NancyL needs and deserves your VOTE !

Asiantravel

Come on Chiang Mai people! If you want to show your support for NancyL to be voted ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 you have to generate more support. NancyL seems to work tirelessly in your community but I am sure she is too proud to do what her competitor has resorted to which is to beg for votes.bah.gif

So show her your support now!intheclub.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/786724-pattaya-people-please-put-me-over-the-top-as-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014/

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 2

Certain posters have made up false scandals, smeared her name and ruined the brand - kind of like what the Obama team did to Mitt Romney in the last presidential election. Anyway, Jingthing has been coming in second place on this poll for many years and it looks like he might actually end up at the top this year. Stubbornness might actually pay off in the end.

• Like 2

Went to vote for my favourite poster and couldn't find my name. Then looked for Northern John and Up Theos and they were missing too. Someone has nobbled the election.

But being a loyal adopted son of Chiang Mai I gave my vote to our version of Mother Teresa.

• Like 2

Went to vote for my favourite poster and couldn't find my name. Then looked for Northern John and Up Theos and they were missing too. Someone has nobbled the election.

But being a loyal adopted son of Chiang Mai I gave my vote to our version of Mother Teresa.

I agree, it's frustrating to look over the field of candidates and wonder who are those guys anyway? That's because the nominations came out of the Farang Pub Forum, of all places. Jingthing is lobbying hard to be the pollmaster next year and bring some sanity to the entire process. I owe my nomination to him. The only time I even venture into the Farang Pub forum is when a thread starts in the General forum and gets moved there after I've started to get interested -- which is very rarely. Apparently, he hangs out there more often.

I wonder if we couldn't have a Thai Visa Chiang Mai Forum Poster of the Year? Certainly something I'll ask the mods once the dust clears from this contest.

Meanwhile, either Jingthing or I would appreciate your vote. It's time to bring some sanity to this contest!

Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 1

Certain posters have made up false scandals, smeared her name and ruined the brand - kind of like what the Obama team did to Mitt Romney in the last presidential election. Anyway, Jingthing has been coming in second place on this poll for many years and it looks like he might actually end up at the top this year. Stubbornness might actually pay off in the end.

well at least your president did something right before he was appointed more than what the right wing press say he has done since he was elected,you yanks are very very lucky to have such a wonderful man as your leader.and the abuse he gets is akin to sacrilege.

Oh my, we are a cantankerous lot here in Chiang Mai, aren't we? Let's not pull this into a discussion of U.S. politics.

By comparison, Jingthing, the candidate from Pattaya started a similar thread on his hometown forum and the most abuse he's received is from people asking him for sexual favors for their vote.

I guess no one's going to expect sexual favors from me in exchange for a vote, huh?

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Thank you Asiantravel, whomever you are for your support.

In the interests of full disclosure, I have begged for everyone's support -- about five days ago in the thread that has mercifully drifted onto one of the back pages of this forum. Let's just say some posts I made on the campaign thread of the General Forum were misinterpreted. I still don't think it's a good idea to post photos and personal details about your cute, young children on a public forum in an effort to win a silly internet contest. But, hey yes it is a parent's right to do that I suppose. But, the some of the other candidates twisted my comments to make me appear to be a nasty old biddy all because I'm concerned about child safety.

The best I could come up with are not-so-cute photos of my family -- Hubby and Mr. Bitey -- leading some to speculate on who was the husband and who was the cat. But the fun and games are over.

I've decided to assume a lower profile in this contest and go back to just making my usual contributions -- you know about where to find a dry cleaner, what happens to your bank account when you die and when is Duke's opening at Maya Mall. You know, the important stuff in our lives.

But, it would be nice to have a good showing in this contest. One of the other candidates, Jingthing is also a member who contributes posts of value, primarily for people in Pattaya. He's in the lead right now. It would be good if I could come in Number 2 and together we could beat the rest of the clowns at their own game.

So, please pop over to the General forum and please vote for either me or Jingthing as Thai Visa Poster of the Year. Thank you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785491-thaivisa-poster-of-the-year-2014-vote-now/

Which is where it belongs. Such silliness! The "Queen for a Day" on ThaiVisa !!! coffee1.gif

Anyway, have fun! biggrin.png

Oh my, we are a cantankerous lot here in Chiang Mai, aren't we? Let's not pull this into a discussion of U.S. politics.

