why do so many farangs marry ?

catman20

If you want to pay a young girl to sleep with you there's nothing wrong with that but that's not the topic of discussion is it; unless, of course, you're up for marrying a prostitute, AOA??

Not sure you could ever tell about a woman's past, if they have no diseases or ink and you speak no Thai.

As long as they have a fertile womb, why would their past occupation matter?

Well if a fertile womb's all you require in a woman, you're deserving of our pity.

Me, if I were remotely interested in marrying a Thai woman, I'd at least make sure she wasn't from the kind of stock a large number of farangs appear to source theirs

• Like 1

spelling not my strongest point, ment to say doubters,,,

never know a site with so many grammer police,

sp after many many years of having a great craic on here,

thats me done,

enjoy TV, for what is supposed to be a helpfull forumn,,

No need to chuck your toys. Better to chuck whatever grog that is you're throwing down your neck.

spelling not my strongest point, ment to say doubters,,,

never know a site with so many grammer police,

sp after many many years of having a great craic on here,

thats me done,

enjoy TV, for what is supposed to be a helpfull forumn,,

Be fair, it was a funny one.

We love your posts, no need to leave in a temper.

And SB desperately needs a few humor posts.

Group1 -They are wasted and old farang desperate to stay in Thailand. So they shack up with some old crone for the marriage visa so they can run a bar easier etc. Even that doesn't give you any citizenship and could end up being changed. Yet they steam ahead anyway with the house and 'land' they think they own. Go figure. I don't think many last, but TV would have you believe otherwise.

Group 2 - Another is they seem to think they are 'superior' farang with their trendy post-modern thinking putting them ahead of the curve. Some liken the effect that China is going to be the new superpower and they should ingratiate themselves to Asians with kids etc. This is often the younger farang, often British usually.

Now it used to be they wouldn't actually be stupid enough to knock up the local birds with kids. That was very unusual back in the 1990s and even the early 2000s. Yet nowadays with the liberal brainwashing and cultural marxism in full-swing more have fallen for this.

Apart from some Thai Visa posters who seem either immune to such things nearly ALL the farang I've known married to Thai women have ended up either dead, divorced or abandoned. Sometimes with the kids dumped on him!

The remaining one farang is in an unhappy marriage with his wife denying him any comfort in the bedroom (I've even heard he has to sleep on the floor)!!!

Thank my lucky stars I didn't fall for their BS and claptrap.

You forgot group 3, the majority, who live happily ever after.

• Like 2

Any silly fool like catman who thinks marriage is not based on money, is living a life of lies and deceptions. Every woman in the west and the east both, is looking for financial security. Nearly all women worldwide are looking for financial security. And there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong, is when a man tries to deny this reality. That is wrong. The arrangement may be a little different here. Generally, a man who gets married here does not have to give up financial control of his entire world when he gets married here. He does not have to add his wife's name to his every asset, he does not have to disclose his every asset to her. If he gives her a monthly allowance, how is that different from him adding her to the checking account in the west? Explain that one to me please. Of course we want our wives to be comfortable. If she is not working she needs money to eat, to buy clothing, to live, and to enjoy her life. If we give her an allowance, how is that not something you can understand?

It is time for guys like you to man up, and accept the way the world works. Western women have a lot of western men hypnotized into thinking the way the system works back there is the only valid and acceptable way of life. That is how many women want it to work. Some of us choose alternative lifestyles and systems that seem far more equitable to us.

Nonsense. It's 2014. Women are able to achieve financial security for themselves, without waiting for a man to provide for them.

And many Women in BKK are now doing just that and earning big money.

If you're planning to keep her for life, then why not get married?

Who would want to keep the same woman for life?

If you genuinely can't think of an answer to that question, I feel sorry for you.

Saggy T&A you're welcome.

Oh and you're in top top shape, I suppose?

