Chinese passenger opens emergency exit 'to get some fresh air' as plane prepares for take-off

webfact

Person should be banned from flying. Who cares if it's his 1st time flying. Did he not pay attention to the pre flight safety instructions from the cabin crew? Numpty

To be fair, I've never actually heard the cabin crew say: "please do not open the emergency doors except in a real emergency".

Perhaps they assume that people who are able to breathe and walk might actually have some kind of a functioning brain between their ears.

Evidently this is not the case in China.

Person should be banned from flying. Who cares if it's his 1st time flying. Did he not pay attention to the pre flight safety instructions from the cabin crew? Numpty

To be fair, I've never actually heard the cabin crew say: "please do not open the emergency doors except in a real emergency".

Perhaps they assume that people who are able to breathe and walk might actually have some kind of a functioning brain between their ears.

Evidently this is not the case in China.

AirAsia says something like this:

Don't open the door until being instructed by the captain saying "Evacuate, Evacuate, Evacuate"

Don't open the door until the plane has come to a complete stop.

Don't open the door if there's fire or smoke outside the door, or any other obstruction"

Blah blah blah, study the guide, blah blah, press the button or ask any of the crew, blah blah....

Edited by matseng

Beneath all the overpriced real estate. Beneath the Tofu bridges, roads, railways, and buildings. Beneath the empty ghost cities and mega construction projects. Beneath the intentional poisoning of baby formula and other foods with substitute ingredients in order to make every last penny. Beneath the toxic devastation of rivers, lakes, and forests. Beneath the encroaching desertification. Beneath all of that lies 500 million or so uncouth, uneducated Chinese newbies with a little money in their pocket who are ready to brawl on airplanes, trash hotels, attack airline personnel, and open airplane exits in mid flight. These are the people who will reverse Chinese corruption and make China into the 21st century's superpower. Right.

Napoleon's Monogolized "Giant" . . .

Opened the door cause he couldn't find how to wind the window down. Shouldn't be allowed out of their homes, never mind out in public.

And TAT are doing their damndest encouraging the Chinese to come to Thailand ?????

Its part of the TAT's new 'open door' policy.

Opened the door cause he couldn't find how to wind the window down. Shouldn't be allowed out of their homes, never mind out in public.

If the plane was pressurized he couldn't open the door, so if he did the aircraft wasn't pressurized.

And TAT are doing their damndest encouraging the Chinese to come to Thailand ?????

Don't you think bringing up the 'quality' tourists is getting a bit old and BORING? Move on phil

Who mentioned anything about "quality tourists?"

Quote "Opened the door cause he couldn't find how to wind the window down. Shouldn't be allowed out of their homes, never mind out in public"

Learn to read, before you comment. bell end

• Like 1

It must have a aircraft built in China, like everything they make it cheap. The exit doors are locked by the flight crew and if the engines are running there is internal lock and not able to open with a cockpit warnig also. But if they were parked still and no engines running they it is possible.

...................The passenger, on board the Xiamen Air flight from Hangzhou to Chengdu, caused amazed fellow travellers to take a series of snaps on their mobile phones..................

The passenger, on board the Xiamen Air flight from Hangzhou to Chengdu, caused amazed fellow travellers to restrain him and alert the cabin crew???

Strange as I heard this was on landing and taxing to the gate when the doors could have been disarmed - would not be possible after doors had been shut and armed after leaving stand.

Yes it would, but it would have inflated the slide if not an over wing exit.

Doors armed means the slides are armed and an opening of the doors will inflate the slides, which they should be to ensure people can use the slides during emergency evacuation.

Doors/ slides should normally be armed from the time of push back until parking after the flight.

Regards

Beneath all the overpriced real estate. Beneath the Tofu bridges, roads, railways, and buildings. Beneath the empty ghost cities and mega construction projects. Beneath the intentional poisoning of baby formula and other foods with substitute ingredients in order to make every last penny. Beneath the toxic devastation of rivers, lakes, and forests. Beneath the encroaching desertification. Beneath all of that lies 500 million or so uncouth, uneducated Chinese newbies with a little money in their pocket who are ready to brawl on airplanes, trash hotels, attack airline personnel, and open airplane exits in mid flight. These are the people who will reverse Chinese corruption and make China into the 21st century's superpower. Right.

No, that will be their educated, polite children with a lot more money in their pockets, who will know about airplane safety, wont dream about trashing things,attacking people or doing something so ignorant as opening the door of an airplane, who will do that. The transition from peasant farmers to factory workers has been remarkably fast and there are some social problems as a result but, consider the emphasis on education and you can get an idea of what the future will hold for the next generation.

