Where can I get a non-im "O" based on Retirement?

I will be 50 next year. I am currently on the 2nd entry of a triple entry tourist visa issued in London.

Where can I get a an "O". I am likely to go to the Philippines so is Manila possible? Otherwise I assume Penang or Laos would be OK. Where else in the region?

I already have 800,000 baht. What do I need to show? Just the bank book? A letter from the bank? Proof it's come from overseas?

Manila would not be a good choice. The last report I can recall is that they will not do them.

Penang or either location in Laos will do them without a problem.

You could also do change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa entry in Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Hat Yai. You could do it up to last 15 days of any of your tourist visa entries or extension of them.

I was aware that conversion in Thailand was possible. However, I live in Pattaya and I seem to recall seeing a post that suggested it was no longer possible there.

My 2nd tourist visa stamp is admitted until 13 January and I am 50 on 23 March. I often go to the Philippines at Songkran so I had been considering extending my current entry then doing a border run and trying to yet the "O" in Manila during the Songran but it seems this is not a good option. However, a few days in Penang would be fine.

I am likely to go back to England in June so getting another single entry tourist and then the "O" in London is another possible option.

I was aware that conversion in Thailand was possible. However, I live in Pattaya and I seem to recall seeing a post that suggested it was no longer possible there.

Correct, it is not longer possible in Jomtien, it must be done in Bangkok..

Edited by paz

No non 'o's in UK for you, why not get a 30 day extension on your current permission to stay and then a border run for your 3rd entry, convert to non 'o' in Bangkok followed by a year extension for retirement reasons at pattaya. I think that would fit in with you birthday and having 15 days left on your permission to stay, that would save any trips to Laos or Panang