Thai police launch 'You'll Never Walk Alone' campaign

webfact

The recent surge in reports regarding random stops and searches, drug tests and extortion, have spread very fast.

You can't change that damage with a new slogan. It only makes it worse.

There needed to be real action, to stop foreigners from being harassed, and there was none.

• Like 1

Well I think it's a splendid slogan but they should consider a new slogan each week, in order to hold the public's interest.

Next week, for example, "I'm Paying It", the following week, "Just Pay It", then "Who Dares Pays", and to round off the first month, "It's a Kind of Payment".

• Like 1

Another fancy slogan.............................And no action.................coffee1.gif

Doesn't that remain to be seen?

Yes we are all holding our breath in fervent and absolute trust that the RTP will do exactly what they say and respond promptly and effectively to every genuine call.

Looks like BS...mmm...sniff, sniff, sniff.... it smells like BS....I wonder what it tastes like?

So they've decided they need more patrols to keep everyone safe. Funny...I don't remember anyone complaining about not feeling safe, except when it comes to unwanted intrusions from our heroes of moral virtue in brown. And then, icing on the cake, they also reckon it's time for an online tattle tale line...get ready tattlers, hours of fun there. You could be a hero too! Textbook police state 101, but as always lovingly gift wrapped and presented as something "to bring happiness back to the people". Cracks me up every time I see that turn of phrase....and it's been bandied about quite a bit lately.

Yep, it tastes like BS too.

Merry far khing Christmas!cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-

• Like 2

Maybe next week it will be "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying". I thought Jerry & Pacemakers put that R & H song on album because it was Liverpool song, not that they started the ball rolling (this decades later as I am a Yank, bought J & P album in early teens). It is possible to learn things here! Maybe should have chosen Arsenal: The Gunners? I am sure army thinks that RTP would best be seen as Man U: red devils.... couldn't be Bolton, as wandering implies getting out of the station....

• Like 1

It would be nice if the police would just patrol the streets and highways, and give tickets to speeders, drunk drivers, andrunning of red lights.

That may actually improve safety.

Sorry, did I understand you correctly, are you suggesting that they do their jobs and enforce the law in a fair and transparent manner ?

• Like 1

>>Calls could be reached right to the duty police officers directly in addition to the busy 191 call by dialling 0613850191 / 0613851191 / 0613852191 and 0613853191 at 24 hours, he said.<< Quote

So to replace the too busy emergency line, they bought 3 mobile phones!!

Pure genius!!

he he he - yer right laugh.png

Lets replace the easy to remember 191 number receiving 8,000 calls per day, with 4 mobile phones with cryptic numbers that no one will remember - that will cut down the caller numberswhistling.gif Genius indeed! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-

The math... assuming that the call rate stays the same, each of the 4 mobile phones will receive 8,000 / 4 = 2,000 calls per day.

if the calls are evenly distributed throughout the 24 hour period ( 24 x 60 x 60 = 86,400 seconds), then to ensure a caller gets through, each call must not be longer than 86,400/2000 = 43.2 seconds, and not clash.

I suspect that they may have to buy a few more SIM cards, mobile phones, employ some more staff (lots)to cope with this call level.

Consider the photo below - during one shift, around 30 dispatchers struggled to cope with approx 1,800 calls at one of 72 ambulance dispatch centers in the UK (a country with roughly the same population as Thailand).

Meanwhile in Bangkok, one guy sitting in front of a computer screen is somewhat overworked as he vainly attempts to deal with 8,000 calls per day on a near permanently engaged nationwide emergency call number ... and the powers that be are surprised... and expect the issue to be corrected by 4 additional mobile phone numbers. blink.png

Seriously - The officials here who plan these schemes are demonstrably utterly clueless and incapable of even basic schoolboy math or logistical planning of any kind. Loony-tunes the lot of em!

_72024595_ambulancecallcentre.jpg

• Like 1

Once major draw back to the numbers they are saying to call and that is no one will remember them. They should get all the numbers into a hunt group and make the resulting number an easy to remember number.

We had the same set of long very forgettable numbers in Canada.

It is not hard to do any of this it just takes a bit of will and to think what will work for someone in a panic situation