Definition of Big Bike

tmaker

ok...let's see what's the outcome ( not sure if there already a topic )

been searching but can't find the real answer.

the reason is, i've got a colleague who says he's riding a Big Bike. A Honda Phanthom TA 200. .

( not because i'm selling my Phanthom and now riding a Steed )

I think the correct size is 1000 cc and above.

------------...---------------

According to the Central shopping mall "big bike" parking lot security, a 150cc bike counts as big bike smile.png

I see PCX (to include the 125) in Siam Paragon's parking lot all the time. Fashion Island is pretty good at restricting the bikes to 200+ cc...although you'll occasionally see a CBR150 there.

Like most I say anything 150cc+ that doesn't look like an underbone or scooter.

I would only use that term talking to a Thai person since that's what they know.

In the West I would say anything 500cc+ is a bigbike; just my opinion of course.

I oddly don't have a desire to own a bigbike or car anymore because there is too much traffic in my life.

As much as I love bikes, I probably use the MRT/BTS more because it is so fast and easy.

I don't ride outside of BKK often so the largest bike I would consider now is a Duke 390 with a narrow set of bars.

If someone felt compelled to give me an MV Agusta I would take it, but leave it in my apartment as art.

I once saw a Farang on a sweet Paningale stuck in traffic in a 1 piece race suit on Sukhumvit.

I envied the bike of course but felt sad for the rider as I walked faster on the BTS skywalk.

He must have been roasting in that leather suit.

If I could afford a Paningale it would be kept at a house next to Bira.

'Big' as it relates to two-wheeled vehicles is relative and subject to opinion, and therefore can't really be defined- every motorcycle and scooter falls into a particular class, with some classes running larger than others.

In LOS, due to the nature of the market and the overwhelming representation of scooters in the 100cc-150cc categories, anything from 250cc and up is considered' 'big' by the majority of riders- I personally consider anything under the 600cc class to be 'small', anything between 600cc and 900cc to be a middleweight, and anything above 900cc to be 'big'.

• Like 1

I would consider:

Big bike +400cc

Super bike +1000cc

Actually liter bike would be superbike

That's how I see it.

Though I don't ride a big bike in Thailand.

If you like it you should it takes you away from things. But as far as I know your busy enough and perfectly happy where you are.

• Like 1

I would consider:

Big bike +400cc

Super bike +1000cc

That's how I see it.

If you like it you should it takes you away from things. But as far as I know your busy enough and perfectly happy where you are.

Hear hear. It's not what you ride...it's the fact you're riding!

I would consider:

Big bike +400cc

Super bike +1000cc

That's how I see it.

Hear hear. It's not what you ride...it's the fact you're riding!
Of course it is about riding and enjoying the ride not what you ride.

Paying fare on a ferry, such as Samui, CBR150 pays as big bike.

Just curious what do you pay on the ferry for a bike.

Can't remember. Not a lot.

I do remember that I bought the ticket, but when I got to the gate where you presented the ticket, it was wrong, and I had to go back and change the ticket to 'big bike' and nearly missed the departure as a result.

Always an adventure!

Scooters Phantoms Kawasaki boss less than desirable

250 cc Pipsqueak Range

500-750 cc Medium Range

800-900 cc Large medium

1000 - whatever cc (After a Liter) BIG BIKE

In the States A big Bike has always been a liter up , at least that is the way I always have heard my riding companions consider it.

Hardly anyone rides less than a liter bike in the U.S. unless it is a dirtbike....then you don't want a huge bike to rip it up with.

Only in Thailand have I ever heard a 400 or a 650 considered a big bike. Sport bike ya but a Big Bike only in your dreams.

• Like 1

On Pappuya bike meet in Pattaya they say bikes below 400cc are not allowed inside the area, smaller bike parks outside and no one questions the tattooed long haired bikers at the entrance but okay they are very pro Harley to put it midly.

In the end it doesn’t really matter what category I/you/them/he/she put your bike in, does it?

150- 300cc = light weight

500-750cc= middle weight

750-1200cc= heavy weight (big bike)

1200- 2500cc= super heavy weight ( big bike with capital B)

250 cc Pipsqueak Range

500-750 cc Medium Range

800-900 cc Large medium

In the States A big Bike has always been a liter up , at least that is the way I always have heard my riding companions consider it.

Hardly anyone rides less than a liter bike in the U.S. unless it is a dirtbike....then you don't want a huge bike to rip it up with.

Only in Thailand have I ever heard a 400 or a 650 considered a big bike. Sport bike ya but a Big Bike only in your dreams.

What in the hell are you talking about? Out of the ~60 or so people I know back home (USA) who ride, only about ~6 have a liter or up (and those are all old dudes on big cruisers). The other ~55 are all on 250-600 range, with 300-500 probably being the most common.

250 cc Pipsqueak Range

500-750 cc Medium Range

800-900 cc Large medium

What in the hell are you talking about? Out of the ~60 or so people I know back home (USA) who ride, only about ~6 have a liter or up (and those are all old dudes on big cruisers). The other ~55 are all on 250-600 range, with 300-500 probably being the most common.

I had the same observation; other than I'd say the spread was largest in the 600-883 range. Few people I knew had anything smaller than a 600 Jap and most of the Harley riders I knew had the baby Sportsters. Of course this was in the Rust Belt where you'd be lucky to have 4 or so months to ride.

250 cc Pipsqueak Range

500-750 cc Medium Range

800-900 cc Large medium

I had the same observation; other than I'd say the spread was largest in the 600-883 range. Few people I knew had anything smaller than a 600 Jap and most of the Harley riders I knew had the baby Sportsters. Of course this was in the Rust Belt where you'd be lucky to have 4 or so months to ride.

Well, I'm only 23 so most the guys I knew where around that age. Most 300-600 sports bikes. An occasional Rebel or some other classic bike.