Villa Supermarket - Price Discrepancy

ExpatOilWorker

Honest mistakes can happen from time to time, but price discrepancy between displayed price and the actual barcode price is happen very often at Villa and always in Villas favor.

On a simple purchase of 6 items, I had 3 mistakes today. 2 frozen fruit items were grossly overcharged and the Minute Maid must just have been scanned from one of the barcodes laying around at the cash register as I did not buy it. Total cost was reduced from 1,321 to 823 baht when it was all corrected. A 498 baht overcharge.

Check your receipt and dont let Villa cheat you. Villa is expensive enough as it is.

post-119133-0-94673500-1416043978_thumb.

• Like 1

Had the similar problem, bought a bag of chips and was charged 50 THB more than the price tag. When I told them they went to check, came bag with the tag and said it was wrong and refused to honor it.

Ironically there was a sign at the register saying if the price tags are wrong, they would give it to customer for free.

Had a similar experience at Tops, but surprisingly they gave me the product for free.

• Like 1

They should have the law we have here in Quebec, if the price displayed is overcharged at the register, product under 10$ they have to give you the product for free and for product over 10$ you have to pay the price displayed minus 10$ rebate for their mistake. Since that law pass price discrepancy is a rare occurrence, too expensive for them to make mistakes.

When Carrefour was operating in Thailand they had that policy, if wrong priced you get the item for free regardless of the price, and Big C Xtra inherited it also when they bought Carrefour .

They gave up on it soon as they have more wrong priced than right priced items.

• Like 2

Foodland is the best shop, most items have the price on them so they can't argue the toss at the till, Big C is the worst.

This is exactly the way I find it, so often I have bought something at Big C where the price tag is lower than what I am charged at the checkout, this has happened so often that I do not believe they are mistakes, and I never blame the lady at the checkout as I don't believe it is her fault.

Foodland never has a problem unlike Villa. I never shop at Villa anymore.

Having a black belt Dan 7 in shopping all over this country and in particular here in Bkk in all the major

retailers, I have come to the conclusions than Caveat Emptor, shopper be wear, some time they're

trying to get the mickey out of you and other times, inundated pricing software, or just plan laziness

by the staff...

Thanks for this heads up. I have just returned from Villa for my weekly fix of western things and did check the receipt. Upon inspection I caught an over charge of 30 baht per can of black beans. I pointed this out and led the manager to the location with receipt in hand and yeap, should have been 79 baht not 109. Well he was quite flustered as to how to proceed so gf suggested we add one more can and pay 19 baht, as we had only purchased 2 cans. He was pleased and able to ring up the can for 19 baht. This seems to be the difficulty, the whole refunding idea just isn't easily accommodated.

They should have the law we have here in Quebec, if the price displayed is overcharged at the register, product under 10$ they have to give you the product for free and for product over 10$ you have to pay the price displayed minus 10$ rebate for their mistake. Since that law pass price discrepancy is a rare occurrence, too expensive for them to make mistakes.

....yeah, but would we have to speak in French as well? :P

I shop at a neighborhood MAX VALUE and often notice Thai shoppers carefully reading the receipt before walking away...guess I should take the clue and be more vigilant.

I also like FOODLAND and buy my meats there but it does annoy me that when they weigh-up anything from the fresh meat case that it is always enclosed in at least two layers of plastic wrap. When decent meats are B60 to B90 per 100 grams, 20 or 30 grams extra adds up.

I shop at a neighborhood MAX VALUE and often notice Thai shoppers carefully reading the receipt before walking away...guess I should take the clue and be more vigilant.

I also like FOODLAND and buy my meats there but it does annoy me that when they weigh-up anything from the fresh meat case that it is always enclosed in at least two layers of plastic wrap. When decent meats are B60 to B90 per 100 grams, 20 or 30 grams extra adds up.

20 or 30 grams extra in packing? I guess they use 2 plastic boxes then instead of 2 layers plastic wrap.