Speeding Lamborghini hits 2, knocks out traffic light in Bangkok

webfact

There are an estimated 50,000 people in Bangkok alone that are totally above the law and can get away with anything. There are I'd guess at least another couple of million than can pay their way out. Of course the owner of a supercar will be one of them.

Edited by Neeranam

I understand the outrage when a rich person gets away with things the rest of us would not.

I don't understand the glee and pompous indignation expressed when a rich person commits a crime that would barely make a mention if a regular person were to do the same thing.

I mean, would a story of an accident involving a 5 year old Vios with no plates make the news? Would it draw the same vitriol as this guy does? Is it actually about envy rather than justice?

Just Saying...

Agreed at one level. In essence this is just another moron who is incapable of driving

a high powered car. I think perhaps that there is a bit of vitriol carried over from red bull punk

over to this guy. Only a bit of luck saved this guy from killing the two guys on the bench.

Then he certainly would have deserved a firestorm of contempt.....

• Like 2

Maybe while we're at it we might as well check how the vehicle was imported ?If the car is newly bought and awaiting issue of the first registration the buyer can opt to run it with no plates at all but use of the car is restricted to within the Province of registration and to hours of (I think, 0600 to 1800).

Most new car buyers opt for red trade plates that can be used nationwide but each journey is required to be recorded in the temporary registration book and use is restricted 0600 to 1800.

But tell that to my wife who drove her car for 13 months on red plates and never recorded a trip

and ignored the time limits.

Based on the above information then, he was obviously breaking the law regarding driving times on red plates since he was racing around at 2am..

So have most farangs mia farangs who bought a car on the Thai only first car scheme. Probably as illegal as buying their houses. coffee1.gif

Potentially the new police chief has the opportunity now to show us real change.......

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. He’ll be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

how much?

Potentially the new police chief has the opportunity now to show us real change.......

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. He’ll be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

plus an additional charge of driving a vehicle without licence plates, possibly without insurance as well ?

Maybe while we're at it we might as well check how the vehicle was imported ?

Fine him with 500 Bahts for reckless driving.

Let the hurt people sue the driver on millions out.

But if the car was purchased without import tax,

the state should then collect 10 million baht tax +

10 million baht as punishment for tax evasion.

I'm sure the 2 victims will be forced to pay damages to the owner of the Lamborghini. Darn pedestrians should know their place and get the hell out of the way of speeding HiSo Thais. Look what these slackers did to his car!!!

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

On these high powered sports cars there should be a program in the computer that will only allow 40% performance until the driver enters a code he can only obtain by attending an advanced driving course run by the factory in Italy. It would be a mandatory requirement for all the manufacturers of cars over a certain Hp/weight. So even a little Abarth Fiat driver would have to do the advanced driving course if the car went over the Hp/weight.

Of course the owner would have to pass the course fair and square.

A V-10 was never designed for tiny Thai feet in the 1st place.

Thai feet = Asian feet?

I wonder if Prince Bira and Kamui Kobayashi would agree with you?

Prince Bira will be well over most TVF members heads. Got a circuit named after him just outside Pattaya, most people never heard of him

Over our heads? Forgive us your indulgence here but Thailand has never been a hub of anything that excels in motor sports. There's your Fangio's, Clark's and Schumacher's of the world. Then there's Bira and other, similar dim bulbs. Somewhere in between, there's the average, rich brat Lambo pilot and the minibus drivers... all going the same speed.

Prbkk post # 83

This one is no Prince Bira, just a James Hunt.

Naughty but nice comment.

I knew the late James Hunt and a prime character he was too, and you may well recall that his nickname was , ''Hunt the Shunt'' a nickname bestowed upon him by the rest of the then F.1.fraternity for his somewhat eccentric aggressive driving (sic) tactics

On these high powered sports cars there should be a program in the computer that will only allow 40% performance until the driver enters a code he can only obtain by attending an advanced driving course run by the factory in Italy. It would be a mandatory requirement for all the manufacturers of cars over a certain Hp/weight. So even a little Abarth Fiat driver would have to do the advanced driving course if the car went over the Hp/weight.

Of course the owner would have to pass the course fair and square.

I believe some sport cars have performance restrictions tied to the GPS locations.

Drive onto a race track and it will automatically give you access to wide open throttle.

Edited by CarlTyson

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This guy always drove like a fool.

I've seen him doing well over 200km/hr up the highway before. Drives it like a real dik.

This guy always drove like a fool.

I've seen him doing well over 200km/hr up the highway before. Drives it like a real dik.

Too bad he wasn't pulled out by witnesses and given a good thrashing for recklessness. What a jerk. He often parks it at CDC on weekends to show off. Saw him pass me by on the highway too toward at narong exit, swerving this way and that.

With dark tints and no registration plate how do you know it was the same person? There are a lot of Lamborghinis in Thailand.

True.

Just not that many orange Lambo's flying around so it's a wild guess.

How many orange Lambos have you seen?

There may be quite a few...

As of Sept 30, a total of 5,319 Porches were registered in Thailand along with 2,296 Jaguars, 463 Ferraris, 391 Bentleys, 363 Lamborghinis, 241 Lotuses...

Among 363 Lambos there must be a few orange ones for sure...

• Like 1

wonder if he will lose his licence or is he to rich/connected for that, no rego plates so theres another broken law, speeding as well. Just shows how pathetic the policing is when they just let them go because they drive expensive cars, just another red bull incident that will disappear

As I understand, pulling over the wrong car, can negatively affect a traffic cops career, hence they simply don't pull over expensive cars as odds are the owner is someone with influence. If the system really is like that, then you can hardly blame the traffic cops.

• Like 2

wonder if he will lose his licence or is he to rich/connected for that, no rego plates so theres another broken law, speeding as well. Just shows how pathetic the policing is when they just let them go because they drive expensive cars, just another red bull incident that will disappear

As I understand, pulling over the wrong car, can negatively affect a traffic cops career, hence they simply don't pull over expensive cars as odds are the owner is someone with influence. If the system really is like that, then you can hardly blame the traffic cops.

I asked the wife why the cops don't pull over expensive cars?

"They probably work for the government" she says.

• Like 1

Gerry1011, how did you get those figures?

The Porches and Jaguars are fair enough, but that many Lambos??...and Ferrari's for that matter.

Plenty of rich there I suppose.

Just to give some sort of idea go to one2car.com Thai Tents car sales

Lambos there are 75. 2nd hand ones For Sale

The lot cheaper supercar Ferrari there are 39. 2nd hand ones For Sale

on the other hand Jags that do not come in this supercar bracket there are also 75. 2nd hand ones For Sale a number of these are the old XJ

​as for Porsche well they are many millions of baht cheaper than a Lambo but some 429. 2nd hand ones For Sale

So Lambos costing 36 million baht up look to have good sales figures in Thailand

Edited by ignis