Robert Kronberg puts Piro Consulting on hold

Robert Kronberg puts Piro Consulting on hold
BY GREGERS MØLLER

Robert Kronberg, a high-profile Danish resident in Thailand since June 2002, has decided to put his current business in Thailand on hold and move to Denmark at least for the coming three months with his wife Ploypailin and son Frederik.

Robert Kronberg and Khun Ploy applied for visa to Denmark on Thursday 11 December 2014 and the same day, Frederik was naturalized and received a temporary passport while a “real” passport is being prepared. According to Robert Kronberg, the family holds tickets for departure on 19 December 2014, but the date may be postponed if the visa for Khun Ploy is delayed.

Piro Consulting, Robert Kronberg and Khun Ploy’s business, has been through turbulent times recently. A few month ago, he and his company was the target of a social media campaign to discredit his visa service business. His other business as a local partner for companies wishing to establish a business in Thailand has suffered since the financial crisis in Europe. For the past two years, he has been involved in establishing a booking engine website for a business partner. This business partner informed him last week, that he was no longer able to keep financing the partnership, effectively causing the collaps of Piro Consulting.

On Saturday, Robert Kronberg took down the website www.piroconsulting.com

Robert Kronberg got involved in the social life of the Scandinavian community soon after his arrival in June 2002. He was a member of the church council under the Church of Sweden and was also for many years Board Member of the Thai-Danish Chamber of Commerce. In April 2012, Scandinavian Society Siam elected him Chairman and in 2013 he was reelected to the post until he stepped down in April 2013.

--ScandAsia.com 2014-12-12

That's a shame.

A really nice guy, a bit eccentric - but very helpful to a lot of people, in the Scandinavian expat environment in Thailand. He was/is also very active on different web-boards/facebook groups giving free advices on visas, family reunification(which is very hard in his homecountry) etc...

He really did not deserve the flack he got, from the "retired taxidriver/mailman/bus-driver/YouNameIt" -segment, of some of the less serious Scandinavian/Thailand forums.

It always puzzled me, when people complained that they paid for a service, that they could have done them self..?!? I would never use a service like that my self, i can apply for my own visas - but he hardly kidnapped people in front of the Embassy's? blink.png

He offered a service, they bought the service.....if they wanted to do it them self, well go for it - most of us do that.

He seems like a resourceful guy, I'm sure his trip back to Scandinavia goes well thumbsup.gif

Edited by KhunMoo
  • Like 2

That's a shame.

A really nice guy, a bit eccentric - but very helpful to a lot of people, in the Scandinavian expat environment in Thailand. He was/is also very active on different web-boards/facebook groups giving free advices on visas, family reunification(which is very hard in his homecountry) etc...

He really did not deserve the flack he got, from the "retired taxidriver/mailman/bus-driver/YouNameIt" -segment, of some of the less serious Scandinavian/Thailand forums.

It always puzzled me, when people complained that they paid for a service, that they could have done them self..?!? I would never use a service like that my self, i can apply for my own visas - but he hardly kidnapped people in front of the Embassy's? blink.png

He offered a service, they bought the service.....if they wanted to do it them self, well go for it - most of us do that.

He seems like a resourceful guy, I'm sure his trip back to Scandinavia goes well thumbsup.gif

I do not know Robert Kronberg, but I have heard as mentioned by you that he is a bit eccentric. You are correct when stating that this is a service one can do by yourself - of course when you live here or stay here for a certain period. But it was extremely impressive that a customer complaint about Piro Consulting would result in about 40,000 postings on one Danish/Thai website. The way I understand it the customer had no possibility to do the job himself so he wanted the documentation sent to Denmark. The customer paid a deposit to Piro Consulting and Piro Consulting did not do the job, did not respond to the customers' queries by phone and kept the deposit, which should have been returned to the customer. As there have been other complaints related to Piro Consulting then I believe that "the customer is always right" and Robert Kronberg should simply just have returned the deposit in order to avoid all the fuzz. Poor judgment.

• 3 weeks later...

the custumer ordered Robert to do a job for him, Robert was a bid delay mostly due to the custumes change and many reqest and before Robert did finish the custumer canseled the job and did not want to pay so offcorce Robert keep the deposit, that the short storie the long storie goes on as the custumer did try and ruin Roberts name in all forums he cut