Are sunflowers blooming now in Looburi?

macnmotion

Yes they are in flower,almost on my doorstep they is a good field of them ,now where in Lopburi .

I live in Pattanaikom,in central Lopburi , here sunflowers have been a tourist attraction for some years they are 2-3 farms that have open days, for the time they are in flower,

One guy I know he has 2-4 plots, of 2-3 rie, 2 plots now ,and if his timing is right 2 more for the new year.

How to get there Bangkok,out past Don Muang airport/Rangsit, on to Saraburi, near Salarbui follow signs to Passakcharsit Dam ,in Ampour, Pattanaikom,or on to Saraburi, though town center, going to Lopburi,set of traffic lights ,left Route 21,Petchaboon/Lomsak about 15 km traffic lights,right signed post Pattananikom ,3 1/2 km (between Soi's 15-16),LHS Jumpee park sunflowers,went past to day ,some in flower,have seen better, did see some on the main road near Pattanikom ,might be past their best ,but they might be another field well in bloom, can carry on should be some more,open days/fields.

Or when you get in the area just swing off the main road ,should not have far to go ,to find some sunflowers, and not many people.

This year there's a lot and they are looking good ,( farmers are direct drilling the seeds now ,reduces,costs and they get a more even crop,than the old way of almost ploughing them in, and get an uneven crop).

But be warned,the Passak Dam , was one of HM King's projects.and as it is his birthday ,people ,come and visit the sunflowers ,then on and visit the dam ( by the bus load),which could be worth a visit ,might be a lot of traffic,I was out this evening, and the roads were busy.

There is no fixed time ,for sunflowers, allmost now untiil the new year,they are a dry season crop ,do not like a lot of water,and 90% of farmer do it for a living,should have no problem is finding a crop for some photograph.

Yours Regs.

KS

• Like 2

Thanks for the great info. Headed there early morning. If i get any good photos I will post here.

It was packed to the rafters when I passed on the 21 yesterday on route from Suvarnabhumi to Lom Sak,took me 7 hours to get home.

The sunflowers looked lovely but it was extremely busy good luck.

Be sure to buy some coconuts as well.

Edited by stoneyboy

We just returned home from our early-day trip. We left Bangkok at 4:25am for Lopburi, both to beat the crowds and to see the sunflowers in the early morning light. When we arrived at a field in Lopburi at about 6:20am, even the vendors were not set up yet. This would normally have been right at sunrise, however it was pretty cloudy, so I wasn't able to set up for a sunrise/sunflower photo.

As it turns out, it's surprisingly difficult to compose a good sunflower photo. Here are a few shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/macnmotion/sets/72157649211686027/

After wandering the fields, we drove another 5 minutes to a local temple which is the home for a couple hundred peacocks. On the way out from the temple we stopped along the road to purchase some local-made honey — very tasty and a great price! We stopped by the Pa Sak Jolasid Dam, which honestly wasn’t too impressive tome. it’s an earthen dam the has created a huge reservoir, and is probably better for family picnics than for photo ops. After an early lunch, we were on our way back to Bangkok and home by 12:30. Quite an early day trip.

Just a few notes — There was obviously no traffic when we left Bangkok. And since we were at the sunflower fields when the sun came up, there were no crowds. By the time we left we saw a number of people photographing the sunflowers, but really the fields are so huge that no matter the number, if you’re willing to walk a bit you can set yourself up very nicely without any interference. The ride home was equally traffic-free — I think Sunday will be much worse than it was on Saturday.

We just returned home from our early-day trip. We left Bangkok at 4:25am for Lopburi, both to beat the crowds and to see the sunflowers in the early morning light. When we arrived at a field in Lopburi at about 6:20am, even the vendors were not set up yet. This would normally have been right at sunrise, however it was pretty cloudy, so I wasn't able to set up for a sunrise/sunflower photo.

As it turns out, it's surprisingly difficult to compose a good sunflower photo. Here are a few shots:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/macnmotion/sets/72157649211686027/

After wandering the fields, we drove another 5 minutes to a local temple which is the home for a couple hundred peacocks. On the way out from the temple we stopped along the road to purchase some local-made honey — very tasty and a great price! We stopped by the Pa Sak Jolasid Dam, which honestly wasn’t too impressive tome. it’s an earthen dam the has created a huge reservoir, and is probably better for family picnics than for photo ops. After an early lunch, we were on our way back to Bangkok and home by 12:30. Quite an early day trip.

Just a few notes — There was obviously no traffic when we left Bangkok. And since we were at the sunflower fields when the sun came up, there were no crowds. By the time we left we saw a number of people photographing the sunflowers, but really the fields are so huge that no matter the number, if you’re willing to walk a bit you can set yourself up very nicely without any interference. The ride home was equally traffic-free — I think Sunday will be much worse than it was on Saturday.

By look of those hills in the background, you must have been near ,Arn sub lec,in lopburi,wondered where the peacocks were, good back drop,and good photos.

As for the dam you have a point,Thai's love it and the fishing is good, it was built to help prevent flooding in Ayutthaya province,where the Passac river flows into the Chow Periyar river,holds back the water during the rainy season, that was the idea but does not seem to work, and they is a concrete canal system around Pattananikom,for farmers to use for irrigation, water is pumped from the dam,I would say that about 10% is used, the rest is just wild ,good for the wildlife, but it seems a waste of a lot of money, and the land it took up to build.