'Billions' of Baht worth of assets found at Thai CIB chief's home

webfact

Just another BS number pulled out of the sky

there is not enough time to sort all the money and count it ,

So see a number that another raid netted and 2x 4x 10x the number to make them look important.

would 500 million baht have not given them enough glory ?

Whatever the real number is this guy has been skimming money for a LONG time , if he is the top of this pyramid than keep going after the lower levels.

But the problem is there are so many money pyramids in LOS

Of course it was pulled out of the sky, because no one knows how much was skimmed off the top yet, as it's still being skimmed.

There isn't a person in this country, not one, who would walk away from the kind of tea money this guy will be able to pay.

There is the truth, then there is what the government / military allows the media to report.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criminals in Uniform highest grade.

Billions stolen from the thai people.
Where this money come from?
Drug trafficking, extortion, corruption, tax evasion?!
These felons in mafia structures belong into prison for a long time.
Hopefully there is transparency about what happens with this seized money.
Hopefully it flows in social institutions.
A review of assets and liabilities for all high civil servants should be mandatory.
And all unusually high increase in net worth should be taxed and confiscated.
There are so many poor people in Thailand who do not know whether they have anything to eat tomorrow.
And on the other hand, there are so greedy, immoral criminals think only of their own personal well-being.
An insult to all honest, working people in this country.
These officers are a disgrace to the kingdom.

In many places around the world,

they would be executed for this

(getting caught that is)

the question now is,

if he was just a middle range guy,

how much do the guys over him have stashed in their rooms?

btw, guys like this keep a close count on their loot,

so, the estimation of what he had there, likely came from him own record keeping

Criminals in Uniform highest grade.

Billions stolen from the thai people.
Where this money come from?
Drug trafficking, extortion, corruption, tax evasion?!
These felons in mafia structures belong into prison for a long time.

Hopefully there is transparency about what happens with this seized money.

Hopefully it flows in social institutions.

A review of assets and liabilities for all high civil servants should be mandatory.

And all unusually high increase in net worth should be taxed and confiscated.

There are so many poor people in Thailand who do not know whether they have anything to eat tomorrow.

And on the other hand, there are so greedy, immoral criminals think only of their own personal well-being.
An insult to all honest, working people in this country.

These officers are a disgrace to the kingdom.

The PM fobbed off the reason why so many Army Officers now running the show were stinking rich, was because of inherited wealth and rich wives.

In many places around the world,

they would be executed for this

(getting caught that is)

the question now is,

if he was just a middle range guy,

how much do the guys over him have stashed in their rooms?

btw, guys like this keep a close count on their loot,

so, the estimation of what he had there, likely came from him own record keeping

I hope they call in the Thai version of Poirot to get to the bottom of who put all that money in Khun Lt-General's house...

Read elsewhere and find a bit more about what was found.

It has been reported that around 10 billion of assets were seized from 6 of the former CIB chiefs houses.

So it wasn't all in one place as some have tried to make out.

This would appear to be only what they could remove and wont include things like property, bank accounts or shares, so the accumulated wealth of this gent will probably run into many more billions.

But according to some on here its only political and his ill gotten gains and how he accumulated them have nothing to do with it.

Robby, that sounds enough to fund a small army.

It does mexicanfarang,it does.

That price sounds low. My friend the former Pol. Lt. Co., paid more than one million US dollars just to be promoted to general. The cheap bastard took three years longer than necessary because he didn't want to get off the money. Now that he is a general, he is too hi-so to mingle with us commoners now.

At the rate things are going, within the next year, you'll probably be enjoying his recognition and hospitality again, or rather, he yours.

Inactive post?

he was just given the public perp walk

these guys are all going down, and all the way down so they cannot be active opposition to the junta

things are different this time,

just think,

what if two years from now, the conditons are still not right for elections?

we understand the Thai's don't think about tomorrow, but is the blindness contagious?

Agree - personally, I hope they don't call elections too early, but rather wait and wait until the opposition is defanged or dead. Only then will genuine political parties stand a chance at real elections and governing.

The most important question is what is to happen with all the ceased assts and funds? If Prayuth decides to liquidate everything far below actual worth, and then distribute the monies to the population in the North East (and not village chiefs) in a "bring your Thai ID, receive 20,000 baht" or "interest free business loans to start a new business" scheme, then he will not only be assured re-election (haha) but the public favoritism will turn away from the rich Chiefs...

