Experience with Thai Elite Easy Access

just did a visa run. very nice here near mekong river. lot of fun. I passed the bridge, and came back. it took me 1 hour.

now I go take the plane, and relax for 3 months with my 500k and compound interest.

I didn't spend 500k. money saved is used for my hollydays in Thailand and Lao. I used only 20k or 30k a year. all included. visa plus trip to Lao. (relax trip, plane and 3 or 4 nights hotel)

really guys, if you are elite, you have no idea what it is to have money and have fun while traveling. this is why I m a VIP in Thailand.

people think they need to drive 15 hours bus, and cone back next day...

it s not like that. just take your time, just visit a town for a few days, take the afternoon free , get on the bridge, make your visa run and you are set for another 3 months.

I love to do that. I can no wait for next time to do a visa run. :)

Edited by VIPinthailand

it seems we starting to have a little gang trying their best to poor scorn on another long term visa available to foreigners , who wouldnt want the hassle free life for close to 6 years instead of the pain of hoping for another extension on a yearly visa through agencies that might end tomorrow

• Like 2

it seems we starting to have a little gang trying their best to poor scorn on another long term visa available to foreigners , who wouldnt want the hassle free life for close to 6 years instead of the pain of hoping for another extension on a yearly visa through agencies that might end tomorrow

I think they are working their hardest to sell the elite visa. I recon the next thing they have to say is a tuktuk is better than a new limo to get to and from the airport.

Seriously daft.

• Like 1

just did a visa run. very nice here near mekong river. lot of fun. I passed the bridge, and came back. it took me 1 hour.

now I go take the plane, and relax for 3 months with my 500k and compound interest.

I didn't spend 500k. money saved is used for my hollydays in Thailand and Lao. I used only 20k or 30k a year. all included. visa plus trip to Lao. (relax trip, plane and 3 or 4 nights hotel)

really guys, if you are elite, you have no idea what it is to have money and have fun while traveling. this is why I m a VIP in Thailand.

it s not like that. just take your time, just visit a town for a few days, take the afternoon free , get on the bridge, make your visa run and you are set for another 3 months.

I love to do that. I can no wait for next time to do a visa run. smile.png

well hear you cry when you next "tourist" visa is denied

• Like 2

I love to do that. I can no wait for next time to do a visa run. :)

You wont be earning interest on money in Thai bank on a tourist visa me thinks. Yep 5 years on a tourist visa. Not possible. Sounds like your only option will be the TE card soon. Go on, you know you want to. Peace of mind and no more visa runs. Now woudnt that be nice. Unless of course you dont have the funds which sounds like you dont. Maybe thats the real reason for your envy posts.
  • Like 1

I am enjoying my life time in Canada and i never thought I'd say this, but I almost forgot how life is cheap here and Quebec women beautiful. If I had an Elite visa I would probably never take the time to visit my family and remind myself that there IS a life after Thailand if there is any political instability in the future.

Would be money well wasted for me.

I am enjoying my life time in Canada and i never thought I'd say this, but I almost forgot how life is cheap here and Quebec women beautiful. If I had an Elite visa I would probably never take the time to visit my family and remind myself that there IS a life after Thailand if there is any political instability in the future.

Would be money well wasted for me.

You are totally missing the point!! Most of us also go out of the country be it to our native home land or other.... The TE Visa doesn't mean you HAVE to stay in Thailand. If you choose not to visit your family because of it well words fail me there!!! All it means it's just easier to stay here... I personally travel alot it just makes the welcome back just a little sweeter with no visa issues for a small amount of money.. The political instability hasn't worried me too much for the last 18 yrs so I'm not going to let it start now.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quote
  • Like 2

If what you claim is true, then good-showclap2.gif My question is why are the so-called Thai Immigration lawyers not taking the exact same optional route (thru the system), for their 50+ years (pension receiving) farang clients? whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

If what you claim is true, then good-showclap2.gif My question is why are the so-called Thai Immigration lawyers not taking the same route (thru the system) for their clients? whistling.gif

2 good reasons are

1: they make more money from repeat business

2: a lot of people don't have the 500K THB available as it is needed for spending or seeding their retirement account to prove finance

If what you claim is true, then good-showclap2.gif My question is why are the so-called Thai Immigration lawyers not taking the same route (thru the system) for their clients? whistling.gif

2 good reasons are

2: a lot of people don't have the 500K THB available as it is needed for spending or seeding their retirement account to prove finance

Good explanation. Thanks.

2 good reasons are

However, any attorney who possesses the cognitive ability to see beyond the tip-of-their nose, knows, that the best repeat business comes in the form of satisfied client referrals.

