no 30 days extension for visa waiver!?

I have been in Pattaya. I don't believe what guys say here. I believe what immigration officers told me. guys who got 30 days, it s because they got a visa. it seems people here don't know what a visa waiver is.

let me be clear on this: if you enter Thailand with no visa, you can get 7 days extension for 1900 bahts. there is NO 30 days extension if you have no visa in your passport.

I have been in Pattaya. I don't believe what guys say here. I believe what immigration officers told me. guys who got 30 days, it s because they got a visa. it seems people here don't know what a visa waiver is.

let me be clear on this: if you enter Thailand with no visa, you can get 7 days extension for 1900 bahts. there is NO 30 days extension if you have no visa in your passport.

I thought they changed that?

(EDIT: others were quicker, more facts needed like nationality)

They did on August 29, 2013 and that was widely publiced here in the forum.

One 30 day extension for visa exempt entries is possible.

No idea what went wrong in this case.

All documents complete, proof of return flight/leaving the country within the extension period?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744440-longer-visa-exemption-extensions-begin-august-29-2014/

Edited by KhunBENQ

I wonder where this guy is from..... he was angry so to speak, and now he was shown wrong....

so he will probably NOT be back and give us more info.... But I hope so,,, we

all can learn from all things happen here in life..

'

Glegolo

UK passport, visa waiver granted 30 day extension 1900 at Chaengwattana a month or so ago. No problems save for a very long queue and the only issues that they seemed particularly focused upon was address and contact phone number.

Edited by gilo

If you are from a country that get the visa exempt entry by way of a bilateral agreement you cannot get the 30 day extension.

Are you from one of those countries.

Huh? If you are from the US or UK thats gets a 30 day entry with NO visa, can you exstend another 30 or 7? It use to be 7 but thought it is now 30.

If you are from a country that get the visa exempt entry by way of a bilateral agreement you cannot get the 30 day extension.

Huh? If you are from the US or UK thats gets a 30 day entry with NO visa, can you exstend another 30 or 7? It use to be 7 but thought it is now 30.

The US and the UK get their exempt entries by a unilateral decision made by Thailand. So they do get the 30 day extension.

Those on bilateral agreements is listed here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15383-List-of-countries-which-have-concluded-Agreements.html

don't believe what you read here and there. check yourself at immigration office well in advance before your stamp expires.

You havent told us from where you are.. So I believe that you realize that you took your mouth full in this case.

On this forum there are real pro´s that help out in these cases, and only fools doesnt read, learn, and take advantage,,, Dont be one of those plse....

Glegolo

I just went to immigration today trying to get an extension of 30 days after a visa waiver entry in Thailand.

immigration officers told me they give only 7 days for 1900 bahts and no 30 days.

About 3 weeks ago, all you could get at Jomtien Immigration for 1'900 baht was this 7-days extension,

but they were also "offering" a 30-days extension if you pay 3'000 baht...

Discussed here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763503-30-day-extension-at-jomtien/

Seems surprising that this 30-days would not be available now...?

Edited by Pattaya46

I just went to immigration today trying to get an extension of 30 days after a visa waiver entry in Thailand.

immigration officers told me they give only 7 days for 1900 bahts and no 30 days.

About 3 weeks ago, all you could get at Jomtien Immigration for 1'900 baht was this 7-days extension,

but they were also "offering" a 30-days extension if you pay 3'000 baht...

Discussed here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/763503-30-day-extension-at-jomtien/

Seems surprising that this 30-days would not be available now...?

We are NOT talking about "the talk" amongst you guys down there in Pattaya now, we are talking about rules and regulations and what is valid law-wise here in Thailand. NOT what you can BUY down there in "that" Immigration!! We all know what is going on there!!

Plse read this thread and what it is about....Read especially Ubonjoes posts and learn from that!!

Glegolo

We are NOT talking about "the talk" amongst you guys down there in Pattaya now,

YOU maybe are talking about "what is valid law-wise here in Thailand"

but the OP (and WE) is talking about how it works in Pattaya/Jomtien.

He didn't say it was a national rule.

The US and the UK get their exempt entries by a unilateral decision made by Thailand. So they do get the 30 day extension.

Those on bilateral agreements is listed here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15383-List-of-countries-which-have-concluded-Agreements.html

Ubonjoe, thanks for all the information, but should love to have a list for the countries that have: unilateral decision with 30 days excempt!!!

Do you have that???

Thanks

Glegolo

This file from the MFA dated July of this year lists all types of entries. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20140710-094347-873017.pdf

It even has note at bottom of page about border entries for G7 countries.

But you will not see a list called unilateral entries. It is the standard visa exemption list.