Group1 -They are wasted and old farang desperate to stay in Thailand. So they shack up with some old crone for the marriage visa so they can run a bar easier etc. Even that doesn't give you any citizenship and could end up being changed. Yet they steam ahead anyway with the house and 'land' they think they own. Go figure. I don't think many last, but TV would have you believe otherwise.

Group 2 - Another is they seem to think they are 'superior' farang with their trendy post-modern thinking putting them ahead of the curve. Some liken the effect that China is going to be the new superpower and they should ingratiate themselves to Asians with kids etc. This is often the younger farang, often British usually.

Now it used to be they wouldn't actually be stupid enough to knock up the local birds with kids. That was very unusual back in the 1990s and even the early 2000s. Yet nowadays with the liberal brainwashing and cultural marxism in full-swing more have fallen for this.

Apart from some Thai Visa posters who seem either immune to such things nearly ALL the farang I've known married to Thai women have ended up either dead, divorced or abandoned. Sometimes with the kids dumped on him!

The remaining one farang is in an unhappy marriage with his wife denying him any comfort in the bedroom (I've even heard he has to sleep on the floor)!!!

I suggest Mitsubishi find a new set of friends. His sound like a rather sorry lot of men. Most of mine are very content, and leading good lives with their exceptionally nice, kind, respectful, attractive Thai wives. Then again, none of those wives were found in bars or brothels. And none of these guys are dead, abandoned, or divorced. I guess they are immune. Or maybe they are smart guys who take their time getting to know a woman, and look for them in the right places.

• Like 1

I suggest Mitsubishi find a new set of friends. His sound like a rather sorry lot of men. Most of mine are very content, and leading good lives with their exceptionally nice, kind, respectful, attractive Thai wives. Then again, none of those wives were found in bars or brothels. And none of these guys are dead, abandoned, or divorced. I guess they are immune. Or maybe they are smart guys who take their time getting to know a woman, and look for them in the right places.

But I’m grateful that he has warned us about us about the trendy post-modern thinking of cultural Marxists who are trying to ingratiate themselves to Asians. I was previously unaware of that problem.

I suggest Mitsubishi find a new set of friends. His sound like a rather sorry lot of men. Most of mine are very content, and leading good lives with their exceptionally nice, kind, respectful, attractive Thai wives.

I have been here several decades and all of my close friends are married and all of them are in good relationships with Thai women - a few of them were bar girls. I give more credit to the women than the men as all my buddies fool around constantly or - in some cases - did till they became too old to go through all the work.

Edited by Ulysses G.

But I’m grateful that he has warned us about us about the trendy post-modern thinking of cultural Marxists who are trying to ingratiate themselves to Asians. I was previously unaware of that problem.

Me too. He sounds like a real intellectual. Maybe a Harvard professor? Or the screenwriter for the new Night at the Museum 3? That was quite a profound movie. Always nice when the posters help us along with some insights into our lives, or the lives of others. We need others to spell things out for us. It is very generous of them to do so.

What I wonder is, how much of that effort do you think he is putting into breaking down his own life, habits, issues, and dilemmas? Or, maybe his insights have already helped him to perfect himself?

I bet that if any one of these girls told her guy that she'd been screwing around, they would go ballistic and some even fall apart..........

No doubt, but I would be highly surprised if any of my friends wives were messing around - even the former bar girls. Almost all of them are really good people.

The most faithful of the men, that I know well, never messes around in Chiang Mai, but once he leaves the province, he reverts to his single days. He is the only guy I know that even bothers being that circumspect.

I can't really blame these guys as it is so hard to resist the petite, feminine, amazingly beautiful women available here, but that is why I don't get involved in a serious relationship.

• Like 2

Op you might not like this but my wife earns + 200k a month, she makes sure i always have at least 1 million in my bank to do with as I want and also another 400k in another account for the extension of stay.

I know youve probably died of shock now but it does happen.

I have never paid her Im retired shes 38 Im 51 I have no pension yet. been married 8 years

I know.............your probably on the floor now with a nasty bump on your head.

