Scuba Close By?

migrant

Hi All,

New here. I see a previous post referring to fishing, and know boats go out of Hua Hin for both fishing and diving, but does anyone know how far from Hua hin;

1) Is good shore diving/ snorkeling?

2) How far of a boat ride is it from HH to good diving?

About me, met a Thai girl here in the states, she's been here 10+ years, widowed. We have been together 2 years now and marriage later this year.

She is from the Cha Am, Hua Hin area and we have spent some nice visits there (many times to Thailand for me, but only a couple around Hua Hin).

Probably semi retire in 5 years and tentatively planning on part of the year there, part here in the states.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

New here. I see a previous post referring to fishing, and know boats go out of Hua Hin for both fishing and diving, but does anyone know how far from Hua hin;

1) Is good shore diving/ snorkeling?

2) How far of a boat ride is it from HH to good diving?

About me, met a Thai girl here in the states, she's been here 10+ years, widowed. We have been together 2 years now and marriage later this year.

She is from the Cha Am, Hua Hin area and we have spent some nice visits there (many times to Thailand for me, but only a couple around Hua Hin).

Probably semi retire in 5 years and tentatively planning on part of the year there, part here in the states.

Thanks!!

You can't take a boat to a dive site from Hua Hin. Its too far. Best diving and snorkelling is at Koh Talu, about a 90 minute drive from Hua Hin. Sunseeker Tours operate a regular tour to this spot. Their office is inside Bookazine, opposite the Sofitel in downtown Hua Hin.

You can't take a boat to a dive site from Hua Hin. Its too far. Best diving and snorkelling is at Koh Talu, about a 90 minute drive from Hua Hin. Sunseeker Tours operate a regular tour to this spot. Their office is inside Bookazine, opposite the Sofitel in downtown Hua Hin.

Thanks!

Have you tried it? Is there good, diverse diving?

Thanks again!!

Hi,

I scuba dive in Thailand, the best thing is to take a car/taxi to Champon, about 2 hours drive, from there catch the cattermeran to Koh Tao, it has some of the best diving. Just remember that during the rainy season there is no visibility.

DC

I think there are some diving sites nearer to Chumphon than Koh Tao and some resorts organize diving/snorkelling trips, but you'll have to search the Internet yourself - the operators are well hidden behind the usual "dive asia" giants.

Cha-am and Hua Hin are not diving areas.

• 1 month later...

Absolute Wreck diving has an office in Ban Krut (T. Tongchai). They can set you up with a Koh Talu trip.

What I have heard, it's pretty shallow .. pretty much a beginners' site.

As for snorkeling .. if you have your own mask and fins .. go to Kamana Pa's Restaurant near the big (not on the hill) temple and have him help you rent a longtail. He knows all the fishermen.

About 300-500 m offshore and just south of the temple on the hill is an exposed pile of rocks called Ko Lumra/Lamla. Coral all around and the boat drivers/fishermen know them. Half a day boat for about Bt 1,200 .. can take 4 people ..