NancyL needs and deserves your VOTE !

Asiantravel

Sheryl is a mod. She already won in a previous year when mods were eligible. Recently it was decided to make mods ineligible for this annual contest.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Jingthing

Sorry, but didn't do owt for me. May have been good for some people, but I also see a lot of self-serving and snarkiness... wolf in sheep's clothing whistling.gif. The most invaluable posters -- Sheryl, 7by7, et al, who help people on this site on a daily basis -- would likely not stoop to promoting themselves.

“a lot of self-serving and snarkiness “

pot, kettle, black, considering the two names you propose are not even on the list.rolleyes.gif

good grief anyone would think you were being asked for a monetary contribution or something?it's only a vote for God's sakeblink.png

I simply posted this to create some balance because if you really want to see what self promotion is about you should see the thread her main competitor initiated in the Pattaya Forumermm.gif

• Like 1

Went to vote for my favourite poster and couldn't find my name. Then looked for Northern John and Up Theos and they were missing too. Someone has nobbled the election.

But being a loyal adopted son of Chiang Mai I gave my vote to our version of Mother Teresa.

I agree, it's frustrating to look over the field of candidates and wonder who are those guys anyway? That's because the nominations came out of the Farang Pub Forum, of all places. Jingthing is lobbying hard to be the pollmaster next year and bring some sanity to the entire process. I owe my nomination to him. The only time I even venture into the Farang Pub forum is when a thread starts in the General forum and gets moved there after I've started to get interested -- which is very rarely. Apparently, he hangs out there more often.

I wonder if we couldn't have a Thai Visa Chiang Mai Forum Poster of the Year? Certainly something I'll ask the mods once the dust clears from this contest.

Meanwhile, either Jingthing or I would appreciate your vote. It's time to bring some sanity to this contest!

Thank you for your consideration.

Weren't you the lady who made the blatantly bigoted anti-British post on another thread recently?

Now you want us to vote for another American if not you? And support the idea of the American's running the polls??

Nothing like a thick skin and we all saw how Al Gore lost.whistling.giftongue.png

• Like 1

Sorry, but didn't do owt for me. May have been good for some people, but I also see a lot of self-serving and snarkiness... wolf in sheep's clothing whistling.gif. The most invaluable posters -- Sheryl, 7by7, et al, who help people on this site on a daily basis -- would likely not stoop to promoting themselves.

pot, kettle, black, considering the two names you propose are not even on the list.rolleyes.gif

good grief anyone would think you were being asked for a monetary contribution or something?it's only a vote for God's sakeblink.png

I simply posted this to create some balance because if you really want to see what self promotion is about you should see the thread her main competitor initiated in the Pattaya Forumermm.gif

I agree with daveAustin. There are several posters who spring to mind who weren't included in the poll. All people who post with helpful information and comments similar to the two DA mentions. These people not only help, regularly, but usually keep out of the rabid discussions most of us like to jump in on.

Who chose the candidates?

Now we even have NancyL saying that CM should have it's own POTY competition? Why not make it CM American POTY competition and keep the rest of us from standing?

I agree with daveAustin. There are several posters who spring to mind who weren't included in the poll. All people who post with helpful information and comments similar to the two DA mentions. These people not only help, regularly, but usually keep out of the rabid discussions most of us like to jump in on.

Who chose the candidates?

Now we even have NancyL saying that CM should have it's own POTY competition? Why not make it CM American POTY competition and keep the rest of us from standing?

A sort of POTY World Series laugh.png

• Like 1

Thank you Gonzo for coming to my defense. Your post is related to the false assertion that I made "anti-British statements" That simply isn't true. See this thread. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/786458-avoiding-iffy-expats/ It was started by someone who wanted to smear several of the community service groups I'm involved with.

It's all tied to a feeling among a certain group in our community that I personally should have done something different with regard to their financial losses and the CM Expats Club.

I've asked my critics to come forward, to join the board, to run for office, to get involved in the club and, of course no one has. The board members who remained after Alan Hall withdrew his support in March recruited new board members and together we developed a new constitution with the provision for an elected board. Still, none of the club critics chose to run for elected office. At the meetings, everything is cheery and fun. Membership and the number of sponsors are growing. Yet some critics continue to smear from behind their keyboards.

CM Expats Club will have its first Annual General Meeting on 16 January at 9 am at River Market Restaurant. All members are encouraged to attend -- there are over 1100 members so I hope Dave has room. Everyone who is there by 9 am will receive a free voucher for the breakfast buffet at Coffee Morning at 10 am after the meeting. That's your time to ask questions and see the reports from your CEC board.

I've debated with myself for a couple days now as to whether to post or not post regarding opinions stated re NancyL.