What I did do was buy 4 condos to rent out when we first met, she took the ball an ran with it, building a business for herself, all condos now sold and the money in my account.

She continues in real estate, Im a kept man!!w00t.gif

Even more incredible for you, she has NO parents.

She aint got white skin and wasnt educated overseas, shes Issan.

Good on you 'kannot'. I believe you. Some people are bitter and twisted and only have negative views like so many on this forum so they won't believe you..

There are many happily married farangs with Thai ladies whether much younger or not. T hey just can't be bothered and have no wish to reply many of the stupid comments made on this forum.

There are some good ladies in Thailand no matter where they come from.

My wife of 4 years has never been paid a monthly 'salary' to be with me. I control the purse strings and she is more than happy with the arrangement and thankfully she is quite prudent with money.

Since we married she contibutes to the family coffers by making over 50,000B a month. She says it is not her money but our money.

I was previously with a lady for almost 3 years and never felt comfortable enough to want to marry, it was not a good match. I learnt from this and moved on, maybe the OP should do the same.

There is a down side for those who are in a loving long term relationship and do not want to get married. If either one dies, especially without leaving a Will, this can cause some serious problems.

It will not be easy to sort out the estate here in Thailand and lawyers will take a large chunk of the value of the assets to do this. I have heard of charges in excess of 20%.

I was bought up not to judge people for what they do, be it a waiter, cleaner, company boss, refuse collector, bank manager, teacher, mechanic or road sweeper etc, they are all people and deserve the same respect.

They are doing the best they can to earn a living to support their familes, most of the ladies in the bar scene are doing the same thing. There are no free government handouts in Thailand. The only people I tend not to respect is the

seemingly fit beggar who could if they really tried, find some kind of paid work, instead of sitting down rattling a tin wanting handouts for doing nothing and of course those involved in corruption.

interesting thread but my view is that unless you have or want children why bother and if you want to run a bar or something getting married is going to the extreme. if you do not have any money you are not going to loose it by getting married.

if you want to run a bar or something getting married is going to the extreme.

No, it's essential as you can't work on a retirement extension, but you can on a marriage extension.

interesting thread but my view is that unless you have or want children why bother and if you want to run a bar or something getting married is going to the extreme. if you do not have any money you are not going to loose it by getting married.

if you want to run a bar or something getting married is going to the extreme.

No, it's essential as you can't work on a retirement extension, but you can on a marriage extension.

I agree that it's going to the extreme if the only reason to get married is so that you can legally run a bar. An alternative would be to put the bar in the name of the Thai girl who you'd otherwise be marrying, in which case your financial exposure is limited to the money that you put in the bar rather than an open ended expense.

There are just some men that just have to be married. I personally don't understand it but I see it all the time.

My guess it is often just socialization/brainwashing. When I grew up, it was just expected that one would get married and some people still accept that as "normal".

• Like 2

There are just some men that just have to be married. I personally don't understand it but I see it all the time.

My guess it is often just socialization/brainwashing. When I grew up, it was just expected that one would get married and some people still accept that as "normal".

poor guess

I agree, it's what we were taught to do,

Hard to resist your early childhood training conditioning,

But I'm thinking less and less of the newer generations will touch marriage with a barge pole.

It's a lose/lose situation for men in most western countries.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Plenty of the 'younger' generation marry. They just leave it until later in life when they're sure it's right, rather than marrying in haste and repenting when they're a bitter, middle aged git.

I married at 22 and was divorced at 52.

And I had been dating her for the 3 years prior to marriage.

How many years have you managed?

I agree, it's what we were taught to do,

Hard to resist your early childhood training conditioning

Only if one is afraid.

But I'm thinking less and less of the newer generations will touch marriage with a barge pole.

It's a lose/lose situation for men in most western countries.

No it isn't. Pre-nups are common place and highly-effective.