My feelings about Thailand

roego

i hated cambodia, especially cambodian men. they have this smile that i have never seen before. its not the same as thais or other areas.

it probably has to do much with my interpretation, but the smile coupled with the constant touting really put me off. im also certain there was an erotic undertone in many cases.

so much so that i decided based on this reason that it was not a satisfactory long term living option. immigration asking for a bribe at phenom pehn airport when departing was also a nail in the coffin.

even vietnam where the touting can be worse and the attitude less accomadating was preferable. laos was also great, liked the people there.

Edited by fey

I for one would be interested to see other peoples feelings about this topic instead of the usual smartass replies. I've spent a long time in the Philippines and to be fair, Filipinos are in a completely different league. Go into a shop or restaurant and you will experience first class service and politeness, not some sullen face stuck in smart phone. I came to Thailand with a view to settle but I'm having second thoughts. I would welcome others experiences of Cambodia and Vietnam.

Buy yourself a maybe local and take the path.

The two sign thing is what I find a bit deceitful. They post an English sign with the farang price but not the Thai price. Then the Thai sign with both. It is almost like saying that they think the Thai will play along with the game. I guess they know it is wrong so they need to hide.

it means it s free and you can go through because it s illegal to make a farang price. it ' s the law....

The two sign thing is what I find a bit deceitful. They post an English sign with the farang price but not the Thai price. Then the Thai sign with both. It is almost like saying that they think the Thai will play along with the game. I guess they know it is wrong so they need to hide.

it means it s free and you can go through because it s illegal to make a farang price. it ' s the law....

it ' s the law....

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I for one would be interested to see other peoples feelings about this topic instead of the usual smartass replies. I've spent a long time in the Philippines and to be fair, Filipinos are in a completely different league. Go into a shop or restaurant and you will experience first class service and politeness, not some sullen face stuck in smart phone. I came to Thailand with a view to settle but I'm having second thoughts. I would welcome others experiences of Cambodia and Vietnam.

Buy yourself a maybe local and take the path.

Sorry, you've lost me there

i agree, me too, but equally so the OP

• Like 1

did you enjoy the Filipino food??

No, I don't like Filipino food but there are plenty of alternatives available. Don't misunderstand me, the Philippines has it's own challenges for the ex pat which is why I'd like to know more about others experiences in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

Edited by torrow
  • Like 2

No, I don't like Filipino food but there are plenty of alternatives available. Don't misunderstand me, the Philippines has it's own challenges for the ex pat which is why I'd like to know more about others experiences in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam.

Have you tried http://www.cambodiavisa.com ?

Have you tried http://www.cambodiavisa.com ?

Thanks for the info. Yes, I've looked already and obviously, it's biased towards Cambodia. I know there are members here who have lived in different countries throughout South East Asia and could offer experienced comparisons.

I really do wonder if the Moderators might consider setting up a Sub Forum on here for the people who have, in my opinion, a problem with Thailand.

In the sub forum, these people could moan & whinge to their hearts content, about Thailand.

I often find myself becoming exasperated with the complaints & petty observations about how "imperfect" Thailand is.

Because as we all know, our Country of origin is a Nirvana by comparison.......cheesy.gif

Perhaps if the Mods do set this up, there could be a small charge which would vary according to the Nationality of the moanee....a sort of dual pricing scheme? whistling.gif

Only 1 option available.

That's for the update OP..... TV never ceases to amaze me. What do you want op from this thread. Some people to back up your feelings?? What . I don't get it. You dont like Los anymore. Excellent. See yuh.

i think they are saying that the visa hassles are too much here and they are seriously considering moving to cambodia...

That's for the update OP..... TV never ceases to amaze me. What do you want op from this thread. Some people to back up your feelings?? What . I don't get it. You dont like Los anymore. Excellent. See yuh.

i think they are saying that the visa hassles are too much here and they are seriously considering moving to cambodia...

Thinking in Thailand ? , not much of that going about with those trying to stay on a whim.