My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!

My dear friend, for what it's worth..... I have no idea which model you have but to my knowledge ( which is quite good as I'm a Automotive Development Engineer ) the only Manufacturer Defaults on the Wildtrax Double Cad 3.2 diesel which has caused quite a stir is a water pipe coming from your Autobox gearbox. Your cooling system for the gearbox and engine is combined and it's known for this pipe to perish very early (usually within warranty still ) and Ford has a massive headacke regarding this.

So this might be your answer your looking for.... They might not be waiting for a "part" but is having a fight with Ford themselves for a NEW engine..... !!

Please take into account I have not seen your vehicle so I might be wrong, but this is the only inside info I can provide you with on the Ford 3.2 diesel Wildtrax regarding Manufacturer Defaults.

Good Luck.

I received a letter in Thai about returning to Ford , as my wife is not technically aware , she could only tell me it was a hose for cooling.

On the letter it said I had up to 9 months to bring the motor in.

My other problem with them , and my wife knows a few Thai people it has happened to , is , the a/c quits , no lights on the dash to suggest a problem.

I returned to Ford and they told me it was just something that needed re-setting ( it took them 2hrs ) and that I had to close my a/c/ before turning off the engine. Have you heard of this one ?

We really only pay attention to real problems such as " drive train " but I'm also aware of the A/C system being up to scratch due to the expansion valve and bad connector block where the H/S and L/S connects to the cabin on the passenger side inside the engine compartment. Your A/C system is anyway seen as a accessory and in a " GREY AREA " when it comes to the warranty.

No warning lights on the cluster ( Information Display ) suggests a problem in your high speed Communication Network ( Can Bus ) or a bad earth could also be the problem but it's very seldom the cluster itself is at fault.

For me personally the drive train hardware ( engine, gearbox and chassis on wheels ) is very well balanced and engineered, BUT the finishing off ( cooling system, electrical system, A/C, interior quality etc ) is a disaster..... and was rushed to get to market.

PS: Yeah.... the letter you received is most properly a recall notification so they can replace the combined engine / gearbox cooling hose as mentioned by me in post. They don't want more blown engines due to a brittle hose do they, and you don't want to end up in the some boat as our friend here.

I would suggest to take the vehicle ASAP to have it sorted.

And then get rid of it and buy the new 2.2 diesel CR-V instead thumbsup.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by CapeThai

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a whiner, or defender of whiner which is worse?

dude, they punked you. takes 8 min. to plug in the processor in your dash board to give them the correct failure code. huh....how long did you wait for a answer to what was wrong? why you did not check fluid & oil levels at first sign of trouble? you have been pegged as a whiner, not to far from the truth. the best thing you can do is drop all the press coverage b/s and approach the dealership boss in a humble posture, because you were driving while warning light was on. you are at fault also,.... man up & stop the whine, maybe it will help or maybe it will not as you have shot yourself in both feet already :-)

Why don't you read the whole thread before you whine about whiners.

Most dealerships, european too, do not emply technicians but simply employ parts changers, they have very little diagnostic experience except for reading off a screen.

if the pipe has been replaced and the lights stay on and they say they can reset them, that sounds odd as a full reset will usually turn the lights off, even if they come back on again with 30 secs to a minute.

the best techs DONT work at main dealerships and might be good to find a local garage who know what they do..

HERE'S A TRY FOR YOU. the codes are held in the ECU. one way to rest it is as follows. follow these instructions for a reason if you do it at all..

1.. turn all the lights on on the car, and the heater.

2.. disconnect the battery for 5-10 minutes

3.. reconnect battery

4... turn off lights etc

see what happens

good luck

Sorry, are these the steps to fix a mechanically damaged gearbox, or to troublsehoot an overheating PA amp? biggrin.png

Sorry, blame phutoie2 for planting that seed wink.png

hahaha yes we can blame him. no this was the original way for techs to reset an ECu when the problem was ( hopefully) fixed and they didnt have scanner to hand.

there are two types of codes, hard and soft ( dont go there) both are erased this way. if the repair is done and the ECU not properly rest then the error will still show up. the real prob between a tech and a parts changer is that these analysers only tell u what the ECU is being told. a chaffed cable ( for example) to a sensor, can show the sensor not working, and also give bad info to the engine management system which will , in turn, make the car run like crap. as car design turns more and more toward hi tech/lo tech computer management so the problem becomes bigger.

the part description in the OP is rubbish as there is no such part, so its hard to diagnose here. if it were the gearbox he would probably know by now as if its an auto it would be doing all sorts of weird things. so I have to assume its in the engine or a leaking pipe, bad sensor etc.

the key is that he said he was still driving it, presume it runs fine.. so the fault is likely to be minor and one that doesnt really affect the engine/gearbox too badly.

a whiner, or defender of whiner which is worse?

dude, they punked you. takes 8 min. to plug in the processor in your dash board to give them the correct failure code. huh....how long did you wait for a answer to what was wrong? why you did not check fluid & oil levels at first sign of trouble? you have been pegged as a whiner, not to far from the truth. the best thing you can do is drop all the press coverage b/s and approach the dealership boss in a humble posture, because you were driving while warning light was on. you are at fault also,.... man up & stop the whine, maybe it will help or maybe it will not as you have shot yourself in both feet already :-)

Why don't you read the whole thread before you whine about whiners.