Edited by TuskegeeBen

I think it would make sense if for some reason you don't want travel. However you still must report every 90 days (I prefer limited interaction with Immigration). I think that other much less expensive methods are available and are for me far more desirable. I return to the USA and obtain a one year visa that requires I exit the country every 90 days this is not a problem as I live near a border crossing and usually after 90 days in Thailand my wanderlust kicks in and a trip out of the country in just what the doctor ordered.

My question is after the five years are up do they give you a deal to rejoin or do they want the whole 50,000 Baht for the next five years?

2 good reasons are

However, any attorney who possesses the cognitive ability to see beyond the tip-of-their nose, knows, that the best repeat business comes in the form of satisfied client referrals.

An attorney that puts a clients happiness before profit, what a perfect world we would live in if only that were so wink.png

• Like 1

I think it would make sense if for some reason you don't want travel. However you still must report every 90 days (I prefer limited interaction with Immigration). I think that other much less expensive methods are available and are for me far more desirable. I return to the USA and obtain a one year visa that requires I exit the country every 90 days this is not a problem as I live near a border crossing and usually after 90 days in Thailand my wanderlust kicks in and a trip out of the country in just what the doctor ordered.

My question is after the five years are up do they give you a deal to rejoin or do they want the whole 50,000 Baht for the next five years?

I also live near a border, but I am a Thailand Elite member since 2003.

If needed, and if on a "normal visa", I could just cross the border to extend my stay.

But we all know how unpredictable this can be...

Even so, since I travel a lot, I would rarely have the need to cross the border.

But I would still have to face the immigration hassles, uncertainty, and immigration officers questions, at the airport, each time I come back.

Thailand Elite is pure peace of mind.

Peace of mind is priceless.

To answer your question, after your 5 years membership expires, you can join the full membership for 1,5 million, or buy another 5 years membership (which may be more expensive by that time).

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I am relocating back to Thailand from Singapore when my contract finishes in June. I found out about Thailand Elite membership online and i think it looks worth every cent. For me it is for the hassle free visas and star treatment on arrival. For the same reason, i fly business class on long hauls even if my company isn't paying for the Tickets.

I am relocating back to Thailand from Singapore when my contract finishes in June. I found out about Thailand Elite membership online and i think it looks worth every cent. For me it is for the hassle free visas and star treatment on arrival. For the same reason, i fly business class on long hauls even if my company isn't paying for the Tickets.

The Privilege Entry visa and the arrival assistance are indeed the most important benefits.

Personally I do not use the departure assistance, but never fail to use the arrival assistance, in order to cut all the queues (with a charming attendant besides me).

Once you become a member, you will notice that you exit the airport in a record time. Faster than anyone, even when flying business class, and even faster than fellow First Class passengers.

It's a very efficient and charming service.

• Like 2

If you fly Business class you get the expedited line anyway. So the Elite really does nothing for you in that regard. I have never been questioned flying into the Country. I have only been questioned at land crossings and never for more then a few minutes. My Visa costs $200 a year and I fill out an application in the comfort of my home in the U.S.A., I travel to the post office and three or four days later I get a Visa delivered to my home. No interview no B.S. and I have not made a five year commitment to staying in Thailand.
  • Like 1

If you fly Business class you get the expedited line anyway. So the Elite really does nothing for you in that regard. I have never been questioned flying into the Country. I have only been questioned at land crossings and never for more then a few minutes. My Visa costs $200 a year and I fill out an application in the comfort of my home in the U.S.A., I travel to the post office and three or four days later I get a Visa delivered to my home. No interview no B.S. and I have not made a five year commitment to staying in Thailand.

Everybody here certainly feels happy if you are happy with your chosen option.

Thailand Elite members are equally happy with their choice.

Nothing much to add :)

• Like 2

And thats your story and im happy for you. But many here have stated the TE is the best option for them and one they are happy to pay for. The application is simple. The arrival doesnt even compare to flying in on business class nor I am assured first class either. But for many it is a first class visa with those wishing to come and go as they please or for longer stays like me who are retired but not of retirement age.
  • Like 2

And thats your story and im happy for you. But many here have stated the TE is the best option for them and one they are happy to pay for. The application is simple. The arrival doesnt even compare to flying in on business class nor I am assured first class either. But for many it is a first class visa with those wishing to come and go as they please or for longer stays like me who are retired but not of retirement age.

Besides the Thailand Elite visa, ... be retired (comfortably) before the retirement age is something that many can only dream of :)

But, what is more important is indeed happiness.

There are certainly many old - but not yet retired - "students" or English "teachers" who are very happy in their life without a Thailand Elite visa.

It is just that Thailand Elite, its service and the visa, make life much much much easier.

Nothing to do with happiness, but it certainly contributes greatly to a good lifestyle in Thailand.

• Like 1