Three killed, 30 injured in bus-pickup crash in Ayutthaya

webfact

Three killed, 30 injured in bus-pickup crash in Ayutthaya

AYUTTHAYA: -- A chartered bus taking Bangkok Metropolitan Administration on a study trip to Chiang Mai crashed into the rear of a pickup truck in Ayutthaya's Pang Pahan district at 8 am Wednesday.

The bus driver, the truck driver and a BMA official were killed and 30 other officials were injured. Witnesses told police that the truck cut in front of the bus to make a left turn, leading to the crash.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Three-killed-30-injured-in-bus-pickup-crash-in-Ayu-30248118.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-19

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be the case here , but one thing generally has the hairs on the back of my neck stand up , is approaching a U-Turn on the freeway. Stationary traffic pulling out into the fast lane of the opposite carriageway, They should go

When you go into Ayutthaya from The Freeway the roads are not great

• Like 2

until prison time and serious financial compensation (via insurance cover) are seriously enforced it will never change here....we are in the third world and it aint gonna change anytime soon

the culprit driver is also amongst the dead. in a sense paid for his fault, more then those run away drivers so common here, or more than a prison sentence would be.

Four dead, 40 injured in bus and truck crash

19-11-2557-13-33-31-wpcf_728x408.jpg

AYUTTHAYA: -- Four people were killed and 42 injured in a crash involving a chartered bus and two pick-up trucks on Highway 347 from Pathumthani to Bangpahan district of Ayutthaya this morning.

The incident happened at 07.40 am near Kilometre marker 37 of the highway.

The bus which engaged in the collision was among three buses chartered to carry about 120 officials and employees of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s budget department to attend a seminar in Fang district of Chiang Mai.

It was running in behind of the convoy of three buses with 40 passengers on board on Highway 347.

As the bus was crossing a bridge, a pickup truck overtook from the right and cut off the bus at once in order to make a turn into a soi.

The bus then rammed into the truck and another pickup truck coming out of the soi.

Killed were the bus driver Somkiat Satree, 46, first truck driver Chatan Tarisit, 50, and another truck driver Boonlue Sangprapai, 60.

An unidentified BMA employee was also killed when the bus ploughed into a roadside ditch and overturned.

All the injured were later admitted to Ayutthaya, Phra Sangkaraj, and Bangpahan hospitals.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-dead-40-injured-bus-truck-crash

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-19

Condolences to the families of the deceased. When seeing these Thai stories about the truck cutting in front of the bus to make left turn, you have to wonder about a few things. Seeing Thais drive and "do battle" on the road when another irritates them, you have to wonder if the bus driver was being a wise ass and instead of slowing up to let the truck in , he goosed it up to scare the truck off and be superior for a moment. Second, you could also wonder about the truck driver being a wise ass and expecting the driver to slow up and yield to his superiority. Third, you have to wonder who told the news reporter what happened, and why weren't they quoted? Who were these witnesses - bus passengers or passersby?

Seems your jumping to conclussions when you have NO facts to back them up. Why speculate?

• Like 2

Thailand road news has to start with RIP to the deceased same as the helicopter trips is there any safe travel in Thailand or should we just arrive here and if we survive the trip from the airport stay at home inside safe and sound.

I've had two accidents, both on my CBR 250cc, when idiots suddenly decided to do a left turn, with no signal, while I'm in the motorbike lane, and forcing me into the ditch.

They just don't THINK.

I find the same in my Mulsanne.

I am certain they think they are playing a computer game - but with deadly consequences.

Condolences to the families of the deceased. When seeing these Thai stories about the truck cutting in front of the bus to make left turn, you have to wonder about a few things. Seeing Thais drive and "do battle" on the road when another irritates them, you have to wonder if the bus driver was being a wise ass and instead of slowing up to let the truck in , he goosed it up to scare the truck off and be superior for a moment. Second, you could also wonder about the truck driver being a wise ass and expecting the driver to slow up and yield to his superiority. Third, you have to wonder who told the news reporter what happened, and why weren't they quoted? Who were these witnesses - bus passengers or passersby?

Seems your jumping to conclussions when you have NO facts to back them up. Why speculate?

The poster used the word 'wonder' so he was simply meditating on what could have happened. I don't see that he has jumped to conclusions.

3 coaches travelling in convoy, while what the pick up did was idiotic you have to wonder how long the 3 coaches had been holding the road up as they always do.

How could they have been holding the road up if they were traveling in a lane where the pickup was able to pass them and then hang a left in front of the buses? Pickup driver at fault and he paid the ultimate price while taking three others with him.

Buses often travel in convoy, it is generally better for traffic flow.

• Like 1

I've had two accidents, both on my CBR 250cc, when idiots suddenly decided to do a left turn, with no signal, while I'm in the motorbike lane, and forcing me into the ditch.

They just don't THINK.

I find the same in my Mulsanne.

I am certain they think they are playing a computer game - but with deadly consequences.

That is why im often on the fast lane with my bike going as fast as other traffic. I know i risk a fine better as risking my life. In the slow lane everyone cuts you off.
  • Like 2

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

3 coaches travelling in convoy, while what the pick up did was idiotic you have to wonder how long the 3 coaches had been holding the road up as they always do.

How could they have been holding the road up if they were traveling in a lane where the pickup was able to pass them and then hang a left in front of the buses? Pickup driver at fault and he paid the ultimate price while taking three others with him.

Buses often travel in convoy, it is generally better for traffic flow.

Article says "Witnesses told police that the truck cut in front of the bus to make a left turn, leading to the crash." so if they were banging along in one lane sounds like he pulled across them

They just don't THINK.

Nobody thought them to think:( a mentality with upsides and downsides

I have been in SE Asia for upwards of 15 years now, and still love it, despite its many irritations. Being ignored on the sidewalk or when driving ranks with the latter. There appears to be a self-centered approach to mobility that is ingrained in the consciousness of Asians, or perhaps it's actually one of the few moments of existence when they are not being polite because people expect it. Whatever the reason, I am often ignored, almost as if I were invisible when perambulation is called for here--driving too.

Thoughts ???

Edited by OmarZaidMD

Well in this accident neither the bus driver or the truck driver could run away, like usual, they are both dead on the scene.

Personally I never ride in those top heavy buses, they just look too dangerous for my liking.

Edited by Pundi6446