Please learn how to quote, now it looks like I asked your question. But I still managed to understand you, and can tell you what is worse: somebody who comments on a thread without reading other posts, therefor making a completely out of date post.

And BTW, the OP's problems are solved, maybe thanks to the whining.

Edited by stevenl

I'm missing something here !!!

Assuming the truck is in production at this time ..... Their must be a whole heap of these mysterious and rare " gear tops " in the assembly plant right now.

Maybe it arrives already fitted to the (assume) gearbox, so no part is available as an individual item. No problem there ... Fit the whole new gearbox (or engine or whatever it's fixed to).

I own a Ford Everest. I had a starting problem from new and the resulting non interest from the main dealer here. All it took was a polite but factual email, in English, to Ford Thailand, customer care. A polite reply was returned with an appointment to revisit the dealer at a specific time. When I arrived at the appointed time the entire staff were led out to greet and apologise to me. 4 of the staff then set about changing the battery, the starter motor, the solenoid, and replaced all the leads and earthing cables. In all it took about an hour and a half. Problem cured and never returned.

As far as I'm concerned Ford are ok, the dealers ..... That's another story.

Edited by billphillips

Assuming the truck is in production at this time ..... Their must be a whole heap of these mysterious and rare " gear tops " in the assembly plant right now.

I refer you to the definition of "Assume", as per the uncyclopedia:

The word Assume comes from the latin words ass, u and me, and, according to ancient scholars, its meaning, roughly translated is "to make an ass out of u and me". Popular idioms have lent to the idea of capitalization of some of these words, to draw greater emphasis towards them. For example, it is sometimes spelled as ASSume, to emphasize the importance of the word "ass" in the equation.
Edited by IMHO

My opinion again......and I am sorry for your problems.

To buy an American made car in a country where Toyota and Isuzu have available parts and service everywhere, and are also cheaper and better, do not make any sense....Chevrolet just had a recall for all the SUVs sold in Thailand in the last 2 years...But...looks like FACE is important for some people that can afford the cost, the agravation, and depreciation.

Some Europeans drives a Corvette even paying more than a similar Ferrari...

What I would do is this?? On the web and look up the Ford HQ in North America, contact them email or in person shortly telling them your situation here in Thailand and who is the contact CEO etc.. in Thailand or South East Asia.

Next go get your truck. roll it out to the front of the dealership! Before doing that go and make signs 3 ft by 3ft in English and Thai saying this vehicle is a no good broken do not buy FORD! Have your friend take a photo of this with the Ford dealership behind. Now put it all over the Internet including sending it to the HQ in North America particularly the Thailand HQ and South East Asia Division! Also take out a ad in the Bangkok Post in the Car advertising division! Good luck you should get your part in FedEx fashion!

I don't think he needs any more suggestions for now, it has been fixed (for good hopefully) already....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/784552-my-11-month-old-ford-wild-track-with-40000km-is-dead-and-no-one-will-help-please-help/?p=8821695

I guess you are just bored and need something to do, maybe you should apply for the job of post corrector or something? If people like myself didn't keep on going you would have nothing to do with your day?

Personally I'm glad people just go on and go it must be killing you mr. perfect?

When I was growing up everyone pretty much had American, as we know they produced a lousy product! It came to be do not buy American! I had a Chevy and all it did was breakdown every cent I made went into fixing the damn thing. I finally got a VW Super Bug with a sunroof, basic price was $1999.00, after 150,000 plus miles I got another VW, a Scirroco, after 165,000 plus, I had a better job and wanted something bigger so I looked at the Toyota 4Runner but for some reason said to myself " Do not buy American " I just love the size and look of the Jeep Cherokee. In the end, I went in a made Toyota a offer the guy cop a attitude so I ended up getting the Jeep! Bad mistake, from day one problems after problems, tried to get them to buy it back ( lemon law ) bad attitude and nothing but excuses from Corporate top to bottom.