• Like 1

That price sounds low. My friend the former Pol. Lt. Co., paid more than one million US dollars just to be promoted to general. The cheap bastard took three years longer than necessary because he didn't want to get off the money. Now that he is a general, he is too hi-so to mingle with us commoners now.

At the rate things are going, within the next year, you'll probably be enjoying his recognition and hospitality again, or rather, he yours.

He has been such a stuck up <deleted> that we don't care about him anymore. I/we have other Pol. Gen. friends that are much higher than him so, no worries. He should have been grateful that we were friends to him when he was just a lowly Lt. Col., LoL.

• Like 1

So at last there is real evidence the government is serious about ending corruption without fear or favour.I think Prayuth should be congratulated.I take this opportunity to dismiss with contempt the foolish minority which contends the initiative is not really about corruption at all but something quite different.These naysayers are clearly in the pay of Thaksin and are determined to undermine the reform process that all good Thais and foreigners support.

I hope you are being paradoxical.

So at last there is real evidence the government is serious about ending corruption without fear or favour.I think Prayuth should be congratulated.I take this opportunity to dismiss with contempt the foolish minority which contends the initiative is not really about corruption at all but something quite different.These naysayers are clearly in the pay of Thaksin and are determined to undermine the reform process that all good Thais and foreigners support.

To jayboy - no, he's being accurate.

Ditto - Prayuth deserves congratulations. Having been thrust into this, at least he intends to see this through, and does it for the benefit of Thailand, and all that matters within Thailand.

...and I'm being serious. This present military regime is very very different than the goons that took out Thaksin previously.

Ditto - Prayuth deserves congratulations. Having been thrust into this, at least he intends to see this through, and does it for the benefit of Thailand, and all that matters within Thailand.

...and I'm being serious. This present military regime is very very different than the goons that took out Thaksin previously.

Exactly.I fail to see why some are so cynical.Having been initially cautious I now understand the Government is genuinely going after the big fish, and for that all right thinking people must thank it.It's just irritating that a small group of malcontents insist that this particular crackdown is in fact nothing to do with curbing corruption at all but rather something completely different on which they cannot be specific.

• Like 2

"Exactly.I fail to see why some are so cynical..."

It's not so much a case of being cynical but rather one of being cautious until the proof is in. Let us wait until there have been prosecutions and convictions with substantial gaol sentences being handed down, Before I give the PM any accolades I want to see the end result. One should always remember to give a lot of credence to the fact that this may just be a settling of old scores between 'coloured camps'.

Exactly.I fail to see why some are so cynical.Having been initially cautious I now understand the Government is genuinely going after the big fish, and for that all right thinking people must thank it.It's just irritating that a small group of malcontents insist that this particular crackdown is in fact nothing to do with curbing corruption at all but rather something completely different on which they cannot be specific.

I doubt those malcontents will ever admit to the army doing anything right - and in the grand scheme of things, their voices are ultimately irrelevant.

So far, the army government has done far more positive things than all the prior governments combined - as ALL these prior govts have done is exactly what these malcontents are claiming, and nothing else.

Certain people will simply never be able to grasp different scenarios and situations, simply because their own narrow narrative won't allow them to.

• Like 1

How absurd this whole thing is . This level of corruption has gone on for years,

with all the big players knowing EXACTLY what is was going on. Looks like

what is going on now is some sort of purge based upon family connections.

So last year this corruption was fine, and now this year all the chest thumping

about stopping corruption. It is just pigs fighting at the feeding trough, what

a tragedy for the Thai people at large. ...

How absurd this whole thing is . This level of corruption has gone on for years,

with all the big players knowing EXACTLY what is was going on. Looks like

what is going on now is some sort of purge based upon family connections.

So last year this corruption was fine, and now this year all the chest thumping

about stopping corruption. It is just pigs fighting at the feeding trough, what

a tragedy for the Thai people at large. ...

Medieval scenes at court, i didn't think that they were that far behind but Thailand always has a surprise in store, just when you think they are getting their act together they find a load of corruption has been happening, my eye, how observant.