I know Nancy and know her to be a kind, caring and dedicated lady, doing a very commendable and much needed job, here in he CM Expat Community. She helps a great number of people in their time of need, with her compassion .

On this and another forum, she daily takes a bashing from a lot of distraught individuals. All this may well be attributed to her friendship or association with an individual no longer affiliated with the Expat Club. It would appear , thru reading posts on both of the forums, that some of these individuals hold her to be somewhat associated with the downfall of a certain investment or fund.

I would like to ask these accusing individuals to stand up like a real man and look at where truly, the fault lies. Most of these accusers , apparently have lost a great deal by investing with the now removed , investment seller. But where does the fault really lie?

Consider:

We are in a third world, developing country. We are not in a western developed country with laws and safeguards in place to protect potential investors

Knowing you are in such a developing country, why would you invest in anything based on words and/or fabrications, without greater in depth investigation, much more than you would have done back home. You and others know why you made such a high risk and possibly irrational investment.... thinking that you were going to make some very good return.... to be put mildly.

Next , I don't think anyone put a gun to your heads and made you invest. The responsibility rests truly on the heads of the investor. You felt you had the opportunity to make some good money so you invested..... YOU invested, the responsibility is yours. No one elses YOURS.

Now whether this was an intended scam or if it just happened...... you Mr. investor are solely responsible for your actions..... Now is the time to accept that fact , not look for someone to blame. Its not Nancy's fault that you invested and lost.

I do sympathize with your plight and do not like to see anyone taken advantage of. But stand up like a man and put the blame where it truly lies.

Don't try to create a problem and take spite on someone whom you feel can be made a scapegoat for your own shortcomings.

Again I do feel for you, those who have lost a great deal, Don't let it dominate the rest of your thinking and rest of your lives

This is solely my own personal opinion.

In spite of all, and I know its will be hard, do try and go forward and have a Happy New Year.

I would like to ask these accusing individuals to stand up like a real man and look at where truly, the fault lies.”

A few minutes on Google would have revealed the person in Australia heading the entity into which the money was being invested wasn't nicknamed the Scarlet Pimpernel of investment fund management for nothing?ph34r.png

http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-scarlet-pimpernel-of-funds-management-20120517-1ysnv.html#comments

Edited by Asiantravel

I agree Nancy deserves the vote for all her good work at the expats club.

With Allan Hall's strong support, how can NancyL lose? thumbsup.gif

And here I naively thought that this was related to the Thai Visa Forum ... and not what happens elsewhere.

• Like 2

And here I naively thought that this was related to the Thai Visa Forum ... and not what happens elsewhere.

You should know here is not like "What happens at band camp stays at band camp.

• Like 1

a pathetic attempt at character assassinationbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

a pathetic attempt at character assassination:bah:bah.gif:bah:bah.gif:bah:

Asiantravel ... reality check aisle #3

Get a grip man.

Members coming out and supporting Nancy, espousing what a great person she is, how her posts have enriched and embellished their lives ... but joined 39 mins ago ... reality check aisle #3

• Like 1

Well that is kind of weird but they deleted all but the 4 top runners

So if you voted for any other than these four may as well go delete your vote

& recast it for one of the 4

Nancy for me is easily the most legitimate helpful poster of the remaining runners

Good Luck Nancythumbsup.gif

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

a pathetic attempt at character assassination:bah:bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Get a grip man.

Members coming out and supporting Nancy, espousing what a great person she is, how her posts have enriched and embellished their lives ... but joined 39 mins ago ... reality check aisle #3

" but joined 39 mins ago "

errmm …………. That's the point and you clearly don't understand the significance of having that name and that avatar cheering for Nancy.ermm.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Get a grip man.

" but joined 39 mins ago "

errmm …………. That's the point and you clearly don't understand the significance of having that name and that avatar cheering for Nancy.ermm.gif

Dear Asiantravel ... I have now doubt that you have a great passion for the member NancyL.

I've been informed re the Alan Hall character.

But, that didn't happen, in reality, on the Forum.

Here, we are talking about things that happened on the Forum. The POTY is about the Forum.

So now, we have a member, the newly joined Alan Hall, supposedly a bona-fide member joining for less then an hour and then coming out and supporting Nancy, espousing what a great person she is, how her posts have enriched and embellished their lives.

Open your eyes please and see the post for what it really is.

I wonder if the mods are able to trace where the IP address of the person who opened the new "Alan Hall" account is located?

Many people would love to know if he's back in Thailand.

It couldn't possibly be the real Alan Hall back in Chiang Mai, or the peasants would be out with their torches and pitchforks.

Of course not and if he were I'm sure this forum under his real name would be the last thing on his mind.

Someone's having a laugh laugh.png

• Like 1