Being here in Thailand, I have seen Ford pulled itself out of the bottom, nice designs, and when it comes to the Ranger, beautiful design, love the size etc... comes in small or large motor and those leather seats? WOW! but when I here you have to wait months to get one and then I see stories like this one along with all the negative remarks. I just crossed it off my list! Right decision is to put my million baht plus into a fully loaded Hilux Vigo!

Did you get hold of the dealer manager? I would also consider reporting direct to Ford headquarters in the US... not that they could necessarily have influence over a dealership in a third world country, but perhaps they could fast-track the part over to you.

Haha, I have never seen the office occupied when I visit.

My old Ford truck has proven reliable, but I do not like the way I am treated at the service centre.

I think you mean, my old Mazda truck smile.png Up until the current gen, the Ranger was a badge engineered Mazda wink.png

Well it has Ford written on it so I shall just go along with that. for now.

Fact of the Times though, brand names being bought out.

Why are people continuing to give advice? The problem was sorted out a while ago.

This is why I never contribute to any post that has 2 or more pages unless I was there at the start.

You have to read every post before commenting.

Many comments from self-appointed administrators and unwanted historians on this thread, what a sad life they lead 555.

Who cares if this guys problem is solved if I only wanted to state my opinions and experiences. Why does some "self-appointed admin" have a problem with that?

The Mazda truck is in fact a Ford design with a shared assembly plant in Thailand. The Ranger is manufactured in Thailand and shipped to countries throughout Europe and beyond.

I refer you to the definition of "Assume", as per the uncyclopedia:

The word Assume comes from the latin words ass, u and me, and, according to ancient scholars, its meaning, roughly translated is "to make an ass out of u and me". Popular idioms have lent to the idea of capitalization of some of these words, to draw greater emphasis towards them. For example, it is sometimes spelled as ASSume, to emphasize the importance of the word "ass" in the equation.

Incorrect. Go back to school or refer to Mr Google for the true meaning of assume. I presume that would be within capabilities.

I'd like to contact Ford USA too.

Just bought a Focus Sport+ for the wife's birthday and it took them nearly 3 weeks to transport the car less than 250km from the AAT factory in Rayong? (She confirmed a car of that colour is available now at the factory)

The HGV driver delivered the car to another ford dealer 50km away, so the car was driven to where we ordered it with 60km on the clock!

(In my opinion the car's used after being driven on the road)

EVERY dealer gives free window film right? And we all want the proper 3M stuff, not that cheap Chinese copy crap that's available...

Well, Ford don't!

I had to pay an extra 3,000฿ because I insisted on 3M!!!

I know you can get a Focus done for 3,500-4,000฿!

Yet they said they don't discount/refund the supposed 5,000฿?? that they spend on film if you want the car without film.

Hmmm, more typical Thai business logic...

Their supposed 5k plus my extra 3k =... T.I.T.

Oh, and by the way...

If you take advantage of their 4 yr 0% finance, you get ripped off and bugger all extras.

If you buy it cash or choose the standard finance option you get the 3M film and all the extra accessories "Free?"

It's not "really" free is it??

Her expression of "Wot no tip???" was quite amusing as we drove away.

Nice car, LOVE the dynamic parking thing (hands free parking!!!) but still P'd off about this pathetic attempt of customer care from Ford Thailand.

I've still yet to receive replies from my two emails of complaint to the Bangkok office!!

Just blatant ignorance if you ask me!

Edited by Porkster

I've still yet to receive replies from my two emails of complaint to the Bangkok office!!

I'm no Ford apologist, but I'm really confused - what was your complaint against them?

Summary for " My 11 month old Ford wild track with 40,000KM is Dead and NO ONE WILL HELP,.. PLEASE HELP!"

Its Monday morning, Dec 22nd, so its been exactly 2 weeks.

Truck broke down on 8-Dec

Worked with the dealership for the first 2-3 days until they told me it was out of their hands.

Waste a little more time with Ford Call center.

I started kicking up dust when it was exactly 1 plus week but we had gotten no where. That was 15,16 of Dec. I think i posted on TV forum also on 16 Dec.

Got tons of advise.

i also was able to get a hold of Ford USA on twitter but did not do me much good. Just connected me to the Thai team which was bascally the same level of people i was already working with from call center so of course no real solution.

Everyone on here gave me a lot of advise. I found the best was, DO NOT MOVE THE TRUCK UNLESS FLAT BED!! (Thanks)

When i started to tell ford i would move it on flat bed to BKK so that i could go to consumer protection followed by perhaps press... they started to think twice.

I also sent emails to Ford usa.... CEO and a few others. Although those emails were sent on Monday 15th, i did not get an answer till 17th night 9pm. On the 17th night 9pm the email i did get i posted here, you can see it, i was along the lines that the case it passed to someone that can help.