By comparison, Jingthing, the candidate from Pattaya started a similar thread on his hometown forum and the most abuse he's received is from people asking him for sexual favors for their vote.

I guess no one's going to expect sexual favors from me in exchange for a vote, huh?

Take ye avatar picture down & you might get some offers or even some more voteswhistling.gif

I will be happy this year if the winner is NancyL or me. Of course, I prefer me. I'm human. Why not? I've been in the running, close but no cigar for a number of years now. So I'd like to actually take the first prize ONCE. Is that too greedy? I don't think so.

This isn't really about U.S. politics but clearly there is politics involved on all aspects of life, including Thaivisa Poster of the Year contest!

BTW, I really do LOVE Chiang Mai!

The reasons I didn't move there though are:

-- public transportation not as good at Pattaya

-- the air pollution/smoke problem as I have asthma I didn't think it would be prudent

In my soul I am more Chiang Mai than Pattaya.

But my lungs are another story.

Shameless to lobby here?

No doubt!

I really do admire the activism of NancyL in Chiang Mai and her posts about it here. While I don't agree 100 percent with all her opinions and attitudes, she has my utmost respect as:

'Fine Lady of Substance from the Lanna Land ... now with cajones!'

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Take ye avatar picture down & you might get some offers or even some more voteswhistling.gif

NOT nice and an apology is in order!

• Like 2

I will be happy this year if the winner is NancyL or me. Of course, I prefer me. I'm human. Why not? I've been in the running, close but no cigar for a number of years now. So I'd like to actually take the first prize ONCE. Is that too greedy? I don't think so.

This isn't really about U.S. politics but clearly there is politics involved on all aspects of life, including Thaivisa Poster of the Year contest!

coffee1.gif

coffee1.gif

Who knew there were so many ways to serve coffee?coffee1.gif

31 Beautiful, Simple Ways to Drink Your Coffee Around the World

http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/04/04/31-beautiful-simple-ways-to-drink-your-coffee-around-the-world/

Edited by Jingthing

Well this is the old pals act style of voting, i.e there was never a peoples vote,so start thinking the nominations are coming from the cliques,so either you are in one or you are not.Sounds a bit like real political voting,does it not? and with that I am going to vote for JingThing,he deserves a win,and has worked hard for it!

I agree, it's frustrating to look over the field of candidates and wonder who are those guys anyway? That's because the nominations came out of the Farang Pub Forum, of all places. ...

Nancy ... maybe get your facts correct.

The OP started in General and only got moved, by the time most of the nominations were made and the mud slinging had started ... then it went into the Pub forum.

Look for yourself if you have doubts.

You've got my vote (only cuz I didn't see my name there biggrin.png ) and looks like you've got 2x the number of the next member so if you win don't forget to send the promised 200 bht. But seriously you've not only answered questions but replied in length to pms taking the time and trouble to help. Being part of the TV community by helping me with my dry cleaning needs is more with the spirit IMHO then trying to convince others of your political views. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Edited by junglechef

You've got my vote (only cuz I didn't see my name there biggrin.png ) and looks like you've got 2x the number of the next member so if you win don't forget to send the promised 200 bht. But seriously you've not only answered questions but replied in length to pms taking the time and trouble to help. Being part of the TV community by helping me with my dry cleaning needs is more with the spirit IMHO then trying to convince others of your political views. Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Thank you for your support, Junglechef -- and at the budget price of just 200 bht. Good to know there are still some Cheap Charlies left in Chiang Mai.

No, I'm not one to share my political views on TV, although I do try to share what I've learned about life in CM. I'm going to have get in gear and change my mental Roladex about dry cleaning soon, though. Washy Mashy is closing at year end. Sob! What a loss to the Chiang Mai scene.

• Like 1

Well this is the old pals act style of voting, i.e there was never a peoples vote,so start thinking the nominations are coming from the cliques,so either you are in one or you are not.Sounds a bit like real political voting,does it not? and with that I am going to vote for JingThing,he deserves a win,and has worked hard for it!

God help me. Some people are starting to think this is serious.