New iPhone? How to copy your old phone to a new one

thai tech

New iPhone? How to copy your old phone to a new one

iPhone-Backup-Main-Pic-702x336.jpg

If you have upgraded your iPhone to a new one (such as the iPhone 6) and want to know how to copy all your content, contacts, messages and settings over the easy way, don’t worry because it’s very straightforward.

Many people simply log into iCloud when they buy a new phone, which synchronises all your messages, contacts, passwords, and photo stream. Unfortunately, while it’s definitely a handy way to start, it doesn’t copy all your settings and apps over, so you would still have a lot of manual tinkering to get everything back they way you want it.

There is a better way! The simplest method is to backup your current iPhone to Apple’s network service called iCloud and then restore the backup to the new phone.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/new-iphone-copy-old-phone-new-one/

thaitech_logo.jpg
-- Tech News by Thaivisa 2014-12-03

Recently got iPhone 6 to replace my old iPhone 4. I don't care for iCloud. When I plugged the new phone into the Mac that I'd been using with my v.4 phone, I just followed the prompts to have all the old settings, etc. copied to the new phone. I forget the exact procedure, but I remember being surprised at how easy it was.