• Like 1

Strange as I heard this was on landing and taxing to the gate when the doors could have been disarmed - would not be possible after doors had been shut and armed after leaving stand.

Emergency doors cant be opened once the wheels are up, this wasn't the case here

That seems very unlikely to me. You really think you're not able to open the emergency doors if the landing gears hasn't deployed - like on a water landing or some other mechanical failure?

The usual stated reason for not being able to open the doors while in the air is the pressure differential between the cabin and outside air. You're simply not strong enough to open the door.

That is true.

Shortly after take off, the aircraft will be pressurized and you will not be able to open the doors.

For smoke evacuation in case of a fire, the pilots can depressurize the cabin and the door seals will deflate allowing some smoke to escape out the now not completely sealed doors.

This will normally be done at lower altitudes and speeds.

Cabin pressure will also go to match the outside air pressure during landing for making it possible to open the emergency doors in case of an emergency evacuation after landing.

regards

What are you talking about? Pre-flight safety instructions never mention not to open a door before the flight takes of.

Perhaps true. However, all passengers should be checked by cabin crew to make sure they are in their seats with their seat belts fastened prior to take off. What was the cabin crew doing?? coffee1.gifrolleyes.gif

I flew to Udon Thani and back to BKK and was wondering about this type of incident. Can those doors be open during mid flight ?

Scary stuff , I am always very aware of my surroundings on a plane since 911. Kept my eye on a couple of young men changing seats during the flight. I wonder what I would have done to those two Chinese pieces of sh...t that disrupted that plane. beatdeadhorse.gif

I doubt it with the pressure being much higher inside.

I always thought switching them to automatic, somehow locked them. (Pre flight procedure).

First you need to fly Xiamen Air. Its a wonder there was a door on there in the first place.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I saw this with my own eyes on a flight a few weeks ago Beijing to Hong Kong on Dragon air. Majority of passengers were in large Chinese tour group, Before take off 2 guys walked from Economy to Biz Class and sat in unoccupied seats, big shouting match with crew when they were told to move. As the plane started its final descent into Hong Kong at least 30 people were stood up trying to get luggage out of the racks ,

Why on this forum, people cannot be identified by something else that their nationality ?

A chinese blabla
A Norvegian blabla
Thai people blabla
Myanmar blabla

Then we have comments like : "i take back all the negative comments i made about thais, seems chinese take the cake" or "the Chinese should not be seated anywhere on an aircraft" ...

And after I see complaining about thai being racist ?
I think this forum has a problem

But I am open to discussion.

Cheers
C.H

Edited by Cheap High

Why on this forum, people cannot be identified by something else that their nationality ?

A chinese blabla

A Norvegian blabla

Thai people blabla

Myanmar blabla

Then we have comments like : "i take back all the negative comments i made about thais, seems chinese take the cake" or "the Chinese should not be seated anywhere on an aircraft" ...

Cheers

C.H

Right, so what do you want do use as the identifier then? Body weight? IQ? Sexual orientation? Number of tattoos and piercings? Number of books read the last year? Income? Number of posts in the forum? Preferred dresscode? Religion? Meal preferences?

I can't see any problem doing generalisations of how a certain ethnicity from a certain social group behaves in general. As long as it is understood that it's an average and cannot be used for a specific individual.

Edited by matseng
  • Like 2

A chinese blabla

A Norvegian blabla

Thai people blabla

Myanmar blabla

Cheers

C.H

Right, so what do you want do use as the identifier then? Body weight? IQ? Sexual orientation? Number of tattoos and piercings? Number of books read the last year? Income? Number of posts in the forum? Preferred dresscode? Religion? Meal preferences?

I can't see any problem doing generalisations of how a certain ethnicity from a certain social group behaves in general. As long as it is understood that it's an average and cannot be used for a specific individual.

Actualy it would be less discrimantn to say "passenger"...

"I can't see any problem doing generalisations of how a certain ethnicity from a certain social group behaves in general"... Doing generalisation on 1 billion chinese ? do you think only 50% of them would open the door in a plane ? or even 5% ?

Dont you get upset when people call you "farang" ? Do you accept to be in the same bag as all the farangs living here ?

If the plane was pressurized he couldn't open the door, so if he did the aircraft wasn't pressurized.

Do you mean all aircraft doors open inwards?

I don't understand how this was possible. It seems clear the pilots hadn't pressurized the cabin yet.

When the cabin is pressurized it is to around 6000-8000 feet so the pressure inside would actually be less than outside at ground level, that is, a vacuum inside relative to outside. Only at altitude when the outside pressure is very low would it prevent the ability to open the doors which would be around 1100 pounds per square foot based on some articles. In other words, a ton or more of pressure pushing against the door from the inside at altitude.