has got to do with nerds either.

I think the OP was referring to people who live here? Sounds like these girls don't. And to be honest, I can't imagine people on the BTS actually getting off the train because of something as stupid as this.

I think the OP was referring to people who live here and seem to hate it, or come here because they are losers at home and feel like a big man (or woman) here and then somehow come to believe that they are.

I've seen a few as well, but, to be honest, I avoid these kinds of expats like the plague. I live in a small place where you are judged by the company you keep (at least by the locals) and I wouldn't really want the locals to think I even knew some of these people. But, to be fair, they do seem to be in the minority where I live (for now anyway :o )

When i said get off the train it was also "exiting the door furthest from these girls ", not getting off because of them, just when it was time.

Maybe the person in the original post was just having a really bad day and went out to get drunk and let off steam. I've certainly had a few (well more than a few) days where I have hated everything Thai. Not terribly rational but I would guess that most long term expat residents feel like that from time to time.

Agree, Col, most long term expats will feel like this at some point in time, but is there a need for such behaviour. When you go out to let off steam do you act this way? Totally abusive and f... this f... that. I should think not. I often go to a small place in the country which has more than its share of abusive, drunkard long termers, sadly to say many of them Brits.

A nerds a nerd wherever you are.

Hmmmmm...

So many Brits eh..??

Well, I've seen plenty of Americans being drunk, very loud, and obnoxious.. most of the time just loud and obnoxious... not to mention the Germans...

See...it's easy to make a generalisation..

The point is that a drunken loudmouth is a drunk loudmouth.. no matter what nationality they are... so no need to keep bringing a nationality up, it's not needed.

totster :o

So many Brits eh..??

Well, I've seen plenty of Americans being drunk, very loud, and obnoxious.. most of the time just loud and obnoxious... not to mention the Germans...

I don't think anyone is accusing ONLY brits as being drunkard loudmouths. Indeed they come in all shapes and sizes and all from different parts of the world.

There is however more Brits living over here than say Americans or even Germans, which is possibly the reason there are so many of them.

The point is that a drunken loudmouth is a drunk loudmouth.. no matter what nationality they are... so no need to keep bringing a nationality up, it's not needed.

totster :D

I'm with tots on this one. As I've always said, a**holes can be any nationality. That kind of behavior crosses all borders. :o

So many Brits eh..??

I don't think anyone is accusing ONLY brits as being drunkard loudmouths. Indeed they come in all shapes and sizes and all from different parts of the world.

There is however more Brits living over here than say Americans or even Germans, which is possibly the reason there are so many of them.

My post wasn't about only Brits being drunken loudmouths.... and as you conveniently left out the point of my post.. here it is again..

Agree, Col, most long term expats will feel like this at some point in time, but is there a need for such behaviour. When you go out to let off steam do you act this way? Totally abusive and f... this f... that. I should think not. I often go to a small place in the country which has more than its share of abusive, drunkard long termers, sadly to say many of them Brits.

While there's no need for abusive behaviour, the original poster only mentions how the guy was complaining about Thai builders, business and girls (all fairly common areas of complaints!) and there was no mention of him being abusive until the original poster approached him (and why he would approach someone if he was being abusive I don't know).

I had always thought the word nerd was applied to intelligent, studious but weird looking types.

Yah just look at Mel Gibon!! Bloody Nerd :o

I had always thought the word nerd was applied to intelligent, studious but weird looking types.

And types who tend to spend all their time on the internet... invloved in online communities etc.... wait... hold on... :o

That someone needs to "get a life" is without doubt, but I ask who?

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who has enough of his own life so as not to have the time or the inclination to worry about telling other people how to live theirs.

Edited by GuestHouse

That someone needs to "get a life" is without doubt, but I ask who?

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who has enough of his own life so as not to have the time or the inclination to worry about telling other people how to live theirs.

I for one 2nd this comment what will be will be :o

I run into these type of people more frequently than I like, I usually just listen and humor them along. Most of us have felt this way at times. I don't mind listening, as long as they don't say things to any Thai people or behave in such a way as to cause a major problem.

There are good things about the country and not-so-good things. People get frustrated, add drink and you can have a problem.

Mel Gibon, he was that actor in BraveMonkey, right? :D

As a member of the 'Nerds Of Outer Mongolia' chapter, of the 'Ancient Order of Nerds International' , may I just add that most of us nerds are also upset, for our good name to be linked with these drunken bums ?

Now back to vol-3 of 'How to Morris-Dance with Style' - a most absorbing read.

Chang ! :o

There are plenty of those A$$holes everywhere. I've ran across them in Bangkok, Pattaya and Dubai. They aren't all of any one particular nationality. I am an American, and met a particulary loud, drunk and racist in a Dubai bar one evening. I refused to let him get away with it. If we turn the other cheek, we're kind of condoning that behavior ourselves. I usually talk to the person and let them know how stupid they sound, and actually translate the B.S. to the people that are forced to listen to them blather. I try to get the person to humor up and look at things differently, but if that doesn't work, I'll side in with the locals and embarrass the guy enough that he leaves. I won't let one of those a-holes ruin my good time, or tarnish my reputation, I do that well enough on my own. :o

Mel Gibon, he was that actor in BraveMonkey, right? :D

And Lethal Banana 1, 2 &3