obtaining a re-entry permit at immigration

watgate

Well, I spoke to immigration here in Phitsanulok and there is good news and not so good news. The good is I will not need a re-entry permit but I cannot renew my extension of stay before I leave in January(not so good), you can only renew 45 days prior to my April expiration. So I save money on leaving but when I return in July I must go to Immigration at Chang Wattahana and convert my tourist visa to a 90 day non-imm O for 2k baht and then when that expires Phitsanulok Immigration will sell me a new one year extension of stay. All in all that is cheaper and less work than getting a new Visa in the states.

I will get a free notarized income affidavit from my US bank before returning to save having to go to the US Embassy in bkk and pay the ridiculous $50 notary fee for one here.

I'm pretty sure this is all correct having talked to immigration but if I am missing something please feel free to offer advice.

I would recommend that you (if possible) get a Non Immigrant O visa in the U.S. If doing the conversion in Thailand, it will not be done in one day. After you apply for the conversion at Chaeng Wattana, you will have to come back 14 days later to pick it up.

Also, I am almost certain that Bangkok Immigration will not accept an income affidavit from your U.S. bank, only the one from the U.S. embassy in Thailand is accepted (or tax papers if income is from within Thailand). And remember, you will need two income letters one for the conversion and one for the extension, and while I don't know about Phitsanulok Immigration I would be very surprised if they accept anything other than the embassy letter.

Sophon

Ah I C... P-lok immigration failed to mention 2 visits to BKK immigration which is a long way from P-lok.

The stateside Non O as you and Vagabond mention is sounding better and better I will be calling the

Honorary in the Florida first thing when I get back.

As to the Income affidavit P-Lok immigration supplied a list of documents to be submitted for the conversion

and the #3 proof of income option states " A document proving foreign remittance OR

the guarantor letter from the Embassy or Consulate proving the 65k baht per month pension."

Soooo I'm thinking a Social Security and Pension statement of income letters combined with a notarized proof

of income affidavit from my US Bank should satisfy them, but if not I can always go to the Embassy and have

whatever I say notarized as gospel.... for $50 of course.

It would be interesting to see if Thai Imm. would accept actual proof.

Thanks for more good advice Sophon.

Edited by tpiety2

Well, I spoke to immigration here in Phitsanulok and there is good news and not so good news. The good is I will not need a re-entry permit but I cannot renew my extension of stay before I leave in January(not so good), you can only renew 45 days prior to my April expiration. So I save money on leaving but when I return in July I must go to Immigration at Chang Wattahana and convert my tourist visa to a 90 day non-imm O for 2k baht and then when that expires Phitsanulok Immigration will sell me a new one year extension of stay. All in all that is cheaper and less work than getting a new Visa in the states.

I will get a free notarized income affidavit from my US bank before returning to save having to go to the US Embassy in bkk and pay the ridiculous $50 notary fee for one here.

I'm pretty sure this is all correct having talked to immigration but if I am missing something please feel free to offer advice.

I would recommend that you (if possible) get a Non Immigrant O visa in the U.S. If doing the conversion in Thailand, it will not be done in one day. After you apply for the conversion at Chaeng Wattana, you will have to come back 14 days later to pick it up.

Also, I am almost certain that Bangkok Immigration will not accept an income affidavit from your U.S. bank, only the one from the U.S. embassy in Thailand is accepted (or tax papers if income is from within Thailand). And remember, you will need two income letters one for the conversion and one for the extension, and while I don't know about Phitsanulok Immigration I would be very surprised if they accept anything other than the embassy letter.

Sophon

Ah I C... P-lok immigration failed to mention 2 visits to BKK immigration which is a long way from P-lok.

The stateside Non O as you and Vagabond mention is sounding better and better I will be calling the

Honorary in the Florida first thing when I get back.

As to the Income affidavit P-Lok immigration supplied a list of documents to be submitted for the conversion

and the #3 proof of income option states " A document proving foreign remittance OR

the guarantor letter from the Embassy or Consulate proving the 65k baht per month pension."

Soooo I'm thinking a Social Security and Pension statement of income letters combined with a notarized proof

of income affidavit from my US Bank should satisfy them, but if not I can always go to the Embassy and have

whatever I say notarized as gospel.... for $50 of course.

It would be interesting to see if Thai Imm. would accept actual proof.

Thanks for more good advice Sophon.

I'm positive that you will find that P-lok immigration will require exactly what it says, i.e. a letter from your embassy or consulate in Thailand. I have never seen any report here on TV of anything else accepted by Immigration to prove foreign income, a letter from your embassy/consulate in Thailand is always and without exception required. Sometimes they ask for backup proof of your income, but that is not instead of but rather in addition to the embassy letter.

Sophon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What is the situation at Immigration these days re getting a single re-entry permit? Long queues? What time should I go? I'm not going at 5:00 or 6:00 A.M. thanks. I know what docs to bring and how much.

I thought I read somewhere that you can get a re-entry permit at that Immigration Office out on the San Khampaeng Road near Promenada, but I can't recall where I read it. True? False?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

What is the situation at Immigration these days re getting a single re-entry permit? Long queues? What time should I go? I'm not going at 5:00 or 6:00 A.M. thanks. I know what docs to bring and how much.

I thought I read somewhere that you can get a re-entry permit at that Immigration Office out on the San Khampaeng Road near Promenada, but I can't recall where I read it. True? False?

Thanks!

Bump!

Thanks!

OMG, Electrified !!!! crying.gif

Now, will there could be a firestorm of rumors and speculation! The problem with TV Chiang Mai is passing along too many unsubstantiated rumors such as this; then it gets to be nothing but static !

Before posting a message like this, wouldn't it help to remember where and give reference to your "news." If you can't come up with something solid, then wouldn't it be more helpful to chill rather than to start a speculative storm?!

You can get a re-entry permit at CM airport. It will cost 100B extra if they do all the paperwork and take a photo. From my last inquiry when I was there last month, it might be free if you come prepared with the required completed documents and photo.

Please note that it is only available with a boarding pass.

Edited by vagabond48

CNX process re-entry permits at international departures. Require passport/visa size photo and boarding pass.

BKK [suvanabhumi] have an excellent service [with 200BT fee] which includes photo taken and form filling.

I asume DMK [Don Muang] have similar service but I have no detail.

I guess means both single and multiple re-entry stamps.