I got a call on 18th at 4pm from an American gentleman who told me he was now aware and on the case and he was the Regional Director for ford based in Bangkok. He said he would have a answer for me by Friday.

Friday we waited for update, but up to lunch nothing. A very nice gentleman named Fred on here offered to pop by to see what was going on with my truck.

By that time, Ford BKK had already send a brand new transmission up to the center and they were already in process of changing. They never told me as i guess they wanted to make sure it was all A OK,.. or i don't know.

I saw the post from Fred that they were doing that so we called ford to check, and they said yes, they were instructed to change and test.

I got a call at 5pm from the Regional Director telling me all work was done, what they had done and that was the fastest way to ensure my truck was on the road. Said sorry and if any other issues regarding this particular truck to talk to him directly.

I got a follow up mail that evening giving me some of the contact people in case i become unhappy again.

They said they have some service issues and they are working on training to resolve them. They said they need things to esculate to higher level to ensure solution are their for the customers.

Overall, the first 10 days i was upset and the call center telling me over and over again, 26 Feb and there was nothing else for me. It was really the Fb 26 that really made me stomp my feet.

Overall i got a lot of good advice on here. Thank you!! As i said, anyone that has issues unresolved with Ford post it or PM me , i would love to try to help you get in contact with someone to hopefully get a solution like i did.

I had my Truck since Friday 11am, So Fri, Sat, Sun, and this morning, we are fine. It drives great. I do notice the gears seem smoother. so perhaps i had a defective transmission or perhaps i have a wild imagination.....

Thats all folks.

Any questions post of PM me, i will continually check back.

Edited by Maesotthailand

Just bought a Focus Sport+ for the wife's birthday and it took them nearly 3 weeks to transport the car less than 250km from the AAT factory in Rayong? (She confirmed a car of that colour is available now at the factory)

The HGV driver delivered the car to another ford dealer 50km away, so the car was driven to where we ordered it with 60km on the clock!

EVERY dealer gives free window film right? And we all want the proper 3M stuff, not that cheap Chinese copy crap that's available...

Well, Ford don't!

Yet they said they don't discount/refund the supposed 5,000฿?? that they spend on film if you want the car without film.

Oh, and by the way...

If you take advantage of their 4 yr 0% finance, you get ripped off and bugger all extras.

If you buy it cash or choose the standard finance option you get the 3M film and all the extra accessories "Free?"

Nice car, LOVE the dynamic parking thing (hands free parking!!!) but still P'd off about this pathetic attempt of customer care from Ford Thailand.

4k for 3m film is extremely cheap.

Sometimes, people just want the moon thrown in free with the car. No mass market car brand dealers will give you 3m film, unless it is the FX HP or lower series, which is still good, but 3m has several grades up to Crystalline.

Same thing with floor mats. You'll get the cheapies always, so just assume that you will have to do the proper tint and floor mats yourself (negotiate the value out of the package), and you get a nice ride.

Re the Ford Fiesta fiasco.I understand the owners of the problem cars have babanded together to make a formal complaint to the Consumer Protection Department after getting short shift from Ford.

I'm no Ford apologist, but I'm really confused - what was your complaint against them?

I explained everything in my post [emoji6]

Well, Ford don't!

Oh, and by the way...

4k for 3m film is extremely cheap.

Sounded a little cheap to me too for a car that size & it's the quote I got from SolarKool.

Maybe it's the price before skintax [emoji13]

Standard tint is about 3.5-4k

The mirrored one would be about 5k

Call Steve (Company owner) on 0860839140, see what you get? It'd be interesting [emoji6]

Edited by Porkster

Sometimes, people just want the moon thrown in free with the car. No mass market car brand dealers will give you 3m film, unless it is the FX HP or lower series, which is still good, but 3m has several grades up to Crystalline.

Same thing with floor mats. You'll get the cheapies always, so just assume that you will have to do the proper tint and floor mats yourself (negotiate the value out of the package), and you get a nice ride.

Whatever, 3M is 3M and as long as it comes with the 7yr warranty I'm happy, [emoji1]

I got 3M film with my Fortuner 9 years ago & proper top of the line (at that time) floor matts throughout and a load of other free blingy stuff.

As did all the other people I know that bought their car cash.

I don't know who you've been dealing with to think it's acceptable and "normal"? But I've never seen or heard anything like that?

Edited by Porkster

Parts issues can easily be an issue with brands that don't have much marketshare. That's the main thing that holds me back from going Ford (first car was a Mustang...) for a couple of trucks that we will need soon. I think a recent CNN article on small trucks in Thailand had like 110k Vigos, 95k D-Max's, and 17k for Ford for sales volume last year. Certainly a better looking truck though IMO.